Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Name + Legacy Surname lost - BW Please send me back to Origin Server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Name + Legacy Surname lost - BW Please send me back to Origin Server

dakajojo
06.18.2012 , 09:30 PM | #1
I finally got an e-mail saying that my characters were eligible for character transfer... yay! So I log in, read all the information about transferring, and initiate a transfer for my main character. This name has been available on every server I've rolled, so I wasn't too worried about losing it... low and behold, the name is taken on the destination server. So, I spend about an hour trying to find an alternate name that will work... Finally do, and it's horrible. Then, I find out that my surname (Legacy) is also taken... so I spend another hour trying to figure out a new one. NOTHING. IS. AVAILABLE. At least, nothing that I'd like. Even stupid stuff is taken that I don't truly want. I loved my old character's name and frankly don't want to lose it.

I submitted a ticket asking to be sent BACK to my Origin server Dune Bantha with my original character's information. I really hope that I'm not stuck on the destination server, Nightmare Lands. I know that losing my name was a risk... but I guess I was naive to it actually happening. I wish BW would just merge low pop servers and reset everyone's name so we all have a fair shot at getting what we want or had. I've been here since the beginning with this character and name so I've become quite attached to it.

Has anyone had this issue, submitted a ticket and received a response?

Monoth
06.18.2012 , 09:42 PM | #2
I would imagine that Origin servers will eventually be removed, so it would be pointless to move back..... Plus it's kind of pointless to have the name you want but be on a empty server .....

Not sure why people get so emotional over a name change.... Maybe if your a hardcore RP'er I could understand a bit, but for regular players... meh
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

JWagner
06.18.2012 , 09:43 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
I would imagine that Origin servers will eventually be removed, so it would be pointless to move back..... Plus it's kind of pointless to have the name you want but be on a empty server .....

Not sure why people get so emotional over a name change.... Maybe if your a hardcore RP'er I could understand a bit, but for regular players... meh
Being on an RP Server, my name(s) are everything to me.
And I'm sure the same is said about most RPers on these servers...

It's depressing to know that we can go to a community, but we have to build our characters, and our independent stories, around new names...
The <Republic Privateers> of Begeren Colony (RP) want you!
Join the largest smuggler fleet in the galaxy today!

Find Out More About The <Republic Privateers>

Baelthor
06.18.2012 , 09:45 PM | #4
You should have done your research before transferring. There is no one to blame but yourself. A tough lesson.

Bethmora
06.18.2012 , 09:45 PM | #5
Just make a variant of your old name, as for your last its not lost you have to put it in. now if you put it in and its taken then again do a variant of the name. Im sure BW will purge the old servers after a couple month and auto move anyone left on them.

SkybladeDarkstar
06.18.2012 , 09:46 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post

Two words:

No queues.

Monoth
06.18.2012 , 09:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SkybladeDarkstar View Post
Two words:

No queues.
Ya because a 5-10 min que is a game breaker
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

JWagner
06.18.2012 , 09:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SkybladeDarkstar View Post
Two words:

No queues.
I agree.
I love being able to log right in, rather than wait in a queue.
My time is too precious for that
The <Republic Privateers> of Begeren Colony (RP) want you!
Join the largest smuggler fleet in the galaxy today!

Find Out More About The <Republic Privateers>

dakajojo
06.18.2012 , 09:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Baelthor View Post
You should have done your research before transferring. There is no one to blame but yourself. A tough lesson.
I don't think you read my post fully. I clearly stated I read about the transfers and understood the risk. However, now I am regretting doing the transfer because my character's name was very important to me. Does that make sense to you, or do I need to speak to you like you're a three year old?

Musezy
06.18.2012 , 09:52 PM | #10
1. Find a destination server RIGHT NOW that has your name available that you want. Log onto ALL OF THEM IF YOU HAVE TO and try to make a character with the name you want. Once you get the name you want, then keep that character there as a name-holder. You don't level it (because you are eventually going to delete it).

2. Create another character on that same destination server that is also going to be a name-holder. Use the same name that you are currently using (the one you don't like).

3. Wait. Whenever they *eventually* open up paid transfers.... delete the name-holder character you made in step #1, right before you transfer your character.

4. Because your un-liked name already exists (thanks to the name-holder you created in step #2) you will be forced to rename you character (again). Rename your character to the name you wanted in the first place.
╔╗ ║ ╔╗╔╗
╟╢ ║ ╠╣╚╗
╝╚ ╚ ╚╝╚╝
SIGN THIS PETITION TO HAVE HAMMER SHOT'S LASER BEAM OF DEATH REMOVED FROM PVP.