Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Once your 72 hours is up, can you trasfer back to your original server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Once your 72 hours is up, can you trasfer back to your original server?

somethingwow
06.18.2012 , 11:08 PM | #1
Because i cant stand being in a heavy server.

- Everyone is on the same bonus that your on and you have to wait for them to get done.
- People are spamming out the general chat.
Sometimes being racist on it.
always joking around
- sometimes i just have people watching you while you fight, its creeping me out.

So over all i prefer to be back on a server were there is very few people on a planet.

Am i the only one that has this problem?

bassfu
06.18.2012 , 11:12 PM | #2
You're in the minority.

Spawn_of_Santa
06.19.2012 , 12:34 AM | #3
Yup, you're in the minority & so am I.

My server just opened up for a transfer today but I'm staying put because I have no problem paying $15 a month for a single-player game. The less people on my server, the better I like it.

Eventually, they're probably going to force me to move so they can shut down my "dead" server. But I planned ahead: I created placeholder characters on a bunch of other servers back in December because I've seen similar happenings with other MMOs & wanted to be ready.

I'm so grandfathered in, that SWTOR tells me that I need to delete 208 characters before I can create a new one on any server. Guess I'll start freeing up those characters now that I know which server is my destination.

Or maybe I'll wait for paid transfers & go where I want (assuming they force me to leave my current server).

PS- I happened to have a level 11 Republic character on my destination server, so I decided to compare the fleet population between my original server & that one during prime time. Destination server: 265 people. Origin server: 7. HAHA!
I like my women like I like my coffee: Strong, bitter & hand-picked by some guy in Colombia.

FrancoisTogruta
06.19.2012 , 01:00 AM | #4
IMHO, the advantages of being on a High pop server are better than the ones of being alone.

But the main reason for me was the economy. I burn thru credits like nothing, and game rewards are pathetic unless you do dailies which is only 100k per day. At least with the AH I could easily triple that in a day if I have time, as I am not capped by the amount of dailies I can do.

Once upon a time, I was on a dead server too (that is way before transfers), and I was doing fine... until they nerfed slicing to hell and beyond. That was a cheapp move from BW, that I still dont agree with ! But since, I've been slaved to the GTN.

Twaggy
06.19.2012 , 05:01 AM | #5
This forum has not made any sense since day 1, do you know how many threads were made and how many people complained there were not enough people on their server? and now all I see is people complain there are too many people on the server. If you didnt want to play a game that has people playing it with you, you shouldnt have picked an MMO.

Sorry but that's true and always will be, the amount of people on the servers now is normal and what the majority demanded.

Now you have to live with the ninjas, and the waiting for getting that computer in that room.
Mask of Nihilus Server Facebook Group - A place to find new friends, join guilds, find groups, learn of server events and most of all to have fun with YOUR community!

thomasgallant
06.19.2012 , 05:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by somethingwow View Post

- Everyone is on the same bonus that your on and you have to wait for them to get done.
always joking around
- sometimes i just have people watching you while you fight, its creeping me out.

So over all i prefer to be back on a server were there is very few people on a planet.

if you are doing the same quest as other people why dont you ask to group up? gets it done faster?
if someones spaming in general you can put them on ignore.. there will be alot of guild recruitment spam for a while to accomodate the new people.. either ignore it or shut off general for now
if people are being racist joking or not.. and it offends you. .report them.. if it doesnt offend you , why are you complaining about it?

i dont know why people would watch you fight, unless they are checking to see if you need help, or if you want to group or if they need to kill the same mobs as you and are being patient and waiting for you to finish.. this is a personal issue, i wouldnt take it as strange or anything.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Shingara
06.19.2012 , 05:10 AM | #7
People complain about this being a single player game and then in the next breath that your only option is to group and work with others but they dont want todo that. I seriously beleive we have a water army in these forums now.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Kalfear
06.19.2012 , 06:01 AM | #8

always joking around

Nope I have mixed feelings as well!

Over all the grouping when you want is a bonus (though have actually started boycotting some guilds for their behavior in that area to be honest)

But the negatives are definately there as well

As for posters telling you to group for the dailies.
WHY, they are already simplistically easy, why would anyone want to group for anything but the group heroic weekly? Speaking for myself, I dont find zooming through content fun, even if Im doing it every day.

As for the general chat
On my server no one speaks, it sucks
Occationally someone says something and you reply hoping to have a in game discussion going and wham, they all stop saying anything to each other cause interaction bad or something.
And then there is fleet
Ive heard the racist stuff, havent heard much joking around, mostly its guild recruiting spam and people ************ about other people because they complained about something or other.

The extra population has not helped create a community on the super servers from where I sit.

So its a mixed bag.

Said it before and say it again, this game needs social content to start giving players a push to form in game relationships (not talking cybering) and social interaction cause right now, it still mostly feels like a single player game with a ton of single players.

But still, I did all there was to do on my empty server so ill get the group content outta the way on the big server and then probably just drift off to a different game unless social content and community building content added.

Population has not addressed the biggest issues in TOR
Housing brought me back
now add Paazaak, KotOR#1 swoop bike racing, and more flashpoints and planets

Bulwyf
06.19.2012 , 06:08 AM | #9

always joking around

No, you are not the only one. I refuse to move my characters from both servers that have been offered transfers because I don't want to lose the names and I hate overcrowded servers. I'd much rather have no one else to compete against for dailies or other quest mobs since my wife and I play together and we don't care about gear grinds or non open world pvp.
Such a lot the gods gave to me—to me, the dazed, the disappointed; the barren, the broken.

H.P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Xerain
06.19.2012 , 06:10 AM | #10
Hi i'm anti social in real life so i play MMO's because they're more social but really i'm anti social here too... I hate people.