Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP post server transfers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP post server transfers

06.19.2012 , 06:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kill_Rain View Post
Anyone else think that the server transfers destroyed pvp WZs? I play imperial on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and its gotten so bad that i won't even pvp anymore. Am i alone or has anyone else seen this?
Thank you . Please don't do it.
I play empire exactly in the same server . and i am winning 95% of my matches . If someone wasn't expecting that with a bigger population will be easier to find scrubs in a wz then he wasn't thinking properly, there were servers with queues of hrs now the queues are 30 secs.

Get a premade going or make the diffence for your team. .
And it goes for both sides i see a lot of ppl not properly geared for pvp in the pub side too.

06.19.2012 , 06:24 PM | #22
With the server population at their current size (300 on either Fleet) it's virtually impossible for any particular person to have such a bad luck that you lose solely due to bad luck.

In my old server this was possible because we're pretty sure there are exactly 8 Republics left (who are all very good), while Empire may have 20 guys and 5 of them are newbies. If we get any newbs against the 8 Republics we probably lose, so you can certainly go on a losing streak if you happen to get those newbies a lot.

But with the population at their current numbers it is simply not possible to have a setup like this. It's probably something like 50 good players, 150 average players, and 100 newbies out of your side's 300. Most of your game is going to have 2-3 newbies but so will the other side. Yes sometimes you have more newbies than they do, but sometimes you'll have less newbies than the other side too.

06.19.2012 , 06:25 PM | #23
With more people your bound to get more good and more bad players. Nobody ever remembers the good players, but the bad ones are like when your wife farts in the bedroom, kind of ruins the good parts.

What I do like is:
-- Pvp anytime I want it, good or bad
-- Some matches I have had going down to the wire
-- Some pug matches that felt like premades
-- People I have never fought before that make me realize I got a long way to go to be that good.

All in all I would say no, transfers were a net gain for pvp. Now they just need to blow up ill.

06.19.2012 , 06:34 PM | #24
Even playing with 7 fresh 50s in Hoth quest greens is more fun than standing on the fleet knowing that even if everyone on the fleet Q'd at once, we still wouldnt have enough to make a team of 8.

06.19.2012 , 06:42 PM | #25
Red eclipse, i dont know about empire, but all i am seeing from reps are premades after premades after premades they effortleslly win games while empire pug is in a world of trouble.

06.19.2012 , 06:57 PM | #26
Premade is a big plus. I can't stand solo Queueing. When I premade I win 80 pct of time. 10 pct of those losses are bad pugs. About 10 pct is outplayed or good imps. If u are having trouble make a group and try to take some of the randomness away. Not guaranteed a win or fun but better chances.

I've been trying to encourage more pubs to premade. It is awesome to get another one with ours. Been hitting general chat a lot lately trying to put the word out.

The pvp is a lot of what u make of it. If u expect to hit 1 Q button and win and have fun u are in for disappointment.

06.19.2012 , 07:30 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Pekish View Post
true is that people that didnt have chanse to pvp in the old empty server now start to queue

a) now they can jsut long in 1 hour queue and play a couple of match maybe more before it was impossible

b) u end up fighting different people everytime and not always the same premade so people that before was annoyed of fighting vs always the same premade now get a chance to play

i see a lot of new people in PVP not only new because i am in a new server Bergen Colony but even people with valor between 20-50

Lot of people is "trying" pvp now because it's possible to quickly get a match and hope with a little bit of luck to avoid the 2 or 3 permade
Add to this the fact that now there are premade both side so u can be a noob pug but end up in a 4 premade group (where before perhaps was very rare)

and you understand is not the other server that is noob maybe is people from your own server that didnt bother to pvp before and started now because he has the chanse

the crosserver should be divided by valor or "rank" if it will ever start because crosserver will pop ALL the time and noobs should play with noobs till they get better
Everybody appreciates that dead servers made doing anything impossible. For transferees its terrific. The original pop already had a good thing going. Now whether its pvp or pve the groups are sucking. Yes there could be noobs from the original pop but the bad groups began happening right after transfers. whats done is done but from our point of view the game isnt as fun.

06.19.2012 , 07:44 PM | #28
Well I totally agree with the OP. PvP now sucks on C. Run. We were one of the better servers as far as pop and those who pvp'ed earned their badges as good/great pvp'ers due to the 6 month history of that server. We learned against some great imp. pvp'ers and we learned together, and geared up together.

Now we have diluted that core grp with so many people that are way, way under geared, who dont have lvl 75 + valor (meaning little time in the 'ring') and who havent grasped the basic strategies that our original server pvp'ers learned way back when thru countless beatings.

Yes, the server merges were necessary-and I also will say its not the fault of those transfers-I totally understand the lack of a pop. had most everything to do with the given situation but regardless of what caused it-it IS evident in a very obvious way. I dont really care about wins or losses, but seeing the absolute basic mistakes being made over and over blows. Yeah you can scream make a pre-made and you'd be right, it is now a must in order for me to continue pvp'ing but frankly pre-mades are practically a given to win and thats not a fair fight imo when one side can communicate 10x easier than the other which after a while grows extremely old knowing you can whipe the floor against 90% of the teams faced.

Say what you want-but I know for a fact I am not alone in this train of thought on Corellian Run. Frankly, Im not in the mood to go thru what we went thru in the first months of the game and thats exactly what it is - 5 steps backwards.

06.19.2012 , 07:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by unixbomber View Post
Near instant warzone pops both day and night and the black hole is full of pvp.
Awesome sauce.
I can confirm this on Canderous Ordo and The Ebon Hawk
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.
Referral Code
The Benefits of Referrals

06.19.2012 , 07:57 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Razot View Post
On my new server it would be a great time to be a healer because nobody will ever try to kill you....EVER!
It's funny you mention this because every time I look at my teammates they completely disregard the best possible kill targets such as healers, commandos, and other DPS and go straight for the tank classes. Don't ask me why but it happens every game I'm in.