Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why BioWare have you killed me?!?!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why BioWare have you killed me?!?!?

silky_soft_
06.18.2012 , 03:14 PM | #11
sounds like you are just crap at your class. their heals are amazing when used right. healing needs a stacking nerf just like dot and debuff have. you don't need a boost. just l2p
wtb silence skill
wtb solo and 4 man ranked warzones
wtb cross server que
wtb 1 united server

Jue-Bria
06.18.2012 , 04:03 PM | #12
I regularly get between 500k - 600k healing done in the warzones. This is with 5 pieces of war hero and rest battlemaster. I manage to keep myself up and when I need dps peeled off me I rely on my allies and CC. Can't say I have a problem with commando healing right now. It did however feel weak in recruit gear but thats what you expect at entry level gear.
Jue

Lord_Karsk
06.18.2012 , 04:19 PM | #13
HAHA OP they killed commandos alredy in february.The way they destroyed healing as well was just the last nail
to make sure the class is dead for competetive play.

Cryptiic
06.18.2012 , 05:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jue-Bria View Post
I regularly get between 500k - 600k healing done in the warzones. This is with 5 pieces of war hero and rest battlemaster. I manage to keep myself up and when I need dps peeled off me I rely on my allies and CC. Can't say I have a problem with commando healing right now. It did however feel weak in recruit gear but thats what you expect at entry level gear.
Well I would love to get your rotations and build. Any help to maximize my healing would be great. I'm only 4 pieces of WH gear (gun, 2 implants, Helmet) and the rest of my shells with BM mods and AIM augs. So maybe that would make a big difference. I almost never have a guard on me as my 2 buddies are dpsers. I have had one Voidstar that I healed for 380k but I had no deaths. It is rare for me to break 200k in most WZs though. Should I be using adrenals to improve my heals? not sure if that makes a big difference or not but I guess I could respec to biochem.

sauerkraut
06.18.2012 , 05:10 PM | #15
So it's OP trooper or nothing?

Eillack
06.18.2012 , 06:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by silky_soft_ View Post
sounds like you are just crap at your class. their heals are amazing when used right. healing needs a stacking nerf just like dot and debuff have. you don't need a boost. just l2p
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Cryptiic
06.19.2012 , 10:33 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by silky_soft_ View Post
ROFL roll a trooper healer then you can talk smack. We don't even come close to the 600K - 700K that sorc's and sages are dropping. You're just trying to be rude.

I did pick up a couple more pieces of WH and I am breaking 250K per match a lot more often but still nowhere near other healing classes. I look forward to seeing what full WH set does.

FalcoLombardi
06.19.2012 , 10:37 AM | #18
Mercenary healers are good in my opinion. Hard to keep interrupted, unlike Sorcerers, a quick AoE heal, I have a harder time beating them down than I do Sorcerer, and Operative is even harder
......|||
======= God Bless
......|||
......|||

RogueNights
06.19.2012 , 12:37 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by FalcoLombardi View Post
Mercenary healers are good in my opinion. Hard to keep interrupted, unlike Sorcerers, a quick AoE heal, I have a harder time beating them down than I do Sorcerer, and Operative is even harder

Agree w/ this. Mercenaries aren't as squishy and have good 1 target heals, in some scenarios they can be the best healer to have.

Cryptiic
11.30.2012 , 11:56 AM | #20
Thought I would come post an update. Now full WH I still don't see the kind of heals other classes are posting for match totals. Scoundrels and Sages are still posting consistantly, even on players with partial WH, 300k-700k heals. I've seen a few sages on our server put out over 1 mil in heals. Commandos just don't put up those numbers. With the new stun bubble hybrid sages/sorcs they heal for a lot more even as a hybrid with more utility. Our heavy armor helps against white damage players (weapon dmg) but not against force and tech which is what most PVPers run with. Elemental dmg of powertechs is still WAY overpowered. There is just no mitigation against it. Armor means nothing against elemental attacks. When a powertech in recruit gear can 3 shot a full WH healer something is very very wrong. So in short: commando healers are still gimped. We have half the utility and half the healing output. Give our kolto bomb a longer cooldown but add a nice heal over time effect like the scoundrels have and we might survive a few seconds longer.

my numbers:
Crit Chance Ranged 35%,
Crit Chance Tech 40% (with talents),
Surge 76%,
Bonus Healing 639.5,
Activation Speed (From Alacrity) 13.78,

I've been thinking about swapping out half my Aim/End Augs for Power/Defense. I'll let you all know how it goes.