Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So you want to start running HM flashpoints?

Fubarge
06.21.2012 , 11:58 AM | #1
1. Gear up. Run dailys for a couple days and get your gear modded with lvl 50 purple armoring, mod, and enhancements. These are rewards for the Heroic 2+ quests on Ilum and Belsavis. Use the money you earn from running dailys to buy these mods, armorings and enhancements on the GTN, or rakata implants, belts, bracers and earpiece. Buy relics from the PvP vendors if you have none. This takes a few hours, up to over a week depending on how much credit you want to invest.

2. Research your class, pick a spec you like and figure out what your best spells are.

3. Go to youtube. Watch a video and observe the mechanics. Dont expect someone to just explain every pull. Try to find one from your perspective(ranged/melee/tank/heals)

4. Look for a Group.

5. If you want to watch movies, make sure the group is ok with it.

(or bypass all these steps by having a full group of your friends teach you)

WillHolmes
06.21.2012 , 12:27 PM | #2
or just get to 50 and get a ballin group so then your gear is free

or

hit 50 send urself 400k and spend on nothing but purples works for me every time

Fubarge
06.21.2012 , 01:18 PM | #3
Seems to me you could remove the 'or' in your post and just quote what i said. This is clearly not directed at you. It is for the countless people i have grouped with recently that just seem to put no effort in at all. I can only assume that they dont know what to do, hence the list.

ImmortalAlien
06.21.2012 , 04:47 PM | #4
It is possible to clear the first tier of HM FP's with Premium (Green) level 50 gear. That would be hard, but it's doable.

Walking in with Prototype (Blue) gear from level 50 SM flashpoints or Recruit gear will make it a cakewalk.

So, number 1 isn't that necessary. Even EV is easy without any Tionese or Columi gear.

1.3 will even make getting a set of Recruit gear free, so there's no gearing up process required to do HM FP's except for Lost Island, and EV and KP storymode.

Number 2 is necessary for any endgame activity other than roleplaying. Number 3 is also required for anything in the endgame as well, especially with the newest content being more mechanic heavy than gear heavy. And of course, you need a group.

Also, to reduce the amount of aneurysms from people that don't push spacebar, just don't expect them to.

Tatebomb
06.21.2012 , 04:56 PM | #5
Or just do a quick sm ev or kp with guildies.
Jedi Covenant:

Gothrik: 50 vanguard; Koracks: 50 sent ; Xeen 44 jugg; Gothric: 50 merc

Craxim
06.21.2012 , 05:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalAlien View Post
Also, to reduce the amount of aneurysms from people that don't push spacebar, just don't expect them to.
I could "not expect" a lot of people to do a lot of things, but nothing would ever get done. I would then proceed to ignore or complain about them. I don't see how trashing someone who is trying to put forth effort to improve the community of players helps anything at all.
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

Fubarge
06.21.2012 , 05:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalAlien View Post
It is possible to clear the first tier of HM FP's with Premium (Green) level 50 gear. That would be hard, but it's doable.

Walking in with Prototype (Blue) gear from level 50 SM flashpoints or Recruit gear will make it a cakewalk.

So, number 1 isn't that necessary. Even EV is easy without any Tionese or Columi gear.

1.3 will even make getting a set of Recruit gear free, so there's no gearing up process required to do HM FP's except for Lost Island, and EV and KP storymode.

Number 2 is necessary for any endgame activity other than roleplaying. Number 3 is also required for anything in the endgame as well, especially with the newest content being more mechanic heavy than gear heavy. And of course, you need a group.

Stop telling people its possible in greens. This is not an excuse for you to say "im awesome, i did it in greens" or "i got carried through HM's" If you are not willing to improve your gear before starting, I will not be willing to spend my time playing with you. Period. If youre in recruit gear, i wont be playing with you.

And your rebutal to 2. I find it hard not to attack you personally on this one, so all i can say is really? you dont need to know what skills to use? and the knowledg of such is purely RP? You must have miscomunicated because that is so stupid it hurts.

Aurojiin
06.21.2012 , 07:00 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Fubarge View Post
If youre in recruit gear, i wont be playing with you.
Are you for real? If you can't do tier 1 HM flashpoints in recruit gear, you are bad. That's not elitism, it's just a simple truth. If you can't, you don't understand your class, and you don't understand how to play.

And it's not about people's willingness to improve their gear. Since tier 1 HMs give Columi, and can be beaten in Recruit gear, you and I propose two possible courses of action:

1. Buy recruit gear, clear HM flashpoints, get Columi.
2. Spend a week grinding dailies to get purple 22 mods, clear HM flashpoints, get Columi.

Both options are perfectly viable, it's just that the first is quicker. Apparently we all have to prove our dedication to the game through pointless time-wasting that ultimately achieves nothing.

Fubarge
06.21.2012 , 07:15 PM | #9
Yes i am for real. I never said i couldnt do it, nor did i say it cant be done. Given that gear level is the only thing i can tell about a player by looking at them, unless they can demonstrate skill, i am not playing with someone ho puts 0 effort into their charecter. If my friend has an alt and is feeling lazy, sure ill gear him up. But im not going to devote my time to people i dont know who have not prepared themselves. Im not asking for raid or even HM FP gear here, and its not asking to much, IMO. Luckily for you, it is irrelevent, since you are so godly, your friends list is full of people who want to run with you. so the fact that i wont play with you shouldnt affect your gameplay.

I actually like to run newer 50's through HM's and help them out, but as of late, the dps cant even beat enrage timers on the dps check bosses, such as Bulwark on d7. They are undergeared, or have a bad spec, or dont know how to play, but IDC which, because they couldnt do it. so i wasted a good amount of my own time in the FP. Instead of belitling them, i came to the forums and listed some things to make them better. and you are telling them to be baddies. I really dont get it.

Aurojiin
06.21.2012 , 07:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Fubarge View Post
I actually like to run newer 50's through HM's and help them out, but as of late, the dps cant even beat enrage timers on the dps check bosses, such as Bulwark on d7.
Somewhat unrelated, but they're nerfing Bulwark in 1.3. His enrage was quite tight.

Quote:
They are undergeared, or have a bad spec, or dont know how to play, but IDC which, because they couldnt do it. so i wasted a good amount of my own time in the FP.
Exactly, and this is my point. Saying you won't run with people because they're in recruit gear is stupid and self-defeating. I've seen players fail the enrage on HK in FE when geared in full Columi. If a player is good, Recruit gear is more than sufficient, and if they're bad, it's pretty unlikely that the difference between Recruit gear and daily mods is going to save the day.

Quote:
Instead of belitling them, i came to the forums and listed some things to make them better. and you are telling them to be baddies. I really dont get it.
I find this especially bemusing, seeing as you're the person promoting unnecessary gear elitism instead of being willing to give players the benefit of the doubt and let them prove themselves.

Let me be clear: I'm not saying that doing the things you suggested is a bad idea; it certainly is not. I'm just saying that turning away players because they're using Recruit gear is misguided.

Maybe that's why my friends list is full of people who want to run with me...