Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we, as a community, eliminate the "Grass" and "Snow" in Alderaan?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Can we, as a community, eliminate the "Grass" and "Snow" in Alderaan?

Bewoulff
06.20.2012 , 10:29 AM | #1
I'll admit, I don't pay attention to that. I don't care which side has grass or snow. In fact, both have snow and both have grass. I say we go off of the already established and universally understood "north, south, east, west" directions. I can't tell you how many games of Alderaan or Voidstar I've played where people say "right" when if their screen is oriented north they are in fact "left". Or people say grass and I have no idea what they are talking about. The minimap is always oriented north, so this makes it the most accurate way to call directions.

Coopiexxx
06.20.2012 , 10:36 AM | #2
It can't always be oriented "North". Both teams cannot possible have two opposing northern directions. The map can always face "up", which is different from North. Snow and Grass are easy landmarks for people that understand there is no North.

In fact due to this obvious attempt at trolling, I propose we start up a "Grass and Snow" campaign. In fact, we should rename "Civil War" to "Grass and Snow"

Time to get out of Mom's basement me thinks

EgonSpengler
06.20.2012 , 10:37 AM | #3
I agree, Also, if I see another player refer to a side as "Crash site", I might punch a kitten in the face.

Use east and west please. For the kittens.
Snowy
Penetration

kitsinni
06.20.2012 , 10:43 AM | #4
You say Grass or Snow you know EXACTLY where to go no matter what side you started from, you say East West that is going to change every match that you start on the other side. I would prefer knowing exactly where to go no matter where I start from and make it super easy.
Okin

Dmasterr
06.20.2012 , 10:43 AM | #5
Left /right ; Grass /snow. East /west . etc. Why does it matter? they are all valid directions.

Stop forcing your preference upon others. When u make your 8man team, u can call it whatever u like.

Bewoulff
06.20.2012 , 10:54 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dmasterr View Post
Left /right ; Grass /snow. East /west . etc. Why does it matter? they are all valid directions.

Stop forcing your preference upon others. When u make your 8man team, u can call it whatever u like.
NO, East or West DOES NOT change if you use your minimap. It is ALWAYS oriented north. No matter what direction you start from, it is always oreiented north. And it matters because Snow and grass need to be explained. West and East are already established and accurate. Unless public school failed you.

Bewoulff
06.20.2012 , 10:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by kitsinni View Post
You say Grass or Snow you know EXACTLY where to go no matter what side you started from, you say East West that is going to change every match that you start on the other side. I would prefer knowing exactly where to go no matter where I start from and make it super easy.
Nope, East and West are always constant when going off the minimap.

Aaroneus
06.20.2012 , 10:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bewoulff View Post
I'll admit, I don't pay attention to that. I don't care which side has grass or snow. In fact, both have snow and both have grass. I say we go off of the already established and universally understood "north, south, east, west" directions. I can't tell you how many games of Alderaan or Voidstar I've played where people say "right" when if their screen is oriented north they are in fact "left". Or people say grass and I have no idea what they are talking about. The minimap is always oriented north, so this makes it the most accurate way to call directions.
I don't know which civil war you've been playing, but east is nothing but snow. there is no grass at east. Here is a screenshot:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=swtor+...:12,s:18,i:166

There is a little bit of snow at west, but it is primarly surrounded by grass. Here is a screenshot:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=swtor+...r:3,s:18,i:139

West = grass, East = snow. I hope this clears up any confusion. I personally have no preference on what people say, as long as they say how many enemies are incoming.
Xterra - Sniper <Nothing-Personal>

LeggoMyMuoio
06.20.2012 , 11:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaroneus View Post
West = grass, East = snow. I hope this clears up any confusion. I personally have no preference on what people say, as long as they say how many enemies are incoming.
But why do we need to add the extra thought process, especially for newer players who don't know yet. If someone says "go west", I go west. If someone says "grass", I have make the connection that grass is west and I need to go west.
MacLaren's Pubs
Suit up!

cycao
06.20.2012 , 11:04 AM | #10
Honestly at this point how can anyone get confused on this map.