Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dual specs. What happened to them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Dual specs. What happened to them?

Terifh
06.19.2012 , 03:55 PM | #1
A dungeon finder without dual specs is ridiculous.

You are encouraging people to do PvE and yet those who also want to PvP are going to be penalyzed?

It is easy to know through the official notes that one of your main goals is diversity. But forcing someone to spend thousands of credits every day/week ONLY to be able to play two different styles is not how you do it.

For the trolls (will save you the time of posting):
"herp derp ima dps and i do all with one spec cuz there are no dmg meters in flashpoints. so i dont want dual specs!!11!!"

Aalodar
06.19.2012 , 04:25 PM | #2
1.4 it is coming

MaverickXIV
06.19.2012 , 04:33 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Terifh View Post
A dungeon finder without dual specs is ridiculous.

You are encouraging people to do PvE and yet those who also want to PvP are going to be penalyzed?

It is easy to know through the official notes that one of your main goals is diversity. But forcing someone to spend thousands of credits every day/week ONLY to be able to play two different styles is not how you do it.

For the trolls (will save you the time of posting):
"herp derp ima dps and i do all with one spec cuz there are no dmg meters in flashpoints. so i dont want dual specs!!11!!"
BioWare's magical software developing faerie accidentally escaped from its cage, and they're still looking for it somewhere within the BioWare Austin building. For now, we'll just have to settle with standard, mortal development speeds, sadly.

Andarilhodoceu
06.19.2012 , 04:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MaverickXIV View Post
BioWare's magical software developing faerie accidentally escaped from its cage, and they're still looking for it somewhere within the BioWare Austin building. For now, we'll just have to settle with standard, mortal development speeds, sadly.
Ok, since it's so hard to develop dual-spec, give the playerbase free field respec at free cost.

AFTER they have implemented dual-spec, they can resume charging credits for the service.
"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for his lifetime."

RAVM
06.19.2012 , 04:48 PM | #5
What exactly is the problem the way it is? You don't want to be a healer or tank in a warzone or something?

MaverickXIV
06.19.2012 , 05:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Andarilhodoceu View Post
Ok, since it's so hard to develop dual-spec, give the playerbase free field respec at free cost.

AFTER they have implemented dual-spec, they can resume charging credits for the service.
It's not that it's hard, it's that there's just more things before it in line. First they had to finish the content they were already in the process of making as the game launched. Then they most likely had to switch gears and put more of an emphasis on server transfers and a group finder. Now they need to do the same with dual specs. All the while keeping a decent amount of people on developing new content.

I agree with the free field resepc, though even that isn't as black and white of a bandaid as you might think. After they implement dual spec, surely they would have to remove the free respec (having both would make the concept of a spec meaningless), but they'll certainly anger many players by removing it at that point.

kithsyn
06.19.2012 , 05:08 PM | #7
We've been told it is definitely in the works...

However, other things are more important:

Rated Wzs
Group Finder
Server Transfers

kithsyn
06.19.2012 , 05:11 PM | #8
And by the way,it's not "ridiculous"...you have to make a choice of what role you want to play.

It's a privilege, not a right. My opinion...

SpazCats
06.19.2012 , 05:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kithsyn View Post
We've been told it is definitely in the works...

However, other things are more important:

Rated Wzs
Group Finder
Server Transfers
Level of importance is in the eye of the beholder.

That, and there's always something more important than the current topic at hand it seems. It's not a reason not to discuss it and ask for it.

As Andarilhodoceu said, just eliminate the respec cost for now until dual speccing is put in place in 1.4 (or whenever that may be).

SpazCats
06.19.2012 , 05:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RAVM View Post
What exactly is the problem the way it is? You don't want to be a healer or tank in a warzone or something?
I want to be DPS when my group needs that, or I want to be a healer if my group needs that. I am in a VERY small guild of friends and family, so it is important that we're flexible in what each of us can bring to a group, depending on what is needed at the time.