Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code C7

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

raderox
06.18.2012 , 01:43 PM | #1
The game keeps popping up with the C7 error code. dxdiag is below. please help! Thanks in advance!
Spoiler
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓(\/$$$--$$$--)><>)▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
I AM

Beesodd
06.18.2012 , 01:45 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi raderox,

Unfortunately, the system you have linked does not meet the minimum requirements for the game, which error code c7 indicates.

However, you may still be able to play, with diminished performance. One thing that jumps out is that your display drivers are significantly out of date, and updating these may help.

Also, updating your .net framework and C++ may also be of use.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

raderox
06.18.2012 , 01:50 PM | #3
Thanks so much for the fast responce! I have already played it on this computer although i am running it on bootcamp. But i will try doing what you have reccomended. Thanks!

Edit: i checked my computer and it looks like there are bo updates available. Updates are up to date. But i have ready played it for a few months now and nothing has gon wrong.
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓(\/$$$--$$$--)><>)▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
I AM

yournitemare
06.19.2012 , 03:07 PM | #4
my computer does meet the system requirements.. and back in febuary when i was playing everything worked totally fine.. then just a few days ago i wanted to play again.. so i put a time card on my account... my screen was locking up then 5 seconds after that my graphics went wonky(full screen windowed mode) then when i went to full screen(not windowed mode) my screen would freeze and i got an error 9000.... now i just can't even log in.. cause of error c7... im really getting fusterated.. as i have no issue doing anything else on my computer... no issue at all playing any other online game..
heres my dxdiag after doing all the different changes that all your "help" forums suggested
*edit* didnt copy all

Spoiler

yournitemare
06.19.2012 , 03:09 PM | #5
and heres my DxDiag before i i did all your forum.. "help" that your techs told me to do..

Spoiler

Smaois
06.19.2012 , 03:09 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings yournitemare,

Thanks for providing that.

Please go to www.swtor.com/download and download the setup file again and run it.(Please run the file as Administrator and add an exception for SWTOR_setup.exe in your anti-virus software).

This will reinstall the Launcher, it will not download the game content again.

You should also check that you have the latest Service Pack and Windows Updates installed for your operating system, including the optional updates such as .NET framework and Visual C++ features.

Please also ensure that you run the Launcher with Administrator privileges.

If you need further assistance, please post here.

Quote: Originally Posted by raderox View Post
Thanks so much for the fast responce! I have already played it on this computer although i am running it on bootcamp. But i will try doing what you have reccomended. Thanks!

Edit: i checked my computer and it looks like there are bo updates available. Updates are up to date. But i have ready played it for a few months now and nothing has gon wrong.
Greetings raderox,

I recommend that you go directly to the manufacturers website and download and install the most recent drivers.

Should you require further assistance, please post here.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

yournitemare
06.19.2012 , 03:14 PM | #7
well i alrdy have the latest of all .net and my drivers ive redownloaded the launcher 3 times.. my anti virus/firewall has the setup.exe allowed... *edit* by launcher i ment the setup... to redownload the launcher*

Smaois
06.19.2012 , 03:27 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings yournitemare,

Thanks for confirming that you have done that.

I recommend that you try installing a previous non-Beta graphics card driver(such as driver version 296.10). I recommend that you do a fresh install of the driver, to do this first uninstall the current drivers.
  1. Go into your Control Panel
  2. Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon
  3. Select the NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers from the list of programs.
  4. Click Change/Remove or Add/Remove button.
  5. Confirm with Windows that you wish to continue with the uninstall
  6. Perform a clean boot of your system.
You can find drivers at the following page:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

yournitemare
06.19.2012 , 03:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Smaois View Post
Greetings yournitemare,

Thanks for confirming that you have done that.

I recommend that you try installing a previous non-Beta graphics card driver(such as driver version 296.10). I recommend that you do a fresh install of the driver, to do this first uninstall the current drivers.
  1. Go into your Control Panel
  2. Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon
  3. Select the NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers from the list of programs.
  4. Click Change/Remove or Add/Remove button.
  5. Confirm with Windows that you wish to continue with the uninstall
  6. Perform a clean boot of your system.
You can find drivers at the following page:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx
done... but still getting error c7....

Smaois
06.19.2012 , 03:41 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings yournitemare,

Please generate a new DxDiag and post the file here.