Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taral V Final Boss

Ckren
12.19.2011 , 10:35 PM | #11
During the fight a random player will be targeted with a "curse" that has to be cleansed. Basically the player has to type out or say in TS that they have been targeted. Healer cleanses, back to boss. Easy actually

ScylasQwynn
12.20.2011 , 08:02 AM | #12
Just did this boss for the first time today, have to say it was pretty difficult.

We interrupted each of his abilities, down the droids in a timely manner, but he would still enrage and essentially make it so our Commando couldn't keep up with the healing.

Is the enrage bugged, or is there something we're missing?

Negator
12.20.2011 , 09:32 AM | #13
Group has run this place a couple of times. The above posters are right, it's basically a dps race. At 75/50/25% he stops doing damage and summons the adds. From what we've seen, he always goes enrage (200% more dmg) at 50%. He stops damage each time he summons adds, so you need to just burst him down to the next add phase (25%) to taper off the damage.

We ran this again last night and decided at 50%, we just weren't going to kill the last add. We left it up and dps'd the boss. He didn't come out of his "no damage" mode until he was at 13%, never summoned the 25% wave, and died shortly thereafter. I know another poster said leaving the adds alive causes some other increased damage debuff, but we never noticed.

TL;DR: He is damageable during the add phase, so even if you kill all of the adds, switch at dps back to him early to assist transitioning to next 25% point faster (where he'll stop doing damage again to summon more adds).

Negator

Jitterbox
12.20.2011 , 12:22 PM | #14
He enraged at 30% everytime we killed him. Shortly after he reloaded and summoned droids. We CCed 2 droids and i made sure the other 2 was attacking me and then we just attacked the boss.
Sticky grenade works like a charm against those droids!

Capybaraman
12.20.2011 , 05:54 PM | #15
Best tactic I have found is to have a constant dps on the boss. Leaving the tank and other dps to deal with the droids. He does little to no damage during the droid phase.

DerMef
12.21.2011 , 08:17 AM | #16
We did the Flashpoint just now, breezed through everything, but had absolutely no chance at the final boss.
His fire grenade (or whatever that is he throws at a random player) does so much damage and our Sage couldn't dispel it.
We tried it multiple times but never got him down to more than 50%. Waaaay too difficult.

Maeh
12.21.2011 , 08:25 AM | #17
Fought him and failed a couple times.

The question i have is: The Command Panel, does that only disable the 2 turrets? we were using it right away then as often as it became useable again.

Is that normal? Or does it do something beyond disabling the 2 turrets.
I'm posting with no pants on.

I'm hardcore like that.

JLapp
12.21.2011 , 08:26 AM | #18
I was in a group that went through it last night. Couldn't down the last boss. Group was a level 35 tank with the rest of the group level 30 (one DPS was 29).

After the second wave of bots his fire-grenade thing was doing about 1/3 of someones HP per tick and I couldn't cleanse it fast enough.

I figured we just didn't have enough DPS in the group.

dazer
12.21.2011 , 08:35 AM | #19
Just finished this boss after multiple wipes, Like it has been said before it is a DPS race.

We tried killing the adds first etc but we ended up wiping so we had him nuked down asap, ignoring the adds. We did kill the 2 turrets at the back first aswell.

He does enrage fast so just nuke him!

Capybaraman
12.21.2011 , 09:28 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Maeh View Post
Fought him and failed a couple times.

The question i have is: The Command Panel, does that only disable the 2 turrets? we were using it right away then as often as it became useable again.

Is that normal? Or does it do something beyond disabling the 2 turrets.
Its a reward for completing a bonus quest and yeah it pretty much just knocks out the two turrets then is useless.