Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer Trouble

Rezac
06.20.2012 , 09:32 AM | #1
Hello, I now have 3 different servers that are being given free transfers to Drooga's Pleasure Barge. I have already moved my one server of 8 characters. Now what? my other 2 servers have to stay on servers with 19 people playing????

Please set up my characters on Zekkeg Beast and Hyperspace Canon to a different location server other than Drooga's Pleasure Barge.

Parali
06.20.2012 , 09:47 AM | #2
Greetings,

We do understand that many of our players are concerned about moving characters from multiple servers to one server. You might want to join the rest of the community as they discuss this here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=479594

Senior Community Coordinator Allison Berryman explained that during this free transfer phase players will need to choose which characters they wish to move to the destination server:

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
If more than 8 of your characters are eligible for transfer to the same server, you'll need to choose which 8 you'd like to transfer over. The maximum number of characters you can have on a server is 8, even if you are eligible for transfers.

We hope this sheds some light on the matter. More options may be open later, as mentioned in the Character Transfer FAQ:

Quote:
When are all servers going to be eligible for the Character Transfer Service?

The initial Character Transfer Service is focused on select servers, to help balance player population across the service. Servers that are not eligible for the initial Character Transfer Service generally have robust player populations. Allowing character transfer from those servers could result in a negative player experience.

Free character transfer between selected servers will remain available for as long as it is needed to help balance server populations. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.
We hope this sheds some light on the matter. We will be closing this thread now. Thank you!