Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The blue-screen error

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cheparan
06.19.2012 , 07:40 AM | #1
Almost every time I play SW:TOR at some point I get this error and my PC goes blank-screen and I have to restart it. Every time I get this error I lose all the desire to play this game anymore. Please do something about this, fast!

Smaois
06.19.2012 , 07:43 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings cheparan,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue while playing the game.

Please supply the following information:
  • Open your Start menu and type "View Reliability History" into the search box.
  • Select the most recent SWTOR.exe failure denoted with a red circle with a white X in the middle.
  • Double-click the related Critical Event under Source.
  • Copy the full description to the clipboard and paste this in to your reply.
Please post this within code tags or spoiler tags

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

cheparan
06.19.2012 , 06:49 PM | #3
I tried to do what you said, but when I searched it didn't find anything, so I do not know what to do and I cannot play anymore, the last times I tried to play it gave me the error before I could even move (I have windows XP ).

Ratae
06.23.2012 , 09:59 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello cheparan,

Could you please ensure that you have checked each of the following?
  1. You should make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. For further details please check here.
  2. Check that your Graphics card and Sound card have the most recent drivers installed. For instructions on how to update your Graphics card please see here, for Sound cards please see here.
  3. Check that you have installed all of the Windows Updates for your Operating System. This is important for system reliability and program compatibility.
  4. Check the minimum specifications of the game, to determine whether your computer may experience difficulties running the game.
  5. You can try closing down any unnecessary applications that may be running in the background. You can check the applications tab and processes tab in Task Manager to see what programs are currently running.
Could you please also check this thread if you are being presented with a BSOD.
If the problem persists after you have checked the above, then please reply here with your DxDiag Report and we will try to assist you further.

Can you also try to note down the error message which displays on the blue screen and post that information?

Thank you for your co-operation.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support