Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resuscribers thread: Tell us a few things

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Resuscribers thread: Tell us a few things

zerosaint
06.18.2012 , 01:44 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by chubbywan View Post
Beta tested a much soon to be hyped game also made me come back and now I realize the polish of this game...
I am -not- trying to derail, because I would honestly like to know- can you give some examples? Maybe my jaded heart has missed something.

islander
06.18.2012 , 01:57 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by chubbywan View Post
To those like me who left Swtor only to return months later, what are some of the reasons for you returning to this fun game?

I missed the story and lore. I missed my sorcerer.
Because BW was actually SERIOUS about transfers and voluntary server merges. They have pretty much whittled down the servers to 30. I can actually play the game with others again.

That's why.
Gìllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

chubbywan
06.18.2012 , 02:22 PM | #13
While its missing many features, the polish I speak of is in the story and you can tell they put their hearts into the game.
More gameplay footage please..............................

Dodia
06.18.2012 , 02:27 PM | #14
Quit SWTOR to resume playing WoW, WoW is seriously boring now with the last content patch released like 7-8 months ago. Left in the first place because of a dying server with no one to play with. The upcoming LFG tool, server transfers and my boyfriend wanting to play again (he's also super bored with WoW) are what made me resub - for the time being, at least.

Alkiii
06.18.2012 , 02:32 PM | #15
I left due to lack of population. I figured I would give the whole transfer process a try. I figured if they botched the transfer process, I'd just keep my account un-subbed (my account expires today). Well, the transfer process was smooth as glass and after playing a full weekend filled with instant PvP queues and a server with 500-750 on the Fleet during peak times, I have decided that I'll give the game a second chance.

So far so good.
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”

chuixupu
06.18.2012 , 02:33 PM | #16
I never unsubbed, but compared to launch, the game is in a far more polished state, certainly. The amount of bugs I used to encounter was ridiculous. I see a couple here and there still, but nothing that makes me want to turn the game off.

Also, many of the UI changes, the customization still needs a lot of work, but it's far better than it was. The Legacy updates, the talent tree reworkings, the changes to gear/augments, crewskills, graphical/fps fixes; I'd say most of this stuff should have been in at launch, but regardless, if people unsubbed before 1.2, I think they'll find a much more enjoyable, less frustrating game now, and in 1.3 especially.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Noviru
06.18.2012 , 03:56 PM | #17
Hey everyone,

Quick heads up that we recently remove or edit a couple of posts for being off-topic. If your post was quoting or responding to this content, we may have removed or edited your post as well.

As a friendly reminder, please try and keep the discussion focused on why players have chosen to resubscribe to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Members are welcome to ask for clarification and more details from those who have returned and posted in this thread, as long as it's remains polite and constructive.

Any questions regarding this, or any other moderation policy can be sent to us directly at CommunitySupport@swtor.com.

Thank you, and welcome back!

DaDe
06.18.2012 , 04:13 PM | #18
My game time runs out tomorrow i think it was, not going to resub. But not because the game is boring(it's an amazing game), but because summer's here!, will be back in august
Dunn | 50 | Vanguard |
Chasmi | 50 | Assassin |
Sek'nos | 50 | Marauder |
Beertastic | 50 | Guardian |

Shingara
06.18.2012 , 04:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Krask View Post
Am a little pissed that I deleted the game shortly before I found out about the character transfer though >.<
That there is what you call sods law.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

chubbywan
06.18.2012 , 04:29 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
That there is what you call sods law.
I removed mine once as well because I was so mad the game launched without some of the basic mmo functions...
More gameplay footage please..............................