Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ok, Bioware. Now what? Are you really forcing me to delete 9 chars?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ok, Bioware. Now what? Are you really forcing me to delete 9 chars?

ClavisN
06.19.2012 , 02:56 PM | #1
Ok, Bioware. Now what?

Are you really forcing me to delete 9 chars?
I have 8 on Peragus, another 8 on Bacca's Blade, and one more on Sithari.

They all are on the list for free transfer to Nightmare Lands.
So - what am I supposed to do? Delete them? Stop playing?

Both Peragus and Bacca's were a little thin but not dramatically in trouble. By introducing free transfers, though, you have basically pulled the plug on both my srvers.

So, now, I think I'm due a solution.
I'm listening.

MrSchmo
06.19.2012 , 02:57 PM | #2
Do you really play 17 characters at once?

Pick your favorite 8 and move along.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

Jonoku
06.19.2012 , 02:59 PM | #3
Do you play that many toons? That's crazy dude slow down. I have 3 toons I play alot and thats it.

TUXs
06.19.2012 , 02:59 PM | #4
They aren't asking you to delete any. Transfers are voluntary, not mandatory.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Galbatorrix
06.19.2012 , 03:00 PM | #5
Pick 4 republic characters and 4 imps (mirrors) and move them to the new server. You'll end up playing every story and every ac that way.

Kaisernick
06.19.2012 , 03:00 PM | #6
for the 50,000 time pick 8 and transfer them, wait till payed transfers to move the other 8 to anouther server.

Urael
06.19.2012 , 03:02 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSchmo View Post
Do you really play 17 characters at once?

Pick your favorite 8 and move along.
Answers like this are not helpful. If you don't play alts, and or are not an Altoholic you will never understand. But your answer is just rude and heartless.

TUXs
06.19.2012 , 03:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Answers like this are not helpful. If you don't play alts, and or are not an Altoholic you will never understand. But your answer is just rude and heartless.
Brash maybe...but certainly not heartless mate.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

ClavisN
06.19.2012 , 03:10 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Thanks for the support.

As for the "wait for paid transfer" suggestion - i would be STILL one char short (actually 3), since there is only one other PVE server left in Europe - Red Eclipse.

Razdek
06.19.2012 , 03:10 PM | #10
I disagree with everyone saying he should delete his toons... If he Played them he is entitled to keep them. If they are transfering toons due to dead servers (biowares fault) then the op is entitled to transfer all his toons. The op is just unlucky that all his toons were being transfered to a single server. This just goes to show that we dont have enough character slots in a game designed to play alts.... I say close down all dead servers... Free transfers to whatever server we like that is left open and more character slots. That is how it should have been from the beginning but bioware are too lazy to do it that way because it means more effort for them.

The op didnt put himself in this position... Bioware did... So he is entitled to a solution.