Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(L,F&E Interlude 2) An Unexpected Reunion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
(L,F&E Interlude 2) An Unexpected Reunion

kalenath
06.21.2012 , 07:12 AM | #1
((OOC This is a short collaborative fanfic between myself and Setie. The two half sisters Sharlina of the Bladeborn and Setsuna Andal stole a ship from the fleet of Zelkin Infinium and wrought some havoc with it. But now, Sharlina has been dumped in an escape pod and jettisoned. All Sharlina had wanted to do was what her master had ordered her to do. Protect Setie. But when Van had arrived to capture Setie, Seitie hadn't let her sister fight. She had drugged Sharlina and dropped her in the escape pod. And not alone.))

Sharlina came back to consciousness cursing. She remembered everything up to her sister hugging her and then the tingle of an injector on her neck.

"Stupid... Stupid... Stupid... Setie, you stupid fool. You are not alone! You can't do this alone!"

She remembered what Trugoy had said... Setie was so much like Sharlina had been. And it was true. Of course Sharlina wouldn't have drugged anybody, just knocked them out. Sharlina sat in the middle of the pod and shook her head. She ignored the view through the porthole, she ignored the beeping of the instrument panels. She ignored everything except her self loathing at failing her sister. She KNEW what was coming. She KNEW what Setie was going to do. Not the specifics... no, but she KNEW...
My stories in order:
Love, the Force, and Everything Discussion thread here

kalenath
06.21.2012 , 07:13 AM | #2
"The irony in this in amusing. I seem to remember you always having to do things on your own." A voice said from nothing. As far as Sharlina could see there was no one in the pod with her.

"Always the good Sith. Standing on your own two feet. You never let anyone help you either if you'll recall. Never took your elder's advice. Always running about like some wild child and picking fights. You haven't changed a bit...Istara."

((Posted by Setie))
My stories in order:

kalenath
06.21.2012 , 07:13 AM | #3
Sharlina stiffened as the hated voice came to her. Just as arrogant and obnoxious as she remembered.

Kaosis... Why here? Why now?

She snarled silently but didn't reply. First of all, she was in an escape pod. If she broke anything, she was likely to die. Second, she had nothing to say to the woman who had born her. Nothing!
My stories in order:

kalenath
06.21.2012 , 07:14 AM | #4
"Ah, the silent treatment now?" Kaosis stated as she faded into existence, sitting right next to her daughter. A tell tale blue aura surrounding her. Straight red hair pulled back into that severe bun she always seemed to favor, though a few locks were framing her face, just starting to turn from age. Green eyes glaring at Sharlina like they had in the past when Kaosis disapproved of something. Black robed hanging around making a cold, prim look that was woefully out of place on a woman with fire for hair and green eyes that could make one think of some lively forest.

"Suppose that's best. The last time we spoke you stabbed me in the gut with a lightsaber. I'm sure your little blood crazed master was proud when you told him about it." The ghost of Sharlina's mother said bitterly.

((Posted by Setie))
My stories in order:

kalenath
06.21.2012 , 07:15 AM | #5
Sharlina laughed scornfully.

Trugoy blood crazed? She really does know nothing about us does she?

She stared at the image and snorted. This time in derision. Her mother's fashion sense was stuck in the last millennia, as always.

"For a seer you never did see very clearly did you? And come ON Kaosis, that look is SO three hundred years ago..."

Her voice was cold and unemotional. Her thoughts raced under her cold tone.

Force spirits, what did Mama Lizard say? Light against Dark and Dark against Light... Light... Light... I need light power...? great... The one thing I truly suck at...
My stories in order:

kalenath
06.21.2012 , 07:16 AM | #6
Kaosis snorted right back. Almost exactly like her daughter had.

"Combative now and sloppy. Not like your one to talk about clothing styles little miss berserker. Always thinking with your muscles instead of your head and acting before thinking. What did I do to get curse with a pair of children so contrary. One that never uses her head and the other uses her head to much! Charging into things like you always do is going to get you killed some day, just like your father."

Internally Kaosis bled a bit thinking of Lee. She did miss him, but the hurt left behind from losing him had been healed awhile ago by someone else.

Rio...

The ghost crossed her arms and fixed a stern eye on her daughter as she shoved that regret away. Kaosis knew very well that even as a force ghost she could be hurt, but she also knew Sharlina was unlikely to have any ability to do so. The girl preferred her sabers and her fists more then her mind.

((Posted by Setie))
My stories in order:

kalenath
06.21.2012 , 07:16 AM | #7
For just a moment Sharlina just sat. She hadn't thought of her birth father in a long time. Then she focused, deep within herself. She focused on the feelings she had around Setie, around Trugoy, around Idjit... She smiled, not coldly this time, but tenderly. And when she opened her eyes a wave of power came from her and slammed into Kaosis. It wouldn't destroy a Force spirit. It would hurt.

"You really don't know me. You never did." Now Sharlina's voice was sad, a hint of longing in it. A little girl pining for something she could never have. Then her voice hardened. "I have fought Force spirits before. Not that you would care."

Her voice held scorn now and betrayal. The betrayal of a daughter left to fend for herself and being punished for fending for herself. Her voice took on a cold, hard tone now.

