Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Players I shall no longer buff

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Players I shall no longer buff

thomasmeadows's Avatar


thomasmeadows
06.21.2012 , 01:09 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
1) Players who think they are kangaroos. There is a time and place for jumping. However, moving from one GTN kiosk to another in your giant petty ***** compensating scooter is not it. The only reason to bounce down the fleet hallways is to draw attention to yourself. I will not buff you in hopes that you get ganked.
Some people just have OCD and just have to be doing something all the time. Plus with the 15min loggoff timer the problem is amplified. And yes...I am a kangaroo

Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
2) Female companions treated as sex objects. So I asked a commando how Elara Dorne did in combat wearing the sex slave suit. His response: "That b**th is useless, I take Aric. I only bring her out on the fleet to show off." Is that something you want your mother to hear you say? Look, I'm a guy and I understand that our fantasy lives can get misogynistic but being a man and a gentleman requires us to put away those primal desires. Grow up.
How do you know elara doesn't like it? maybe she is kinky in his universe and she likes when he calls her *****. There are really girls like that out there you know...

Quote:
The worst is when you see a class who's buff you really want (yes you, Smugglers!) and you buff them with yours, then stand in front of them, waiting for them to buff you back. When they don't, you buff them again. And again. And then you bounce up and down in front of them and buff them again. Then they turn and run away.

I guess these people are either jerks (won't buff me back cuz it doesn't benefit them), stupid (can't put 2+2 together that they are supposed to buff me back), or newbs (don't know how to buff me back). I suppose I could send them a whisper and ask for the buff but, I'm lazy.
I did not know you could buff players outside your group until I had 2 level 50's. Given that I have never played an mmorpg where a "group buff" could target groups you were not in or people not in your group. I always thought the buffs in thsi game were fairly insignificant too.
Lvl 50 Guardian | Lvl 50 Gunslinger | Lvl 50 Sage | Lvl 50 Commando | Lvl 50 Marauder | Lvl 27 Operative | Lvl 32 Assassin | Lvl 27 Powertech - Prophecy of Five / Bad Company

Holden_Dissent's Avatar


Holden_Dissent
06.21.2012 , 01:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Anakis View Post
The worst is when you see a class who's buff you really want (yes you, Smugglers!) and you buff them with yours, then stand in front of them, waiting for them to buff you back. When they don't, you buff them again. And again. And then you bounce up and down in front of them and buff them again. Then they turn and run away.

I guess these people are either jerks (won't buff me back cuz it doesn't benefit them), stupid (can't put 2+2 together that they are supposed to buff me back), or newbs (don't know how to buff me back). I suppose I could send them a whisper and ask for the buff but, I'm lazy.
they could be bots!

I'm lucky, I get the commando and knight buffs on my sage. Next I'll have to do a sniper

RSLeMire's Avatar


RSLeMire
06.21.2012 , 01:14 PM | #13
doood wow

I dont jump everywhere but I do have my Kira in a gimp mask... is that bad too?
"Whatever our fate, let us meet it as Jedi."

stuffystuffs's Avatar


stuffystuffs
06.21.2012 , 01:16 PM | #14
Yeah, people who do 2 are obnoxious...don't mind 1 so much myself.

I tried to buff someone on the opposite faction once (PVE server).

Didn't work so well.
Node guarder

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
06.21.2012 , 01:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaosKirin View Post
Agree.

I had someone in a speeder jumping around in a circle around the GTN terminals. Very distracting.
And hindering...I hate those people.

But yeah I total know where you're coming from OP. I buff almost everyone because I like helping people, at least you get a buff back half the tome...so far sinse headstart for TOR, other than being in a gorup I might have gotten 3 people to buff me back. Meh either way I'll buff most; after playing SWG for its last 3 years, getting people buffed up feels important to me haha.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

darthgroond's Avatar


darthgroond
06.21.2012 , 01:35 PM | #16
I bounce in the hope of avoiding your buff
Rest in peace little pixel. Your memory will live on.
-- The Pixel Legacy (The Red Eclipse EU) --

''A Sith craves adventure and excitement.'' - Firrez Pixel

MCesca's Avatar


MCesca
06.21.2012 , 01:41 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
1) Players who think they are kangaroos. There is a time and place for jumping. However, moving from one GTN kiosk to another in your giant petty ***** compensating scooter is not it. The only reason to bounce down the fleet hallways is to draw attention to yourself. I will not buff you in hopes that you get ganked.

2) Female companions treated as sex objects. So I asked a commando how Elara Dorne did in combat wearing the sex slave suit. His response: "That b**th is useless, I take Aric. I only bring her out on the fleet to show off." Is that something you want your mother to hear you say? Look, I'm a guy and I understand that our fantasy lives can get misogynistic but being a man and a gentleman requires us to put away those primal desires. Grow up.
3) People with immature and/or offensive names. Sorry "Adolf Critler," no buffs for you. Also, don't expect me to come running to help you when you spam the general chat that you need help with a boss, or that you're getting ganked by a group of 50's. You chose that name, this is the fate that you deserve.
Danila, Deven, Dor-Toth, Ghen'ni, Jasalynn, Juliya, Kayrssa, Li'naria, Reayl, Sayhan, Sha'la
Argria, Artetva, Avanta, Derreth, Gidyeon, Keehah, Mar-kath, Rhyalla, Thace, Vi'laar, Zinaya

FlippinFlapJack's Avatar


FlippinFlapJack
06.21.2012 , 01:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MCesca View Post
3) People with immature and/or offensive names. Sorry "Adolf Critler," no buffs for you. Also, don't expect me to come running to help you when you spam the general chat that you need help with a boss, or that you're getting ganked by a group of 50's. You chose that name, this is the fate that you deserve.
Is "Richard-Cranium" out of the question?
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

aluisi's Avatar


aluisi
06.21.2012 , 01:46 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
Everybody knows that each class has a buff they can give to any other player or party members that gives that player an hour long increase in something. They are called, lucky shot, hunter's boon, mark of power, etc. When encountering another player, I consider giving the buff the polite thing to do and about half the time, the favor is returned.

However, there are two behaviors that will now get a buff withheld from me (as if anyone really cares).

1) Players who think they are kangaroos. There is a time and place for jumping. However, moving from one GTN kiosk to another in your giant petty ***** compensating scooter is not it. The only reason to bounce down the fleet hallways is to draw attention to yourself. I will not buff you in hopes that you get ganked.

2) Female companions treated as sex objects. So I asked a commando how Elara Dorne did in combat wearing the sex slave suit. His response: "That b**th is useless, I take Aric. I only bring her out on the fleet to show off." Is that something you want your mother to hear you say? Look, I'm a guy and I understand that our fantasy lives can get misogynistic but being a man and a gentleman requires us to put away those primal desires. Grow up.

Now that I have got that off my chest I feel better. Thanks for reading.

So you dont like how other people play the game?? Are they not entitled to do what they want and play how they want? Well I dont like how you play your game so I refuse to buff you oh and your a guy and your forum avatar is a girl soooooo ya living some sort of fantasy? I bet your a girl in game. In some peoples eyes thats just wrong.

dronepilot's Avatar


dronepilot
06.21.2012 , 01:51 PM | #20
*to op* its good to get stuff like this off your chest now and then, feel better ? - Not being sarcastic at all here, but really, to be honest, if people jump around like a kangaroo, let them.. its not hurting me or you at all ! ^^

I agree with you on the other one though, not sure if they are companions.. or just some sex object they can stare at
Velseen / Valseena
Jedi Consular Level 50 - Shadow - Infiltrator - Jedi Sage
Tomb of Freedom Nadd