Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Old Republic at E3 2012!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

hargrave
06.18.2012 , 09:42 PM | #31
We have the best pvp team corect? why is the pvp so bad then? How people think that 1 new wz and thats it for the year is acceptable is beyond me. With gw2 and other mmo's on the horizon this game better get in gear yesterday and quit screwing around here
We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team.James Ohlen Ilum is bieng reworked as it wasnt a fun or exciting experience

JeramieCrowe
06.18.2012 , 09:44 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by hargrave View Post
We have the best pvp team corect? why is the pvp so bad then? How people think that 1 new wz and thats it for the year is acceptable is beyond me. With gw2 and other mmo's on the horizon this game better get in gear yesterday and quit screwing around here
The highest playerbase percentage playing PvP than any other MMO, and you think it's bad? Mmkay.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Shingara
06.18.2012 , 09:45 PM | #33
We have how many pvp maps, how many pvp match types. how long has the game been out and there is even another one coming so what are you on about exactly.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

RicoFrost
06.18.2012 , 09:47 PM | #34
I am really loving the game guys keep up the good work. I am really looking forward to the up coming patches
Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 8.1-64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Corsair Force 3 SSD 128GB
Gigabyte GTX780 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

My Custom UI - http://www.swtorui.com/downloads/info81-XpellUI.html

kurzis
06.18.2012 , 10:21 PM | #35
How much did EA pay IGN this time?

I prefer to judge a game from my own experiences, and SWTOR gets a solid 4/10. it loses points for being 100% themepark and the complete inability of the dev team to roll out simple fixes and introduce an RPG element to the game.

speech bubbles, an interactive environment which games 10 years old had at launch, a character creator that doesn't look like it was implemented at the last minute, player housing, and colour customization - all of these are the very basic requirements in an MMORPG and none of them are shown in this new content.

please gets the basics done first. i think the expression is not to run before you can walk.

RicoFrost
06.18.2012 , 10:28 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by kurzis View Post
How much did EA pay IGN this time?

I prefer to judge a game from my own experiences, and SWTOR gets a solid 4/10. it loses points for being 100% themepark and the complete inability of the dev team to roll out simple fixes and introduce an RPG element to the game.

speech bubbles, an interactive environment which games 10 years old had at launch, a character creator that doesn't look like it was implemented at the last minute, player housing, and colour customization - all of these are the very basic requirements in an MMORPG and none of them are shown in this new content.

please gets the basics done first. i think the expression is not to run before you can walk.
LOL posts like this make me laugh... :P
Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 8.1-64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Corsair Force 3 SSD 128GB
Gigabyte GTX780 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

My Custom UI - http://www.swtorui.com/downloads/info81-XpellUI.html

Shingara
06.18.2012 , 10:28 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by RicoFrost View Post
LOL posts like this make me laugh... :P
was just thinking the same thing.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

hargrave
06.18.2012 , 11:13 PM | #38
Its called open world pvp. If you think 4 wz's is uber then lolz. Its been out 6 months and this is all they have? Seriously go play lotro or dcuo rift then youll see what im "on" about. Your just settling for poor pvp this is crap shrug...

Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
We have how many pvp maps, how many pvp match types. how long has the game been out and there is even another one coming so what are you on about exactly.
We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team.James Ohlen Ilum is bieng reworked as it wasnt a fun or exciting experience

kurzis
06.19.2012 , 01:00 AM | #39
Its called open world pvp. If you think 4 wz's is uber then lolz. Its been out 6 months and this is all they have? Seriously go play lotro or dcuo rift then youll see what im "on" about. Your just settling for poor pvp this is crap shrug...
I agree.

they should of had more open world areas than a tiny area of tatooine and ilum and give players an incentive for competing, SWG did it right with the civil war update.

we can all run around with our pvp flags turned on but whats the point? theres no incentive, if republicans kill all the imperials on tatooine what do the republicans gain? nothing.

they should give an option for each factions outpost to be able to be lost to the other faction. e.g.; republicans win the imperial dune sea outpost. for imperials who have opted to participate in the faction war they can no longer take a speeder to that outpost and the imperial NPC's are replaced by hostile republican NPC but have the option of gaining it back by killing the republican NPC's and staying in the area for x amount of time.

people who haven't opted for faction warfare will see republican npc's at the outpost until the imperials win it back but wont be attacked by them and can still take a speeder there.

opting into this system could have a lockout. so you can only opt in once per day, 5 minutes out of combat and you can opt out, if you opt out you'll have to wait for the next days reset to get back in, this'll prevent people exploiting by opting out to use the speeders then opting straight back in.

thats just a very basic idea using the same elements SWG did.

seriously Bioware. this game has spent years in development including around 2 years worth of beta testing, did you listen to the beta testers or were the testers hand picked through a employee friends and family scheme?

how can you get pvp so wrong and continue to get it so wrong?

Zaemiel
06.19.2012 , 05:03 AM | #40
****!

"We did something great, showed that only to choosen onces, and got a reward! And you just go and pay! We'll have a nice future"!

Dear Bioware,

If you don't tell the community what is so great you gonna make there is a possibility noone would just wait it... =\

Wy do not tell everyone? Or loyal subscribers? Just look at quantity of players dinamics!
Please, Bioware, can you create a free PvP and PvE space battle please! Swoop racing is also welcome!