Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

~ TOR - More Fun than a Kick in the N####? Barely ! ~

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
~ TOR - More Fun than a Kick in the N####? Barely ! ~

davidentp
12.19.2011 , 06:52 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by aka_matrix_pwner View Post
Bioware, thank you for making some challenging instances and heroics. Thank you for overhearing cries about these bosses being too hard. Im not trying to imply that you should not make the game easier (sarcasm intended), but for once im so happy to actually have a challenge.

People complaining about this being too hard, go play elsewhere. Im happy to face some challenges. I've played healer and DPS before, but this time i took up the role as tank.
This is at some points insanely difficult, and i couldn't be happier about it. The fact that it really is a challenge makes the loot so much better.

I have been in instances with some, lets say, "less gifted individuals" but thats part of assembling a team, that there a chance you'll end up with a dps who thinks it's okay if he keeps attacking the boss while everyone else are trying to take down the adds.

Does the bosses last too long? well, i gues thats becaus they are BOSSES theyre supposed to be friggin hard. theyre supposed to deal tons of damage and have way too many hitpoints! i know the trend is that everything should be able to be killed with a single swing of a lightsaber, but wheres the challenge in that. I like the fact that sometimes i have to fight 20 weak mobs at a time, which is hard, and other times i have to kill one elite super mob.

Bring on the challenges! May the force be with you BioWare!
Swing and a miss.
Nerf the high ground, because there's no such thing as Hubris here. The Force shall free me.

bobhund
12.19.2011 , 07:06 AM | #22
Something being hard does not equal that it's too hard. I have done the same stuff, it was not easy but not too hard either.

jaggid
12.19.2011 , 07:09 AM | #23
You might want to check your teams gear or something, Athiss, Hammer, and even the Mandalorian raid are all very much completable. They are challenging at level and pretty breezy once you have outleveled them.

RawlsRorty
12.19.2011 , 07:17 AM | #24
To those complaining about the length of time it takes to kill elites and bosses in flash points: you need more DPS.

It's really that simple. I did Hammer Station twice yesterday and both times, the trash was trivial and went down quickly. The hardest part by far was the final boss. But that was more about learning to avoid damage, pickup adds, and interrupt his abilities.

It's not unsurprising that your dps is low. It's a new game. You need time to adjust to its mechanics. In time, experienced dps will release guides for everyone else and things will get much better.
Math is hard.

parnell
12.19.2011 , 07:21 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashorian View Post
unfortunately this is a case of pebcak. doing the quests at or slightly below level with appropriate members and number of members is not that difficult. did hammer station at level and wiped twice on the last boss healing on my dps specced operative.
Heroic? OP is talking about heroic difficulty, I think.
Tank Time!

Erevan_Kindelar
12.19.2011 , 07:23 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Verdan View Post
Spent about 4 hours last night on flashpoints, and another 5 today on Heroics.

Specifically, Hammer, Athiss, and Balmorra's Okara Droid Factory heroics.

Specifically, more wipes than there should be, levels over the quest level overall in group, and hours upon hours of seemingly working the rock pile in prison, just pounding OP mobs that stand there like rocks and take hit after hit after hit after hit... like hitting rocks all day.

This is nothing new from the roller coaster of mob difficulty adjustments in testing, and was supposed to have been remedied. We're now in the Live production, and we're still dealing with content that requires pounding on hallway trash that stands there for 15 minutes taking a beating, and we're supposed to be heros. 4 players vs a hallway mob or two or three.

This is not heroic gameplay, its mind-numbing grind.

Boooooo, Bioware. Boooooo. I'll never get those two days back, trying to shake off overt feelings of bad gaming...
Sorry Verdan, but from experience with the content you are having difficulty with, I can honestly say that while I have found a few issues with the difficulty progression within some of the instances (going from clearing groups without thinking to apparent difficulty with a single mob, just by turning a corner), I have found very few problems with the difficulty of the instances. If anything, I would like to see the difficulty increased slightly for the harder mobs, and substantially for the "trash mobs" between the bosses.
Caveat: I am not a power-leveling DPS/Threat-meter hard-core raider, I just want to have a sense of accomplishment at beating a particular instance.

I am not going to run the "L2P" line, because frankly that is not conducive to a discussion or debate about the instance difficulty. Without going through an autopsy of your instances by reviewing a fraps movie of it, I am hesitant to make any specific suggestions about what my groups are doing that yours are not, but my teams generally have specific ability rotations that build on each others' strengths, rather than each member mindlessly button bashing without regard to what other group members are doing. So when we take on a specific boss mob, we have a plan - we know our strengths and the mob's weaknesses and how we can use one to exploit the other. I am not saying they go down after 3 volleys, but they do go down more quickly than you seem to be suggesting.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

Aesirwan
12.29.2011 , 07:48 PM | #27
Just my 2 cents after doing the okara droid factory heroic chain with 3 other players (full group), 2 being 22 and other 2 16. i find that this chain at least should be fixed on some or all the points below:
- respawn rate is absurdely high for an area that (1) forces u to go back and forth between objectives and (2) has champion level mobs that take forever to kill
- one of the most dificult and longest heroics ive played so far and there is no story line whatsoever isnt this a story driven mmo? u just dont understand what u're doing and why u are doing it
- datacron is there for the picking but its easy for u to fall. Once u do, u are forced to navigate between tons of elite trash mobs. What is the group that has the patience to allow for all players to get the datacron acounting for errors? luckily mine was ...

U can of course bring down my comment all you want but the truth of the matter is: when I play my alt bounty hunter, i'll simply skip this quest line. That alone tells me that it should get adjusted somehow.

MagnumBM
12.29.2011 , 08:36 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Verdan View Post
Spent about 4 hours last night on flashpoints, and another 5 today on Heroics.

Specifically, Hammer, Athiss, and Balmorra's Okara Droid Factory heroics.

Specifically, more wipes than there should be, levels over the quest level overall in group, and hours upon hours of seemingly working the rock pile in prison, just pounding OP mobs that stand there like rocks and take hit after hit after hit after hit... like hitting rocks all day.

This is nothing new from the roller coaster of mob difficulty adjustments in testing, and was supposed to have been remedied. We're now in the Live production, and we're still dealing with content that requires pounding on hallway trash that stands there for 15 minutes taking a beating, and we're supposed to be heros. 4 players vs a hallway mob or two or three.

This is not heroic gameplay, its mind-numbing grind.

Boooooo, Bioware. Boooooo. I'll never get those two days back, trying to shake off overt feelings of bad gaming...
You are obviously doing it wrong since there are hundreds of thousand people doing this and succeding.
Karah Serrigan - Lvl 50 Sniper

Carl-Jans Änglar PvE guild on EU server Niman is recruiting good players for our hard/nightmare progress! PM me ingame for more info.

Elyons
12.29.2011 , 08:54 PM | #29
Agreed. Cademimu is the same way - first two thirds of the flashpoint is beyond easy. Then the Mobs and the boss become Super elites that take hours to destroy
Kaserai:Jedi Sentinel Mahddi:Smuggler Scoundrel
Begeran Colony

swpoop
12.29.2011 , 09:08 PM | #30
poor little feller.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ Θ