Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't see the SOA drill

XLJedi
06.21.2012 , 10:40 AM | #1
As a tank, I notice that in the final stage fight with SOA, I find it nearly impossbile to see the drill. I think it's a camera bug or something, because if I die, I notice that I can see the thing fine when viewing the battle from a distance, but when I'm up pulling aggro on SOA, I can't see the thing at all!!!

Of course, this is very aggravating to me because other people in the group are sitting there saying, "Why aren't you pulling SOA to the drill?" ...and I have to say, I can't see the thing. I don't see it when it first comes off the wall, or when it's hovering.

I've tried all sorts of camera angles, have max zoom set to 100%, zoomed all the way out, nothing seems to help...

Is this a bug?
Reelo (Jedi Guardian)
Server: Jedi Covenant (East Coast Time)
Guild: Starlords
Always willing to lend a hand to those who stop by my server and say hello!

Kaisies
06.21.2012 , 11:47 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by XLJedi View Post
As a tank, I notice that in the final stage fight with SOA, I find it nearly impossbile to see the drill. I think it's a camera bug or something, because if I die, I notice that I can see the thing fine when viewing the battle from a distance, but when I'm up pulling aggro on SOA, I can't see the thing at all!!!

Of course, this is very aggravating to me because other people in the group are sitting there saying, "Why aren't you pulling SOA to the drill?" ...and I have to say, I can't see the thing. I don't see it when it first comes off the wall, or when it's hovering.

I've tried all sorts of camera angles, have max zoom set to 100%, zoomed all the way out, nothing seems to help...

Is this a bug?
ive never heard of this.

also... drill?

Tatile
06.21.2012 , 11:56 AM | #3
Pyramids, pylons, big stone thingies. I suppose every guild has a different name for them - I imagine these guys call it a drill because of the spinning motion.

Our tanks have had some issues seeing the things as well, because of camera angle issues. As such we occasionally have players who yell out where it's going to drop, when it starts to lift etc. I don't believe we've had an occasion when the tank has been unable to see the pyramids for reasons other than those listed above, but it might that you have are experiencing a graphical bug (invisible fire, anyone?).

Twotun
06.21.2012 , 01:56 PM | #4
It happens to me too.
Quote: Originally Posted by norlof View Post
I don't get these people either. I don't like donuts, but I'm going to spend my time and stand around the donut shop and tell everyone who walks in why donuts suck, why they shouldn't eat donuts and why I will never eat donuts again.

rymah
06.21.2012 , 02:08 PM | #5
Obelisk...but never had that issue with being unable to see them, just having them land away from the tank and still kill them.
Minister of Propaganda, Deadly Shenanigans
Drooga's Pleasure Barge / Lord Praven / Squadron 238
The Shadowedsoul Legacy
~ immortalis imperator veneremur ~

Craxim
06.21.2012 , 03:34 PM | #6
Not sure if he means:

He can't see them because they don't show up on his screen. If this is the case, it's a bug I've never heard of before.

He can't see them because he can't turn his camera to look at them correctly. If this is the case, I would suggest making sure your camera zoom option is at 100%, zooming all the way out, and then point your camera view straight at the ground in a "bird's eye" kind of way, which makes it easy to tell when you are under the pylon. Prior to doing this, using the left click to spin your camera around until you see the pylon come out of the wall should help on any issue you're having.

Hope that clears anything up for him.
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

XLJedi
06.22.2012 , 06:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Craxim View Post
Not sure if he means:

He can't see them because they don't show up on his screen. If this is the case, it's a bug I've never heard of before.

He can't see them because he can't turn his camera to look at them correctly. If this is the case, I would suggest making sure your camera zoom option is at 100%, zooming all the way out, and then point your camera view straight at the ground in a "bird's eye" kind of way, which makes it easy to tell when you are under the pylon. Prior to doing this, using the left click to spin your camera around until you see the pylon come out of the wall should help on any issue you're having.

Hope that clears anything up for him.
I mean literally "can't see it" as in graphics glitch... it's just not there. I mentioned that I've tried all sorts of camera angles and I'm at 100% zoom already. I don't see it AT ALL. I don't see it come off the wall, I don't see it move into position, I don't see it hovering... nothing. However, if I die and I'm on the outskirts of the arena area, I can see it perfectly. It only seems to happen when I'm pulling aggro on SOA.
Reelo (Jedi Guardian)
Server: Jedi Covenant (East Coast Time)
Guild: Starlords
Always willing to lend a hand to those who stop by my server and say hello!

CitizenFry
06.22.2012 , 11:22 AM | #8
I have a hard time getting the positioning right even with 100% zoom out. I wish they threw a shadow or something :/ But yeah, I find it super helpful if people yell out "Pillar's up!" so I know to start frantically spinning around trying to find the darn thing.

NuSeC
06.22.2012 , 11:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
I have a hard time getting the positioning right even with 100% zoom out. I wish they threw a shadow or something :/ But yeah, I find it super helpful if people yell out "Pillar's up!" so I know to start frantically spinning around trying to find the darn thing.
To me this is the hardest part of the whole fight... It is strictly on the tank to do this.
Even zooming out it is a huge pain in the butt. I agree it should throw a shadow on the ground or something.
Kinrath Spider -> The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five
>>Get free stuff<< Too many alts to list here! Subscriber from launch!
Grounded-Sorc - Doze-Jugg - Annoy-OP - Catfu-Mara - Gimmik-PT
Howt-Mando - Spammin'rocks-Sage - QQ'On'Forums-GS - Jonatha'n-Guardian - Dumplins-Shadow

Craxim
06.22.2012 , 11:59 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by XLJedi View Post
I mean literally "can't see it" as in graphics glitch... it's just not there. I mentioned that I've tried all sorts of camera angles and I'm at 100% zoom already. I don't see it AT ALL. I don't see it come off the wall, I don't see it move into position, I don't see it hovering... nothing. However, if I die and I'm on the outskirts of the arena area, I can see it perfectly. It only seems to happen when I'm pulling aggro on SOA.
Put a bug report in for this. It could be something in your graphics settings, I know I've not been able to see certain things in cutscenes if bloom wasn't enabled, maybe something similar is going on here. But for certain, put a bug report in on it so they know.
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin