Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Effect of transfers on the GTN/market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Effect of transfers on the GTN/market?

GnatB
06.18.2012 , 02:57 PM | #1
Just wondering what effect the transfers have had on the market that other people have noticed? I was on a destination server, and what I've noticed:

From what I've seen, as a general rule:
Anything that's more than minimal effort has plummeted in price (i.e. spaceship parts)
Anything that's slightly hard to learn/make has dramatically increased in price.
Haven't really been paying all THAT much attention to mat prices (yet). I've always been almost entirely self sufficient in this regards. I haven't noticed that my "extras" seem to sell fairly quickly.

Prices on spaceship upgrades has fallen through the floor.
Demand for blue earpieces has gone up. Had to increase prices some to keep up with demand, and am actually selling some (correctly RE'd) purple ones for a profit. (well, profit vs. old mat prices, anyways. From what I saw it looked like mando prices were still sitting at about 10k per though.)

Augmented crafteable sales in general have gone way up. I've doubled prices on most items and am still having trouble keeping up with demand. (still surprised there aren't more low level characters churning this stuff out while they can. I thought my original prices were rediculously overpriced, now it's rediculously overpriced x 2)

22 artifact augments themselves have gone WAY up. Still trying to find a good pricepoint. Already doubled my pre-transfer asking price (where the things sold slow enough that my mat gathering was just a bit ahead of sales), and they still sell out immediately. Checked the mat prices, and no idea if they're actually going for that much, but they're priced at just about what I'm selling the finished augments for. And unlike pre-transfer, when there were virtually none available for sale, (or if there were 1 or 2, they'd be priced at about what the finished augment were going for), there are oodles of 'em for sale at that price. (checking other peoples augment prices, they're all around mine though... So again, not sure what's going on. Maybe just the particular one I've been starting with is going for more than other 22's? (I tend to price 'em all the same since they use the same mat. Why sell those mats for a 40k (or w/e) accuracy version than a 90k (or w/e) overkill one. Price 'em all the same, and if they're selling too fast. Raise 'em all. Sure, may end up "sitting" on some 90k (or w/e) oddball ones, but it makes it easy to keep track of... and the mat prices will presumably raise based on the expensive one, so if people want those oddball ones, they'll have to pay prices that compete with the good ones eventually.

Crafted blue synthweaving armor seems to have remained relatively static. Lvl 49 purple "correctly RE'd" synthweaving armor seems to be experiencing increased demand. Selling a few pieces a day at a reasonable profit.

Blue armormech armor seems to have taken a bit of a jump, but so far I've been able to keep up with the increased demand.

Blue and (correctly RE'd) purple implants have taken a significant jump in demand. Had to just about double prices on the implants to keep up with demand, and am selling purple ones (even non augmented) with fairly good regularity.

So, any observations on what others have seen?

Yogol
06.19.2012 , 06:47 AM | #2
I can tell you the effect on our server (RP west coast) in one word: nothing.

Adding two dead servers to one near-dead server did not solve any population problem.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

PhoenixCorvus
06.19.2012 , 07:24 AM | #3
I am on the EbonHawk, i have found more items that i can actually use now at mid levels. But some thing are just way over priced (ie. Lvl 2 green companion gifts that are more than Lvl 5 blues or even purples of the same type)

Flaminica
06.19.2012 , 07:34 AM | #4
I'm also on Ebon Hawk (from Adraas). I've noticed that stuff is actually selling finally. Prices overall are down a bit but I think that's a good thing. On Adraas, crafters were overcharging to compensate for the week something would sit before it was sold and for the cost of the six items that never sold for the one that finally did.

rbaratheon
06.19.2012 , 08:28 AM | #5
I'm on Corellian Run and I've been trying to sell an Advanced Magenta Indestructible Crystal (+41 END) for weeks. I was finally able to offload it yesterday within 2 hours of re-posting it at 450k.
Februus- Operative, Kaarsa- Juggernaut, Korrlatt- Sorcerer, Kassad- Mercenary
Silenus- Shadow, Whiskey'jackk- Gunslinger, Endy'mion- Commando, Tarkas- Sentinel

Vemtaz
06.19.2012 , 09:27 AM | #6
I went from an almost dead server (Soresu) to a slightly over populated one (at least on Fleet).

There is a LOT more selection on the new servers GTN, but there has also been an influx of T7 mats. The market is getting flooded with them and the prices are dropping like crazy. Some items (Alien Data Cube?)went from 250k to 25k in a couple of days.

Inkedbettiepdx
06.19.2012 , 10:11 AM | #7
I'm on The Harbinger, that's now full and a wait to get in, in the evening. I'm sure that will eventually pass, but as for the GTN, I notice a dearth in lower level items and the sparse amount were all very expensive. My guess is someone is playing the AH slot machine.

Telanis
06.19.2012 , 10:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by rbaratheon View Post
I'm on Corellian Run and I've been trying to sell an Advanced Magenta Indestructible Crystal (+41 END) for weeks. I was finally able to offload it yesterday within 2 hours of re-posting it at 450k.
Nice, that would likely be due to my former server (Thana Vesh) having transfers to yours. I'd been selling lower-level Magenta crystals there so there are probably a bunch of people looking for an upgrade. I still need to get the +41 schems, though I have the rest.

abercromb
06.19.2012 , 10:57 AM | #9
Just landed in the Nightmare lands from Frostclaw and although there are a lot more sellers and buyers the rules are the same.

Players are still selling items without any clue of what they are sellling for in the market place. So thats ultra cheap augments and rare mats, coupled with insanse over pricing on item's most sell for trash.

But the over riding theme is players preparing for the patch 1.3. Those of you who have not already found out what the changes are and the effect on trading should hide yourself in shame. The information is already out on the web, right down to the materials needed for everything.

But as a recomendation. Here is what I am working on.

The limiting of augments and augment slots to certain levels of the armour/weapons = The death of low level augmented orange crafting = dump what you have and don't craft.

The cost of using the augment tables to add augments to everything = 25k an item at level 50 = very high demand for the kits in the first 7 to 10 days (materials are not that hard to get, are pretty cheap, so you don't need the table, don't lose the 25k and so have a pretty good idea of the top price these kits will sell for).

Augments with everything, the ability to add a large boost to every item from relics, to weapons to armour + the low drop rate of level 6 purple materials needed to craft augments (crit delivers 3 a mission, you need 4 an augment) = huge initial demand for augments with limited supply = watch prices go stupid, main stat boosts like will power, strength 100-150k each easy in the 1st few days. I'mean based on what I can see on the trader today, our server can equip about 4 players before running out of stock. Count up the amount of items that can add slots and then see how many players you can fully equip from your trader. If you do the sums you will see there is no way demand can be met.

Changes to materials needed stims and new high level stims = High initial demand before people work out the new max level stims are not worth the increase in materials = people dumping level 5 Biotech materials (no longer needed), higher pirces for level 6 (you need more)

So in summary.
Buy crafting materials for Augments, missions to get augment rares, cheap listed augments
Send your friends on level 6 Biochem, level 6 slicing missions

Don't get sucked into the black hole that is more orange crafted armour recipies. Demand will be low, when you can join a pug, get a better free purple and throw an augment in.

ScarletBlaze
06.19.2012 , 11:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Flaminica View Post
I'm also on Ebon Hawk (from Adraas). I've noticed that stuff is actually selling finally. Prices overall are down a bit but I think that's a good thing. On Adraas, crafters were overcharging to compensate for the week something would sit before it was sold and for the cost of the six items that never sold for the one that finally did.
This.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR