Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

14 augments on your pve gear. Will this make content too easy?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
14 augments on your pve gear. Will this make content too easy?

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
06.19.2012 , 07:02 PM | #1
Since we are getting 14 augments on our pve gear, how will this affect our pve experience? Rakata without augments and rakata with 14 augments is a huge difference.

Zypyst's Avatar


Zypyst
06.19.2012 , 07:42 PM | #2
Considering I already have 10 pieces of gear augmented, I doubt an extra 4 will make that big of a difference. A lot of the content is very strat based and not too much can be mitigated by stats. You may eliminate gibs from being undergeared, and perhaps 2nd double destructions from occurring, but beyond that it's more about execution at this stage.

As a side note, better gear tends to make Zorn and Toth harder, go figure!

JamesMartinez's Avatar


JamesMartinez
06.19.2012 , 08:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Zypyst View Post
As a side note, better gear tends to make Zorn and Toth harder, go figure!
what do you mean? lol

Zypyst's Avatar


Zypyst
06.19.2012 , 08:48 PM | #4
I mean the fight is purely based around percentage timers. However, certain abilities that the bosses do are timed, so burning it to a certain percentage will trigger the start of one timer - but maintaining a high dps will only require you to wait until that timer has expired. For example you typically have to hold dps around 70% and 30% in order to prevent wipes. Higher dps will only make this wait longer and increase the chance of raiders spacing out and pushing before the timing requires, causing stupid wipes.

Iwipe's Avatar


Iwipe
06.19.2012 , 08:48 PM | #5
New content will be tuned with augment but yes current content will be easier.

Seront's Avatar


Seront
06.20.2012 , 08:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
New content will be tuned with augment but yes current content will be easier.
^^^ As always, dulfy speaks the truth. =)

They already said that new content will assume fully augmented gear is possible, and thus be tuned with that in mind.

eventidephoenix's Avatar


eventidephoenix
06.20.2012 , 10:00 AM | #7
just like how you cannot outheal stupidity,

you cannot outgear stupidity

Maestrodomus's Avatar


Maestrodomus
06.20.2012 , 10:53 AM | #8
Most high end players all ready have 9-10 aug slots so I don't think it will make a huge difference.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

TheRealCandyMan's Avatar


TheRealCandyMan
06.20.2012 , 11:01 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zypyst View Post
I mean the fight is purely based around percentage timers. However, certain abilities that the bosses do are timed, so burning it to a certain percentage will trigger the start of one timer - but maintaining a high dps will only require you to wait until that timer has expired. For example you typically have to hold dps around 70% and 30% in order to prevent wipes. Higher dps will only make this wait longer and increase the chance of raiders spacing out and pushing before the timing requires, causing stupid wipes.
This. DPS too fast and the tanks might not be topped off before the jump happens.

Shinaa's Avatar


Shinaa
06.21.2012 , 04:59 AM | #10
It's even worse, sometimes they would bug horribly, not jumping at all etc.
We have to be extremly carefull with Toth and Zorn every week, it's the only boss that wipes us anymore, it's just bad design.