Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Team Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Team Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
06.19.2012 , 12:52 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Principal Lead PvP Designer, Gabe Amatangelo gives us details about Ranked Warzones now available to try out on the Public Test Server:

Quote:
Hi, Iím Gabe Amatangelo, Principal Lead PvP Designer, and Iím excited to tell you guys that Pre-Season One of Team Ranked Warzones is back on the Public Test Server! In the current Game Update 1.3 PTS build, youíll find a new button in the Warzone queue window: Queue Team Ranked. This button is available to any player that is in a group of eight level 50 players, and allows that group to queue up for Team Ranked Warzones with a single click. Team Ranked Warzones can only be participated in by a full team of eight players. If any player drops out of the queue before a match is made, the team will need to find a replacement and re-queue.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Pistols
06.19.2012 , 01:00 PM | #2
Please fix the PvP raid frame before 1.3 goes live.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=447245

I think the PvP community should at the very least, be given some feedback on this issue, as there are no Dev posts commenting on the fact specifically. I'm glad many fixes/upgrades are coming with 1.3, but it is extremely important to see every member in a WZ setting.

Any comments?

YanksfanJP
06.19.2012 , 01:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Please fix the PvP raid frame before 1.3 goes live.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=447245
Completely necessary. There's no reason one team should be victorious solely because the other team's healers couldn't target one of its members in the raid frames.
I'm not arrogant. I'm just aware of my greatness.

pogmahone
06.19.2012 , 01:04 PM | #4
Are you gonna pull it out right before 1.3 releases?

GamewizX
06.19.2012 , 01:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by pogmahone View Post
Are you gonna pull it out right before 1.3 releases?
They've been working on it since pre-1.2. I highly doubt that it won't make it into 1.3.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

BenjaminminU
06.19.2012 , 01:11 PM | #6
Will we be able to queue up for normal warzones, such as level 10-49 warzones, as a group of 8? I would very much like to queue with 7 other guildies and have some fun playing together.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Postalz
06.19.2012 , 01:11 PM | #7
Quote:
Additionally, we do intend to have a Solo Queue Ranked Warzone option in the future.
Awesome! Looking forward to 1.3 and even more so to solo q's

Now I really need to get my sniper to 50

EDIT: I'd like to add that holding back on solo q's makes sense now. This way we will be grouped with players of similar rating after pre season. Kinda like how you need to do 50 practice matches for StarCraft before doing ranked ones. Would make even more sense to have in game voice chat for the randomly grouped ranked wzs.

Coldin
06.19.2012 , 01:12 PM | #8
This part worries me a little.

Quote:
We will not be pushing Team Ranked Warzones to the live game until we have significant PTS testing of the feature. Fortunately, those of you on the Public Test Server can now queue up for Team Ranked Warzones and test this feature out now. Be sure to submit any feedback to our PTS forum here.
Look, I can understand the reasoning behind this. But isn't that the whole point of a pre-season? To work out the bugs?

Just put the thing live, so then it can get tons of attention from the playerbase, and work things out then.

It's going to be very difficult to get any significant amount of testing done with Ranked Warzones if it requires multiple 8-man groups all queuing together to try it out.

Portalus
06.19.2012 , 01:14 PM | #9
If you wanted us on the testing on the test server, why were the titles for testing pulled effective June 16th?

Redundant
06.19.2012 , 01:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
This part worries me a little.

Look, I can understand the reasoning behind this. But isn't that the whole point of a pre-season? To work out the bugs?

Just put the thing live, so then it can get tons of attention from the playerbase, and work things out then.

It's going to be very difficult to get any significant amount of testing done with Ranked Warzones if it requires multiple 8-man groups all queuing together to try it out.
No the point of pre-season is to get people a rank and place them with people of equal skill for season one.
TOROcast.com: The Fifth Pillar
SWTOR's longest running fan podcast.