Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New Expansion


Muskaan's Avatar


Muskaan
06.21.2012 , 10:11 AM | #1
I think it's time for SWTOR to announce their first box expansion with a targeted release date of Q3-4 2014.

There's a lot of negative publicity around the game which is harming the game. The promise of a new box expansion 15-18 months from now will drive the hype back up for the game that so many of us have grown to love. It also gives a great sign to the naysayers that SWTOR is moving forward quickly. people will once again have something to talk about and look forward to.
50 Sorc Healer/DPS
- We Brake For Nobody - (RIP)
Empire US-West PvE soon-to-be defunct raiding guild
(5/5 Eternity Vault HM, 5/5 Karagga's Palace HM)

ChaosKirin's Avatar


ChaosKirin
06.21.2012 , 10:18 AM | #2
What about the material they're releasing later this year? New planet, new race?

limida's Avatar


limida
06.21.2012 , 10:20 AM | #3
yeah, like the one above me said, the expansion was announced at e3

midnitemonster's Avatar


midnitemonster
06.21.2012 , 10:20 AM | #4
1.4 is pretty much an expansion. Or did you miss that whole E3 video?

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trai...new-reveals-e3
"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."

Muskaan's Avatar


Muskaan
06.21.2012 , 10:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by limida View Post
yeah, like the one above me said, the expansion was announced at e3
Content Patch != expansion.

Expansion is like the next boxed large content release with a new title, trailers and everything -- SWTOR 2.0
Drives hype back real fast.

Content Patches based of 1.xx.xx will continue on till the expansion is released.
50 Sorc Healer/DPS
- We Brake For Nobody - (RIP)
Empire US-West PvE soon-to-be defunct raiding guild
(5/5 Eternity Vault HM, 5/5 Karagga's Palace HM)

Skyraven's Avatar


Skyraven
06.21.2012 , 10:23 AM | #6
2014
Do you realize that's 2 years and half from launch date?? If there's any by next year, BW will suffer a loss in subscribers even more.

Muskaan's Avatar


Muskaan
06.21.2012 , 10:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyraven View Post
2014
Do you realize that's 2 years and half from launch date?? If there's any by next year, BW will suffer a loss in subscribers even more.
Quote: Originally Posted by midnitemonster View Post
1.4 is pretty much an expansion. Or did you miss that whole E3 video?

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trai...new-reveals-e3
There seems to be some misunderstanding here between content patch and expansion.

An expansion is a massive content patch which actually bumps the revision number up -- i.e. SWTOR 2.0

What they announced in E3 were content patch based on current release - 1.4, 1.5 etc

Content patches == short term goals -- 1.3, 1.4, 1.5

Expansion == long term goal. --- 2.0, 3.0 etc
50 Sorc Healer/DPS
- We Brake For Nobody - (RIP)
Empire US-West PvE soon-to-be defunct raiding guild
(5/5 Eternity Vault HM, 5/5 Karagga's Palace HM)

ChaosKirin's Avatar


ChaosKirin
06.21.2012 , 10:26 AM | #8
The amount of stuff offered in this so called 'content patch' of yours is pretty significant.

Sorry, OP, you have no leg to stand on in this argument. Stuff was announced already. You just missed it, so you're covering up your embarrassment.

Codek's Avatar


Codek
06.21.2012 , 10:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Muskaan View Post
There seems to be some misunderstanding here between content patch and expansion.

An expansion is a massive content patch which actually bumps the revision number up -- i.e. SWTOR 2.0

What they announced in E3 were content patch based on current release - 1.4, 1.5 etc

Content patches == short term goals -- 1.3, 1.4, 1.5

Expansion == long term goal. --- 2.0, 3.0 etc
Many games give content patches as paid expansions in the MMO world FYI, an expansion is anything that you pay to add stuff to the game.
~Codek

Muskaan's Avatar


Muskaan
06.21.2012 , 10:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaosKirin View Post
The amount of stuff offered in this so called 'content patch' of yours is pretty significant.

Sorry, OP, you have no leg to stand on in this argument. Stuff was announced already. You just missed it, so you're covering up your embarrassment.
Do you not understand the simple difference between a content patch and an expansion?

For Wow for example---

Dragon soul was Patch 4.3 -- this was a content patch for the Cataclysm expansion

Mists of Pandaria is a new expansion



What BW announced at E3 was future content patches and not expansion. /sigh
50 Sorc Healer/DPS
- We Brake For Nobody - (RIP)
Empire US-West PvE soon-to-be defunct raiding guild
(5/5 Eternity Vault HM, 5/5 Karagga's Palace HM)