Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is Full battlemaster good enough?


sithFTW's Avatar


sithFTW
06.21.2012 , 12:35 PM | #1
IS full battlemaster good enough for story ev and kp and also hm's?
Worn out??? Listen you talentless, organic meatbag. One word from my master and I'll pull you apart, limb from useless limb!!

Infalliable's Avatar


Infalliable
06.21.2012 , 12:37 PM | #2
yes. It's plenty for EV and KP. Both story and hardmode. If your group is good and knows optimal rotations/mechanics, it'd be fine for EC story, and nightmare of EV/KP.

sithFTW's Avatar


sithFTW
06.21.2012 , 12:46 PM | #3
ok thanks alot just hit 50 and im going for full battlemaster in about a week
Worn out??? Listen you talentless, organic meatbag. One word from my master and I'll pull you apart, limb from useless limb!!

Aetou's Avatar


Aetou
06.21.2012 , 01:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Infalliable View Post
yes. It's plenty for EV and KP. Both story and hardmode. If your group is good and knows optimal rotations/mechanics, it'd be fine for EC story, and nightmare of EV/KP.
I'm not sure I'd go quite this far (it depends how overgeared the rest of the group are) but it is definitely fine for any of the HM FPs and HM EV/KP. The Nightmares... you can probably carry one person in BM through them but I'd definitely prefer taking them on one run through HM first to teach the mechanics and pick up a few bits of Rakata.

Craxim's Avatar


Craxim
06.21.2012 , 03:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Infalliable View Post
yes. It's plenty for EV and KP. Both story and hardmode. If your group is good and knows optimal rotations/mechanics, it'd be fine for EC story, and nightmare of EV/KP.
Story EC, even in 8, is a challenge for anybody who hasn't been before. A full group of players in full Battlemaster gear would be less preferable than Rakata/Black Hole geared players.
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

RanisTheSlayer's Avatar


RanisTheSlayer
06.21.2012 , 04:33 PM | #6
It's good enough, but I wouldn't take someone in battlemaster to an operation. The columi gear is a representation that you have done enough pve content, shown the minimum amount of competency required to progress into the hard mode content. It's about more than just the numbers.

sithFTW's Avatar


sithFTW
06.21.2012 , 04:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RanisTheSlayer View Post
It's good enough, but I wouldn't take someone in battlemaster to an operation. The columi gear is a representation that you have done enough pve content, shown the minimum amount of competency required to progress into the hard mode content. It's about more than just the numbers.
I just am looking to do story ops with battlemaster. I am just wanting to skip the dailies and their mods and focus on getting the rakata implants. I will be getting full columi for HM ops.
Worn out??? Listen you talentless, organic meatbag. One word from my master and I'll pull you apart, limb from useless limb!!

RanisTheSlayer's Avatar


RanisTheSlayer
06.21.2012 , 04:39 PM | #8
Doesn't matter. I'd rather take a fresh 50 in blues and greens over someone in battlemaster. It's the principle of the concept, not the execution of the means. That's what EV was tested with anyway.

Craxim's Avatar


Craxim
06.21.2012 , 04:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RanisTheSlayer View Post
Doesn't matter. I'd rather take a fresh 50 in blues and greens over someone in battlemaster. It's the principle of the concept, not the execution of the means. That's what EV was tested with anyway.
I agree. PvE is a different mind-set than PvP, while still skill based, skill is not all it takes to be a good raider. All good raiders have skill, not all skilled players are good raiders.
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

ImmortalAlien's Avatar


ImmortalAlien
06.21.2012 , 04:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by sithFTW View Post
IS full battlemaster good enough for story ev and kp and also hm's?
Gear requirement for HM FP's (except LI) and EV and KP SM:
Level 50 Greens & Prototypes. Best without having done any of them a Recruit set.

Gear requirement for HM EV and KP:
Mix of Columi and Tionese. Battlemaster also works.

You're good to go for hard mode.