"Now fade out, discorporate. Go away and leave me alone like you always did before. I am not your daughter. Istara Andal is dead!"
My stories in order:

kalenath
06.21.2012 , 07:17 AM | #8
"Ohh, that tickled." Kaosis said with a smile. She was lying through her teeth but right that minute they had bigger fish to fry.

"I never knew you because you refused to tell me anything about you Istara." Kaosis said sounding sad. "And of course I cared. Otherwise I would not have been fighting to keep you all those years."

Kaosis shuddered then. Remember the number of times she'd gotten disciplined for open defiance in front of the council. Oh they would never have killed her, her visions had always been amazingly accurate in matters not pertaining to herself. That was hard to find in seers.

Still there were things so much worse then death...

"Anyways, I am not going anywhere right now and I'm not here about you because I know very well you'd rather see me die in a fire. I'm here about Setie..."

Kaosis glared at Sharlina and smirked. "That is, surprisingly one thing we have in common. We both adore her. Right now though we have some...issues."

((Posted by Setie))
My stories in order:

kalenath
06.21.2012 , 07:20 AM | #9
"You lying witch. You are so full of bantha poodoo. You didn't fight. You let that piece of osik take me. You let him torture me. You let him..." She broke off, shaking her head hard. "You got ideas from him. I saw what you did to Setie. I saw it in the Force." She froze in shock.

"Wait... Were you going to do that to me? Did he learn that technique for 'disciplining recalcitrant students' from you?" Those had been his words... and she couldn't repress a shudder even now almost thirty years later.

Her voice was disbelieving. She hadn't connected those dots before, but it fit. The Sith who had taken her in and trained her from the time she had been five until he had died when she was twelve had been a sadist. She visibly calmed herself and when she spoke again, it was cold.

"Of course you cared. You cared when he tortured us. You cared when he... played with us. You... cared... when he killed us! One by one! Slowly!" Her words came out a scream. Then she calmed again, but her voice was thoughtful.

"Of course... It made us strong. The few of us who survived. The way of the Sith. The Strong take from the weak." She nodded. That made sense. But Kaosis's words about Setie made her snarl again.

"I don't want to see you die in a fire. I just want you gone. Haven't you done enough? Destroying me wasn't enough for you so you have to try again don't you? Make a better Sith, a more docile, controllable Sith. You witch... I know what I am, a bloodthirsty maniac. Yeah, I am. I have no words for what you are. Evil, heartless, ignorant? Setie is a better person than almost anyone I have ever met. But she wasn't good enough for you was she?"

Now she slumped, her hate for her mother consumed by her sadness.

"You did your best to break her. To mold her into a perfect Sith. I have news for you Kaosis. Setie isn't a Sith! She is better than any of us! I don't know what she is, she isn't a Sith. At least not a Sith like any I have known. And I have known some strange ones." Understatement of the century.

She quivered with barely controlled rage. Then she relaxed, forcing her body to release for its tensioned state.

"What you did to me was bad, and I paid you for it on Illum. What you did to her..." She shook her head. "She may be a bad Sith, but she is a good person! I won't let you hurt her again."

She cast about looking for the... She snarled as she saw the crystal lying on the floor of the escape pod. Setie had told her about the crystal and what had happened on Dantooine. Her mother's spirit resided in that crystal. All of Istara's rage distilled to that one point.

"Goodbye Kaosis." She drew her right hand sword and moved so she could get a good swing at the crystal without breaking anything else.
My stories in order:

kalenath
06.21.2012 , 07:20 AM | #10
Kaosis sat silent as Sharlina spewed forth at her.

Of course her daughter didn't know how much Kaosis fought. The elder Andal had never brought it up in the girl's presence. Sith, like jedi frowned on family attachments. Kaosis had come to them though with Istara, poor and desperate since Lee's family would not take them in. Kaosis had been desperate and had no one to turn two save the jedi, who everyone knew frowned on family attachments, and the sith, who few knew their feelings on family.

It tore her up that her daughter had to pay the price for her own stupid decision. Even dead as she was. She had been a fool and by the time she had realized it there had been no escape for either of them.

She had tried, tried to hold on and be strong for her little girl. Then Istara had started showing signs of being force sensitive and everything had fallen apart.

To be barred from your child, knowing they were in agony and pain. Knowing there was horrible things happening to them and having guards forced on you to keep you away on pain of death...

That was the definition of hell to any parent.

Even more when you saw your child again and there was nothing but hate where there had once been love and happiness...

It almost made Kaosis weep, but pride had her swallowing tears. She never cried in front of her children, either one. Always when she had been alone and lonely and wondering how she would make it all work. Pride had always been her biggest fault but even now it was all she had to fall back on.

So she let her daughter rant, rave, and all but spit in her face. Never uttering a word of the beatings and tortures she had endured for trying to save her little girl, only to fail completely in the end anyway. Never saying that with Istara it had been an act in hopes of reminding her that things were different now, and with Setie...

With Setie, Kaosis had been to far gone in the dark for to long to save her...

Another failing.

Then Sharlina turned to the gem. A gem that like it's twin had been a gift...

"What would Setie think of you now Istara?" She asked quietly as Sharlina swung.

((Posted by Setie))
My stories in order: