Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP post server transfers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP post server transfers

Kumakichi
06.19.2012 , 05:15 PM | #11
Pre-transfers pvp was very fun on our server. Post-transfer pvp is really bad. Its like WZs got put into the wayback machine to 5 months ago. Its easy to spot transferees.

Kuvox
06.19.2012 , 05:33 PM | #12
What exactly do you mean by "destroyed PVP WZs"?

Two of my toons are on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and the server is indeed overrun with bad players. The team that wins is generally the one that has the least Rakata/Columi-geared people and the most PVP-geared people (you have no idea how much PVE gear I've seen in matches on DPB). That said, there are some really good players on DPB, they are just spread thin and/or get their daily wins and stop.

But like someone posted above, what should we expect from a PVE server? My primary PVP toon is on one of the main PVP servers and PUGs there are, in general, better than the average PUG on DPB (and that's not saying much). However, some of the premades on DPB would, I'm convinced, be highly competitive on PVP servers.

I also think DPB server is fairly balanced. Only Bioware knows the real win/loss ratio there but after playing both factions a great deal it seems about 50/50 to me. My guild, which has members on both sides, says the same.

UGLYMRJ
06.19.2012 , 05:36 PM | #13
I agree.... higher populations on a MASSIVE MULTI-PLAYER ONLINE is a horrible idea. Totally ruined everything...

WickedImage
06.19.2012 , 05:49 PM | #14
LOL. What a joke......
You seriously think that PvP'rs from destination servers are better than the ones from origin servers? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAAHHAHAHAH!

It's all the same, just more of it at once. Get over yourselves, you sound stupid saying you're better because you were there first.
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%

Astarica
06.19.2012 , 06:06 PM | #15
Prior to the server transfers a lot of server basically have about 20 guys left still PvPing. You pretty much know exactly every one of them and every one of them are awesome players because a lesser player would've already given up.

That kind of gameplay is at a very high level but it's also really boring because good teams simply don't screw up. There are a lot of games where it feels like I'm just going through the motions, i.e. I attack the enemy's best healer. I know I will neutralize most of his healing but I can't come close to killing him. He's going to try to kite me but fail to do so but he still got to do it (because it's better than standing still). I'm often tempted to just ask the guy 'how about we just pretended we really fought each other so we can go back to actually doing something besides me chasing you for the next 10 minutes?'

Now after the transfers there's an active population so all the regular players return so of course you don't have games where both sides effectively make no mistake. It's frustrating when your side loses a game that you should win, but the reverse is just as likely to occur too. Personally, I prefer having some variance over 'first team that caps the first turret wins in Alderaan" which is pretty much how the last 100 games on Alderaan went on my old server.

Pekish
06.19.2012 , 06:08 PM | #16
true is that people that didnt have chanse to pvp in the old empty server now start to queue

because
a) now they can jsut long in 1 hour queue and play a couple of match maybe more before it was impossible

b) u end up fighting different people everytime and not always the same premade so people that before was annoyed of fighting vs always the same premade now get a chance to play

i see a lot of new people in PVP not only new because i am in a new server Bergen Colony but even people with valor between 20-50

Lot of people is "trying" pvp now because it's possible to quickly get a match and hope with a little bit of luck to avoid the 2 or 3 permade
Add to this the fact that now there are premade both side so u can be a noob pug but end up in a 4 premade group (where before perhaps was very rare)

and you understand is not the other server that is noob maybe is people from your own server that didnt bother to pvp before and started now because he has the chanse

the crosserver should be divided by valor or "rank" if it will ever start because crosserver will pop ALL the time and noobs should play with noobs till they get better

DarthOvertone
06.19.2012 , 06:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Wheelerific View Post
You were expecting what from a PVE server?
I think this peep nailed it.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

JayPres
06.19.2012 , 06:17 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kill_Rain View Post
Anyone else think that the server transfers destroyed pvp WZs? I play imperial on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and its gotten so bad that i won't even pvp anymore. Am i alone or has anyone else seen this?

How is it bad?

Your statement is so vague. I personally like actually having people to pvp with/against.
All in good fun

Pizzel
06.19.2012 , 06:21 PM | #19
I'm on Droogas. Came from Xedrix. I work off hours so I wind up PVPing a lot. I'll definetly say that there are A LOT of bad Pugs. Either due to gear or just lack of experience. We always run with a premade and if we go against another it usually comes down to has the worse pugs. It is quite painful. I would rather lose more and play with 8 mans than to get queued with some of these sages in tank gear or all the 0 expertise folks.

I think a lot of it is that most of the servers that were merged to Droogas had almost no pvp. So people just don't have the experience or gear.

Heleinne
06.19.2012 , 06:21 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kill_Rain View Post
Anyone else think that the server transfers destroyed pvp WZs? I play imperial on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and its gotten so bad that i won't even pvp anymore. Am i alone or has anyone else seen this?

You are alone.

Have a nice day