Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Denova and other Operations Lag

sang
06.27.2012 , 09:45 AM | #21
Just as an update/bump to this thread, the lag last night in Denova on Prophecy of the Five was even worse than last week. Obviously it was to be expected more people would be online after the release of a major patch, but it seems like nothing has been done to remedy the situation as a whole. Regardless of what instance of the operation you are in, the lag exists and is a real hassle for guilds both on farm (such as mine) and those trying to down bosses for the first time. Can we please get a dev update/response to this situation? If raiders are forced to play through these conditions week after week, including when new content comes out, I can't imagine them sticking around for very long.
Twitch Stream YouTube VoDs

Sanglawl - Sangpt - Sangz - Sangmerc - Sanglul - Sangrawr - Sangocity

pure_laced
06.27.2012 , 09:55 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by sang View Post
Just as an update/bump to this thread, the lag last night in Denova on Prophecy of the Five was even worse than last week. Obviously it was to be expected more people would be online after the release of a major patch, but it seems like nothing has been done to remedy the situation as a whole. Regardless of what instance of the operation you are in, the lag exists and is a real hassle for guilds both on farm (such as mine) and those trying to down bosses for the first time. Can we please get a dev update/response to this situation? If raiders are forced to play through these conditions week after week, including when new content comes out, I can't imagine them sticking around for very long.
Didn't you hear? This is the new Nightmare mode version of EC. Instant 30% packet loss and random lag spikes throughout each encounter.

All kidding aside, yes the lag is bad and made fights like Vorgath and Kephess pretty difficult because it would seem to want to lag at critical times of Overload casting, or Gift/Breath. We had a no joke 3 second lag spike on Stormcaller, but it was right at the beginning so all was ok. You think 3 seconds isn't a long time, but just take a bit and count it out. It is a big deal.

We still cleared it all in one night, and would have had NP down as well but Mox just beat us to Voss.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

sang
06.27.2012 , 10:07 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
Didn't you hear? This is the new Nightmare mode version of EC. Instant 30% packet loss and random lag spikes throughout each encounter.

All kidding aside, yes the lag is bad and made fights like Vorgath and Kephess pretty difficult because it would seem to want to lag at critical times of Overload casting, or Gift/Breath. We had a no joke 3 second lag spike on Stormcaller, but it was right at the beginning so all was ok. You think 3 seconds isn't a long time, but just take a bit and count it out. It is a big deal.

We still cleared it all in one night, and would have had NP down as well but Mox just beat us to Voss.
Our lag seemed to always happen right as the shields came out of Stormcaller and Firebrand, such that we couldn't tell where they were spawning, and then they would suddenly appear. This caused at least 1 person to either die or a whole group to take significant damage. After wiping a few times, we just called it in frustration. We generally have a low tolerance to wiping due to lag on bosses we've been farming for months. Hopefully the lag is less than terrible tonight.
Twitch Stream YouTube VoDs

Sanglawl - Sangpt - Sangz - Sangmerc - Sanglul - Sangrawr - Sangocity

PunisherAS
06.27.2012 , 10:53 AM | #24
Our guild had this same problems.
Activating an Ability, GC activated, Ability Not Activated, Rinse Repeat hoping your ability gets casted.

We're a fully decked out guild with Campaign gear and we've been farming Denova for months now, and last night the lag was so bad we couldn't even get Zoth and Torn down due to the delays happening with the bosses..
Collectors Edition Owner
Fargos (Main Tank/Powertech) of
Aggressive Negotiations

Talorra
06.27.2012 , 11:33 AM | #25
We've seen some considerable lag during ops since moving to The Bastion. Luckily it has not stopped us from clearing, but it is frustrating, and spamming interrupts while that Overload cast keeps going is really fun

But yeah, everything reported above. 1 to 4 second lag spikes, GCDs triggered with no ability activation, Kephess ping pong, etc.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

Jazra
06.27.2012 , 12:09 PM | #26
Yes, I agree that the lag last night was much worse than last week. I say the lag was the worst on SC&FB. I couldn't see my castbar most of the fight which made me want to rage since I was healing on SC. It was very uncomfortable not knowing if my heal was going to go off before a soaker died.

Hopefully Bioware can work this out before I have to deal with that again.
Cali Killed Nox
World Progression Raiding

Thrills - Operative Healer
Website Stream

Norpsel
06.27.2012 , 04:40 PM | #27
This is the exact same issue we have been having, great population and now the game is broken for what we want the game for. 4-5 sec lag spikes in Operations is horrible. Thanks for breaking the part of the game I play and not having the foresight for this. I would recommend the OP idea, turn some of those dead servers into instance/operation servers.

This needs to be addressed quickly, it's bad enough we are stuck with HM EC that has been on farm for quite some time and to top it off BW has made the Ops unplayable.

pureeffinmetal
06.27.2012 , 04:51 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Norpsel View Post
This is the exact same issue we have been having, great population and now the game is broken for what we want the game for. 4-5 sec lag spikes in Operations is horrible. Thanks for breaking the part of the game I play and not having the foresight for this. I would recommend the OP idea, turn some of those dead servers into instance/operation servers.

This needs to be addressed quickly, it's bad enough we are stuck with HM EC that has been on farm for quite some time and to top it off BW has made the Ops unplayable.
Annoying? Yes.

Unplayable? Not even close.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

pure_laced
06.27.2012 , 04:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by pureeffinmetal View Post
Annoying? Yes.

Unplayable? Not even close.
Going to agree with the above. Yes, it is annoying. Unplayable, not by a long shot. I am West Coast playing on an East Coast server and I manage perfectly fine. There are lag spikes, it does suck, but you can still clear the content with a few annoyances.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

KBSIP
06.28.2012 , 10:19 AM | #30
I call it the fifth operation boss, server lag. he is present in all fights, and arbitrary for when he uses his instant kill "mega lag" attack.