Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Players I shall no longer buff

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community
Players I shall no longer buff

DeathMutant
06.21.2012 , 02:01 PM | #21
Imagine if everyone did not get the "run speed" buff at level 1. Now imagine if you were the single class that could give one. Do you hear people screaming "SOW PLZ" at you too?

Sorry, I just had a flashback to a former life. . .

GnatB
06.21.2012 , 02:19 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
2) Female companions treated as sex objects. So I asked a commando how Elara Dorne did in combat wearing the sex slave suit. His response: "That b**th is useless, I take Aric. I only bring her out on the fleet to show off." Is that something you want your mother to hear you say? Look, I'm a guy and I understand that our fantasy lives can get misogynistic but being a man and a gentleman requires us to put away those primal desires. Grow up.
*shrug* I happen to feel that characters in games should idealy be eye candy, unless there some reason (such as a plot reason) otherwise. I don't object to beefcake, so I would appreciate it if others don't object to cheesecake.

GnatB
06.21.2012 , 02:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
. I buff almost everyone because I like helping people, at least you get a buff back half the tome...so far sinse headstart for TOR,
I'll buff others if I remember/think about it, (which usually only happens when they buff me.)

Heck, half the time I forget to even buff myself. I've taken to using my buff as the dismount button, just so I don't forget to.

(edit: IIRC, I really liked how EQ2 did it. Any remotely long buff was simply an on/off toggle. Though I'll admit that pretty much removed drive-by buffings)

CaptRavenous
06.21.2012 , 04:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
Everybody knows that each class has a buff they can give to any other player or party members that gives that player an hour long increase in something. They are called, lucky shot, hunter's boon, mark of power, etc. When encountering another player, I consider giving the buff the polite thing to do and about half the time, the favor is returned.

However, there are two behaviors that will now get a buff withheld from me (as if anyone really cares).

1) Players who think they are kangaroos. There is a time and place for jumping. However, moving from one GTN kiosk to another in your giant petty ***** compensating scooter is not it. The only reason to bounce down the fleet hallways is to draw attention to yourself. I will not buff you in hopes that you get ganked.

2) Female companions treated as sex objects. So I asked a commando how Elara Dorne did in combat wearing the sex slave suit. His response: "That b**th is useless, I take Aric. I only bring her out on the fleet to show off." Is that something you want your mother to hear you say? Look, I'm a guy and I understand that our fantasy lives can get misogynistic but being a man and a gentleman requires us to put away those primal desires. Grow up.

Now that I have got that off my chest I feel better. Thanks for reading.
Some people just want to be idiots and morons when they grow up, because being cool is what really matters.

Next time you see them, be sure to at least say "hi" to the future inmates being supported by your tax dollars.

"My God! The places I've been and the people I've had sex with!" - Phil Ken Sebben
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

Captain_Zone
06.21.2012 , 05:37 PM | #25
Treating pixelated women as sexual objects in public is wrong. That's why Jaesa and Vette only wear their slave girl outfits on the ship. >.>

<.<

. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Ashlian
06.21.2012 , 09:35 PM | #26
I don't think it's the kangaroo jumping in general that's bothersome. It's the ON THE GIANT SPEEDER part, and that I totally agree with. Particularly when they're bouncing in circles around the GTN or vendors. Bouncing sans speeder I can live with.

I'll add a pet peeve of my own. People who use aoe abilities such as forcequake or the horrifically annoying smuggler emote repeatedly. Once or twice, fine, but when you sit there forcequaking on the fleet or throwing little grenades at the floor...../facepalm. It makes me occasionally sorry I can't gank my own faction.

BlazingShadow
06.21.2012 , 09:45 PM | #27
Good thing I unlocked all 4 buffs weeks ago.

I didn't roll Sith Warrior to treat my slave with respect. Nor did I roll bountyhunter to treat my co-worker with respect. Nor did I roll agent to treat my bald co-worker with respect. Nor did I roll inquisitor to treat Khem Val with respect.

TheLordMagnus
06.21.2012 , 09:52 PM | #28
this topic was amusing
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE

TheLordMagnus
06.21.2012 , 09:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
Good thing I unlocked all 4 buffs weeks ago.

I didn't roll Sith Warrior to treat my slave with respect. Nor did I roll bountyhunter to treat my co-worker with respect. Nor did I roll agent to treat my bald co-worker with respect. Nor did I roll inquisitor to treat Khem Val with respect.
also what he said
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE

djrtykow
06.21.2012 , 11:04 PM | #30
Uneedtissue?
Perfection. You are looking at it.