Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is your dream R-WZ Team Composition?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What is your dream R-WZ Team Composition?

ATango
06.19.2012 , 06:28 AM | #1
I'm not going to talk about strats. Will leave that to all you leaders out there to use your own. But I do think it's safe to talk about what composition you would use. So let me get it started.

3 healers, 1 tank and 4 dps

1 Sage
1 Scoundrel Healer (to move with the other stealth player if necessary)
1 combat medic
1 guardian (ball runner)
1 sentinel
1 sniper
1 AS VG
1 Scoundrel Dps (For scouting and ninja'ing); I'm in 2 minds on this one for a Shadow

Still a work in progress. Obviously there are some classes I would prefer to have for different game modes but I think this is a common fit.
Major Alphatango <TCT VG>
Jedi Covenant

Kentontudor
06.19.2012 , 06:34 AM | #2
Anything but Mercenary DPS and you should be fine.
TonyPerkis - Arsenal Mercenary

Aetou
06.19.2012 , 06:39 AM | #3
You want to take a DPS Scoundrel and a Combat Medic? Really?

ATango
06.19.2012 , 07:03 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
Well it's a tossup between a scoundrel and a shadow; yea I know they're not that great but a scoundrel can lockdown a healer by themselves easily. Especially when their openers crit they can apply a lot of pressure really fast.

Combat medics are good single target healers and since R_WZ will be about FF'ing I thought that would be a good idea along with their knockback for Huttball for ramp control.

I play only a VG as u can see on my sig so if there is any reason that I should never ever ever bring a certain class please let me know.
Major Alphatango <TCT VG>
Jedi Covenant

Khoraji
06.19.2012 , 07:04 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
You wont be taking a combat medic, really?
Khoraji - Jung Ma - <Dread>
Ven Zallow refugee

Gorghte
06.19.2012 , 07:15 AM | #6
8 of me behind the keyboards of any 8 classes.
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Breyson - 50 Scoundrel - The Shadowlands (Formerly of Dreshdae Cantina) - Spaceballers!
Amerialle - 50 Guardian - The Shadowlands (Formerly of Dreshdae Cantina) - Spaceballers

Khoraji
06.19.2012 , 07:16 AM | #7
It all depends on who is behind the character and their skill level + what map it is..but in general I would take

2 healers, 1 true tank, 5 DPS

1 op healer - Best overall healer for pvp
1 merc healer - Best single target heals (Ball carrier, focus targets, etc)
1 jugg (true tank) - Ball carrier/guard the healers
1 tankassin (dps gear) - Secondary ball carrier, node defender, ninja node taker, all around utility)
1 powertech pyro - Great DPS + Enemy pull
1 Mara - Good DPS + Predation
1 Sniper - Awesome DPS, just kill ****.
1 Sorc - Decent DPS, friendly pull can be very useful

I would love to have 1 of each class like this for all of the utility, and any class can be good if played correctly but some are definately better than others. I would choose another PT pyro over a sorc in some situations but that friendly pull can be very useful.
Khoraji - Jung Ma - <Dread>
Ven Zallow refugee

RogueNights
06.19.2012 , 07:29 AM | #8
So i hate games where there are to many people rolling healers & tanks, the game just become one huge never ending face off. Also I feel it makes the game becomes less skill based.... (how many times have you lost a wz for no other reason than the other team capped the 2nd node first and neither team has enough dps to kill people?)

With that said, it may not be my dream r-wz team, however have always wanted to try something like this:

4 Marauders
2 Hybrid Assassins
2 Mercenary Healers

The Basic strategy would be to burst down enemy healers w/ high dps before they can kill yours. So the focus would be on being able to tilt battles in your favor and wipe the enemy team, rather than draw them out.

Highly based around a couple assumptions tho:
1. A high # of melee dps is most effective for bursting dwn healers
2. Your Healer's survivability matters more than actual ability to heal if the opposing team's healer is dead..

RenegadeSLX
06.19.2012 , 07:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorghte View Post
8 of me behind the keyboards of any 8 classes.
I like the way this guy thinks.

That being said.

2 Sentinels
2 Vanguards (assault)
1 Guardian (Vigilance)
1 Shadow (Kinetic)
1 Sage (Heals w/blinding bubbles)
1 Commando (Heals)

Ahhmyface
06.19.2012 , 07:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RogueNights View Post
So i hate games where there are to many people rolling healers & tanks, the game just become one huge never ending face off. Also I feel it makes the game becomes less skill based.... (how many times have you lost a wz for no other reason than the other team capped the 2nd node first and neither team has enough dps to kill people?)

With that said, it may not be my dream r-wz team, however have always wanted to try something like this:

4 Marauders
2 Hybrid Assassins
2 Mercenary Healers

The Basic strategy would be to burst down enemy healers w/ high dps before they can kill yours. So the focus would be on being able to tilt battles in your favor and wipe the enemy team, rather than draw them out.

Highly based around a couple assumptions tho:
1. A high # of melee dps is most effective for bursting dwn healers
2. Your Healer's survivability matters more than actual ability to heal if the opposing team's healer is dead..
There's no such thing as a hybrid assassin.

Moving on...

I consider anything with taunts and a reasonable amount of survivability a tank, personally (even if they are DPS spec)

3 healer 3 tank 2 DPS

1 Op (healer)
1 Sage (healer)
1 Merc (healer)
1 Tankasin (tank)
1 Smash Jugg (tank)
1 Pyro PT (tank)
1 Concealment Op (dps)
1 Marauder (dps)

I wonder how many people will pick Deception sin!
Ahhmyface- 1400 Madness Assassin
[The Bastion][/B]