Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag, long loading time, and just performance issues..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Lag, long loading time, and just performance issues..
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MossaNova
06.20.2012 , 11:49 AM | #1
I would like to say that've been experiencing some issues, hindering me from having a pleasant gaming experience..

Let me update this thread with info as I find energy to write this..
  • Lag. I did put every graphics setting to low, and it still lagged significantly, to affect my experience
  • Loading time is soo long, I get thrown of Warzones. I am also tremendously bored, but what are you going to do?
  • When I die (which apparently is often), everything (my character, campanion, also player) appears to have a seizure and proceeds to float to some (preset?) location.

I have made sure that the following has been done on my machine:
  • Windows 7 64-bit is up to date
  • My ATI graphics driver is the latest.
  • My DirectX User Run-Time binaries are the latest (June)

My system information:
IS there anything I can do to make the thing below more comfortable for you?

This is the newest DxDiag. Notice that I have an Acer with two graphics units. An Intel one for low energy consumption, and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650. I made sure to run a DxDiag with the ATI graphics enabled.
Spoiler
Mossa Nova

Cerimon
06.20.2012 , 11:56 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings MossaNova,

Please see the following on how to get your Dxdiag file. With this we can spot hardware and driver issues and suggest action(s) for you to take.

Obtaining a DxDiag file:
  1. Press Windows Key + R
  2. Enter in the following window “DxDiag” and press ENTER or “OK”. Depending on the OS, you may have to confirm a popup window, to include WHQL signatures. It is safe to press YES/OK here.
  3. Now you have the “DirectX Diagnostic Tool” open
  4. Click on “Save All Information…” and save the file at any location convenient (default: Desktop)
    The saved file is now available under the location previously chosen.
Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

MossaNova
06.21.2012 , 02:59 AM | #3
Updated my information.
Mossa Nova

Cerimon
06.21.2012 , 03:24 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings MossaNova,

Please use Windows Update to install the latest service pack available and all other important and optional updates.

Check that your Graphics card has the most recent drivers installed.
For instructions on how to update your Graphics card drivers please see here.

You should make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. For further details please check here

Please perform these updates and report back if the issue persists.

MossaNova
06.21.2012 , 11:59 AM | #5
I have done so, and updated the thread. I am sad to report that no noticeable change.
Mossa Nova

Cerimon
06.22.2012 , 01:17 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings MossaNova,

Your Dxdiag file does not reflect the changes you have made. Could you please post your most recent Dxdiag. Thank you.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused

MossaNova
06.22.2012 , 03:44 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post

We apologize for any inconvenience caused
You are very kind!

I am sorry for not checking a DxDiag (I had an exam today, so my mind was not within my control, unfortunately). I've made sure to update it, and also I would like to thank you for the kind words. To be completely honest, this is causing a bit of a hassle for me.. I have just used too much money on an MMO that I am not able to play properly.

Although! I am sure we will be able to help each other out! If anything, you are very welcome to suggest specs for a new machine that I should use, or whatever.. Because apparently an ATI graphics and I7 2 core CPU is not "good enough"..
Mossa Nova

Cerimon
06.22.2012 , 03:54 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings MossaNova,

I am afraid your Dxdiag does not show that the latest Service Pack, graphics driver or Directx have been installed. Please see post number four of this thread for these steps. If you need help performing those steps I will be happy to assist you.

MossaNova
06.23.2012 , 12:29 PM | #9
I just pressed Windows update and it did not say I lacked any updates whatsoever. So I manually found and installed Service Pack 1 for the Windows 7 64-bit and ran a DxDiag. My Graphics driver update thing says that I have the newest driver available.

Trouble is, I am still loading so slowly, that I get kicked off PVP Warzones.. That's just.. not .

Please help me?
Mossa Nova