Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My Game has stopped working.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
My Game has stopped working.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EmmetD
06.21.2012 , 10:03 AM | #1
I was playing my game fine last night when i logged off. Later i returned to play again but after logging in and pressing play a black screen flashes for a second and then returns me to my desktop with no sign of SWTOR running. I have tried the repair options and i have attempted to re-install using both a download and disc installation but from the disc it just says "Installation has failed!" and from the download it gets to about 12 gb and then just gives out, any fixes? thanks.

Smaois
06.21.2012 , 10:05 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings EmmetD,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issues launching the game.

Please go to the following location:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\SWTOR
At the above location, you will find a file called client_settings, please post the contents of the file here.

Please note the AppData folder may be hidden, it may be necessary to make hidden files and folders visible in order to go to the above path.

Please post here if you require further assistance.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

EmmetD
06.21.2012 , 06:34 PM | #3
There is currently no folder there as i Uninstalled all parts of the game but now can't re install the game.

Ratae
06.23.2012 , 07:32 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hello EmmetD,

If you are having trouble installing the game again from the disks, I would suggest uninstalling it and downloading from the website.

Let us know if you have any problems doing this or if the original black screen problem reappears afterwards.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support