Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Armstech] - SO SO USELESS NOW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Armstech] - SO SO USELESS NOW

Desoull
06.21.2012 , 05:21 PM | #11
/support this.
Armstech is really bad....
I am going to call my kids Ctrl, Alt and Delete. Then if they muck up I will just hit them all at once.

WillHolmes
06.22.2012 , 08:49 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan-the-knight View Post
in 1.3 you can make augment kits for weapons, and are the ONLY ones with the ability to do so, or so ive heard
nope wrong

armor
arms
synth

WillHolmes
06.22.2012 , 08:52 AM | #13
So the problem with r.e-ing campain and rakata is not that it will take forever but its worth nothing, all you get it an empty orange schematic so basically useless noone is going to pay more then 10k for a weapon skin and augmented its worth the same as elegant modified cause its JUST AN EMPTY ORANGE.

IT SUCKS still have ultrachrome on super farm tho since i get 4 for 4k and one day they will be worth 7-10k if were lucky

WartornSC
06.22.2012 , 09:18 AM | #14
/signed

not really making anything right now on my armstech besides helping out my lower toons.
All of my companions have the weapons from dailies anyway...

XLJedi
06.22.2012 , 09:33 AM | #15
Hey would one of you get on the Jedi Covenant server and put some orange shotguns on the GTN? I been looking for one of those FOREVER!!! ...and wouldn't think twice about throwing down 100k even for a non-aug version.

Doc is a favorite companion for MANY Jedi and his offhand is hard to find.

Wait can armstechs make moddable shotguns? ...if so, man you guys are missing a market.
Reelo (Jedi Guardian)
Server: Jedi Covenant (East Coast Time)
Guild: Starlords
Always willing to lend a hand to those who stop by my server and say hello!

Wapakguy
06.22.2012 , 10:00 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by XLJedi View Post
Hey would one of you get on the Jedi Covenant server and put some orange shotguns on the GTN? I been looking for one of those FOREVER!!! ...and wouldn't think twice about throwing down 100k even for a non-aug version.

Doc is a favorite companion for MANY Jedi and his offhand is hard to find.

Wait can armstechs make moddable shotguns? ...if so, man you guys are missing a market.
No, we can not....

XLJedi
06.22.2012 , 10:07 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Wapakguy View Post
No, we can not....
You need to be asking for moddable shotgun schematics then...
Reelo (Jedi Guardian)
Server: Jedi Covenant (East Coast Time)
Guild: Starlords
Always willing to lend a hand to those who stop by my server and say hello!

Ybini
06.22.2012 , 11:01 AM | #18
I also notice you can buy schems for a lot of the other craft types on the PVP vendor to make their gear, but there are none for armstech. It does need some lovin.

Wapakguy
06.22.2012 , 12:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by XLJedi View Post
You need to be asking for moddable shotgun schematics then...
Moddable shotguns would equate to moddable offhands. Not a horrible idea, but not one that will make really make Armstech pop though. It would be a good upgrade for Arms and Artifice (the other offhand crafter) though.

TBH, I'm only QQing and not really asking for anything. I'm not a system developer (well IRL I actually am, but not this system) I don't really know what to ask for beyond targeted consideration of improving Armstech as a profession. Arms in general seems to "feel" DPS focused. Based on that, suggestions within the existing system would be:

- moving the grenades from cyber to arms where they make more sense.
- Moving DPS adrenals from bio to arms with the animation being adjusting the scope, adding special ammo or brightening a blade instead of injecting a steriod.
- maybe the skill and aim augments should be here too, while will and str augments go to artifice

These are all rob peter to pay paul scenarios which mean they suck, but it's a place to start thinking.

WillHolmes
06.22.2012 , 12:40 PM | #20
If armstech was sythweaving i could craft 500 peices of war hero crit on 25% of them cause droid +5 syth and be a rich mother