PVP post server transfers

Kill_Rain

Different servers have different faction domination,deal with it.

On the Progenitor some of the new imps are awful,so we make premades to avoid playing with them as much as possible,most of us already know who they are.I do like the new republic though,much better competition then my old server,although there is only one premade that really makes the game fun to play vs and thats Aesir(sp?) always fun playing them.

As an Ebon Hawker since beta, there are plenty more matches to be had, but it seems like the refugees have a much worse skilled/unskilled ratio than the natives did before. There are certainly some decent ones, but many more who don't understand gear, alertness, strategy, coordination, etc.

In any given match now, there are at least 6 "inexperienced" players between the two teams. Interestingly, there also seem to be a lot more jerks who play closer to "griefing" than "sporting".

blah blah it's an RP server, whatever. For the ignorant, we have (well, had) a solid base of skilled players in both PVE and PVP.

TBH, I think part of it comes from not knowing the people you've grown accustomed to. If I happen to queue with a bunch of people from Adraas, we have a much better time of it than if I happen to be in a group of people I don't know.

I don't know their tendencies, what they are good/bad at, and that brings the skill level down for the entire team, myself included.

Give it a few weeks, a month perhaps and there will be much better cohesion for the pugs.

As an Ebon Hawker since beta, there are plenty more matches to be had, but it seems like the refugees have a much worse skilled/unskilled ratio than the natives did before. There are certainly some decent ones, but many more who don't understand gear, alertness, strategy, coordination, etc.

In any given match now, there are at least 6 "inexperienced" players between the two teams. Interestingly, there also seem to be a lot more jerks who play closer to "griefing" than "sporting".

blah blah it's an RP server, whatever. For the ignorant, we have (well, had) a solid base of skilled players in both PVE and PVP.

The broader the population playing regularly the broader the skill distribution of those players. People are simply used to the hardcore quer's who were on the dedicated to PvP skill level who were the rpedominant remaining WZ quers pre merge. It was fully expected the level of overall competition would decline in WZ's as a result of consolidating playerbases.

Honestly I hated playing at a high level of PvP because that means playing with the exact same 7 guys against the exact same 8 guys since those are all the guys who haven't quit yet. It sounds cool when you fight someone so foten that you know their strat better than they know it themselves, and the first time you called out an inc on guys you cannot even see because you knew that's what they'll do is pretty cool, but after the 50th time you realize every game actually plays out exactly the same because it's always the same 15 other guys.

Of course on the new server I move to the general level is lower. Both side actually lose games that they should never have lost if both teams are playing at a high level, but that's actually pretty fun compared to just giving up after first 30 seconds in Alderaan because you've seen the identical scenario played out 50 times with the same result against the same guys.

People clamor 'skill' gameplay or whatever but it's actually one of the most boring things in the game. Good teams don't mess up. If they have a lead they keep it 99.9% of the time, and it sucks even when you're the team that's winning though it's considerably worse on the receiving end. Chasing the exact same healer for 10 minutes every single game is not fun.

What exactly do you mean by "destroyed PVP WZs"?

Two of my toons are on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and the server is indeed overrun with bad players. The team that wins is generally the one that has the least Rakata/Columi-geared people and the most PVP-geared people (you have no idea how much PVE gear I've seen in matches on DPB). That said, there are some really good players on DPB, they are just spread thin and/or get their daily wins and stop.

But like someone posted above, what should we expect from a PVE server? My primary PVP toon is on one of the main PVP servers and PUGs there are, in general, better than the average PUG on DPB (and that's not saying much). However, some of the premades on DPB would, I'm convinced, be highly competitive on PVP servers.

I also think DPB server is fairly balanced. Only Bioware knows the real win/loss ratio there but after playing both factions a great deal it seems about 50/50 to me. My guild, which has members on both sides, says the same.

LOL. What a joke......

You seriously think that PvP'rs from destination servers are better than the ones from origin servers? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAH!

It's all the same, just more of it at once. Get over yourselves, you sound stupid saying you're better because you were there first. :rolleyes:

Prior to the server transfers a lot of server basically have about 20 guys left still PvPing. You pretty much know exactly every one of them and every one of them are awesome players because a lesser player would've already given up.

