Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why can I not move my two main characters to the same sever???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why can I not move my two main characters to the same sever???

righrughrpgrpg
06.21.2012 , 01:00 PM | #1
Ok I been away while.

come back to character transfers and find I cannot move both my characters!!!

Now, when my main character was stuck on a dead end sever with no information to how long it would take the general advice was to 'make a new character!' which I did.

Figured I could then transfer both of them to a single server and play...

So imagine my horror when now I have two characters that I have built up and now have to choose which one to use and worse, re-roll the other one again on the new sever!!!

Please tell me if there is a way to get both my characters on the same sever, if not then once again I fell they really take the 'biscuit' with how they treating their customers.

Saurakk
06.21.2012 , 01:03 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by righrughrpgrpg View Post
Ok I been away while.

Now, when my main character was stuck on a dead end sever with no information to how long it would take the general advice was to 'make a new character!' which I did.

So imagine my horror when now I have two characters that I have built up and now have to choose which one to use and worse, re-roll the other one again on the new sever!!!

Please tell me if there is a way to get both my characters on the same sever, if not then once again I fell they really take the 'biscuit' with how they treating their customers.
From what I can tell your two characters were not on the same server to begin with if you made a new one...and had no issues previously playing this way.

Right now they are doing free transfers for specific servers to specific servers. They may have an open transfer option in the future, and they will probably allow for paid transfers also in the future.

KeepMe
06.21.2012 , 01:05 PM | #3
Some ppl have characters on 2 different servers that are going to the same destination server and some dont... it's just the way it is.

misterME
06.21.2012 , 01:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by righrughrpgrpg View Post
Ok I been away while.

Don't count on it. These guys don't have a clue what they're doing in the first place.

If they ever--and that's a pretty big IF--let you choose where to transfer your characters, it will likely cost a pretty penny. And these ammeters will never, and I do mean never, get another red cent of my money. I'd advise you to keep yours too.
Faith in Bioware restored June 29, 2012: See the Magic!

Parali
06.21.2012 , 01:35 PM | #5
Greetings,

This free character transfer process assigns origin servers to destination servers, as listed in this List of Available Servers for Transfer. Our Character Transfer FAQ explains the process here:

Quote:
Can I transfer my character to any server I wish?

Not as part of the initial Character Transfer Service. By encouraging players to transfer characters to and from specified servers, we hope to ensure balanced server populations across the service. Eligible servers will be listed as they become available for transfers at www.swtor.com/transfer. Characters on a specific group of origin servers will only be able to transfer to specific individual destination servers.
We hope this gives a little more insight to your situation. If you would like to continue discussing the server transfer process you may want to join the conversation here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477344

We will be closing this thread now. Thank you!