Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wait time: Server change sent wait time from 0 min to 20 min.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Wait time: Server change sent wait time from 0 min to 20 min.

TheNaill
06.19.2012 , 01:34 PM | #1
, ok, Why didn't someone at least look at the possible number of transfers before moving toons from multiple servers to 1. I get that you needed to Shut down low population servers (Wall of Light). But when I have to wait 20 minutes last night (The Harbinger) with a queue of 50 people so that I could get into a raid with my guild, it gets a bit rediculous. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to program code that could calculate potential moves by client accounts and recognize that this was going to happen.

I want to play the game, not sit in queus. Last night rather than sit in a stupid queue for 20 minutes, with the other 50 pissed off people, I Played WoW, so I could play the toon that I'd spent Days and months developing rather than start a new toon on a different server.

If your goal is to drive us back to WoW, you're off to a great start!

It didn't take Rift long to figure that server balance was necessary. They at least opened with open, free transferes to servers of choice and then let the game balance its self. Now I have 8 toons on a server that I can't play, rather than being able to move them to a medium population server that needs people.

Himeji_Endless
06.19.2012 , 01:49 PM | #2
Its because BW doesn't know what they're doing and can't look 2 steps ahead of themselves. They are really good at screwing things up ... A+ for that. Its just part of their plan to keep you subbed longer to take your $$$ ... keep you waiting to log in, keep you waiting for mobs bc of the overpopulated server, keep you waiting longer to finish quests, keep you waiting longer to even move or load at the fleet ... see the conspiracy?

Noviru
06.19.2012 , 02:18 PM | #3
Hey everyone,

We ask that threads made in the Customer Service forum be restricted to those seeking assistance either with their accounts or getting into the game. For better understanding of what should be posted in the Customer Service forum, please be sure to read the FAQ stickied to this forum.

As it was first announced in our Community News update "Character Transfer, Server Population, and You", and further explained in our "Character Transfer Service FAQ", by currently only allowing players to transfer characters to and from specified servers as part of a free service, we hope to ensure balanced server populations across the game. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

If you would like to discuss the recent character transfer service, feel free to use one of the following threads, since we will be closing this one: Thank you!