That kind of gameplay is at a very high level but it's also really boring because good teams simply don't screw up. There are a lot of games where it feels like I'm just going through the motions, i.e. I attack the enemy's best healer. I know I will neutralize most of his healing but I can't come close to killing him. He's going to try to kite me but fail to do so but he still got to do it (because it's better than standing still). I'm often tempted to just ask the guy 'how about we just pretended we really fought each other so we can go back to actually doing something besides me chasing you for the next 10 minutes?'

Now after the transfers there's an active population so all the regular players return so of course you don't have games where both sides effectively make no mistake. It's frustrating when your side loses a game that you should win, but the reverse is just as likely to occur too. Personally, I prefer having some variance over 'first team that caps the first turret wins in Alderaan" which is pretty much how the last 100 games on Alderaan went on my old server.

true is that people that didnt have chanse to pvp in the old empty server now start to queue

because

a) now they can jsut long in 1 hour queue and play a couple of match maybe more before it was impossible

b) u end up fighting different people everytime and not always the same premade so people that before was annoyed of fighting vs always the same premade now get a chance to play

i see a lot of new people in PVP not only new because i am in a new server Bergen Colony but even people with valor between 20-50

Lot of people is "trying" pvp now because it's possible to quickly get a match and hope with a little bit of luck to avoid the 2 or 3 permade

Add to this the fact that now there are premade both side so u can be a noob pug but end up in a 4 premade group (where before perhaps was very rare)

and you understand is not the other server that is noob maybe is people from your own server that didnt bother to pvp before and started now because he has the chanse

the crosserver should be divided by valor or "rank" if it will ever start because crosserver will pop ALL the time and noobs should play with noobs till they get better

Edited by Pekish

Anyone else think that the server transfers destroyed pvp WZs? I play imperial on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and its gotten so bad that i won't even pvp anymore. Am i alone or has anyone else seen this?

How is it bad?

Your statement is so vague. I personally like actually having people to pvp with/against.

I'm on Droogas. Came from Xedrix. I work off hours so I wind up PVPing a lot. I'll definetly say that there are A LOT of bad Pugs. Either due to gear or just lack of experience. We always run with a premade and if we go against another it usually comes down to has the worse pugs. It is quite painful. I would rather lose more and play with 8 mans than to get queued with some of these sages in tank gear or all the 0 expertise folks.

I think a lot of it is that most of the servers that were merged to Droogas had almost no pvp. So people just don't have the experience or gear.

Anyone else think that the server transfers destroyed pvp WZs? I play imperial on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and its gotten so bad that i won't even pvp anymore. Am i alone or has anyone else seen this?

You are alone.

Have a nice day :p

Thank you . Please don't do it.

I play empire exactly in the same server . and i am winning 95% of my matches . If someone wasn't expecting that with a bigger population will be easier to find scrubs in a wz then he wasn't thinking properly, there were servers with queues of hrs now the queues are 30 secs.

Get a premade going or make the diffence for your team. .

And it goes for both sides i see a lot of ppl not properly geared for pvp in the pub side too.

With the server population at their current size (300 on either Fleet) it's virtually impossible for any particular person to have such a bad luck that you lose solely due to bad luck.

In my old server this was possible because we're pretty sure there are exactly 8 Republics left (who are all very good), while Empire may have 20 guys and 5 of them are newbies. If we get any newbs against the 8 Republics we probably lose, so you can certainly go on a losing streak if you happen to get those newbies a lot.

But with the population at their current numbers it is simply not possible to have a setup like this. It's probably something like 50 good players, 150 average players, and 100 newbies out of your side's 300. Most of your game is going to have 2-3 newbies but so will the other side. Yes sometimes you have more newbies than they do, but sometimes you'll have less newbies than the other side too.

With more people your bound to get more good and more bad players. Nobody ever remembers the good players, but the bad ones are like when your wife farts in the bedroom, kind of ruins the good parts.

What I do like is:

-- Pvp anytime I want it, good or bad

-- Some matches I have had going down to the wire

-- Some pug matches that felt like premades

-- People I have never fought before that make me realize I got a long way to go to be that good.

All in all I would say no, transfers were a net gain for pvp. Now they just need to blow up ill.