Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

XharKhan
06.27.2012 , 01:13 AM | #771
Lets hope for a reply at some point.
Clan Leader TOGA (The Old Guards Army) EU Lord Calypho

Ellren
06.27.2012 , 01:13 AM | #772
There are some of us who have rolled alts on Progenitor to keep us going until Bioware sorts this mess and arranges transfers in one form or another and the community there has been more than welcoming as we traipse across the border with little to offer but our good humour and pleasant candour Great community there.

I'd discuss my experience on TOFN but that would just be me bemoaning the ability to create a custom hot-key/macro for the ignore command.

Progenitor hit Very Heavy briefly last night.. there were more people on Shadaa at 4 in the morning than on the fleet when I logged onto Lord Calypho at peak time yesterday.

This really can't be that complicated, either let us move our characters or tell us when we can. At the very least give us a damn response, I know you are very busy with 1.3, but you've kicked that bird out of the nest now so how long are we going to have to wait?

I could have taught myself to knit using my feet by now.. and holding knitting needles with your feet is freaking hard. Sort this.

...Also Bump!
I'm not purple...

Odilon
06.27.2012 , 02:05 AM | #773
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellren View Post
There are some of us who have rolled alts on Progenitor to keep us going
I did that too, and I love the atmosphere over there, all I miss for a really good time now, are my other characters from Lord Calypho and very importantly: the legacy I built with them!
Allow pity and compassion to rule your world..

And I will reign over you!

limenutpen
06.27.2012 , 02:13 AM | #774
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghostuka View Post
Actually, I did the transfer to ToFN. I am playing from US, and I don't have any lag whatsoever even when the server is full. And to be honest, I did not see any mockers/idiots/immatures. If I did, I would not have any problem either though, since /ignore is hell of a command.
I agree TOFN is a great server. Have seen also some RPing along the way as much as on LC.

It is crowded and you can play the game. 2 instances in REP fleet this morning, was 3 at some point.
For me it is most important I play the game.

Also there exist some mature players here as well, and some really good ones as well.

Ranked WZs wer far from easy to win in all our clashes on the first day. None the less they wer always challenging, lost and won equal but it was mostly in the last minute minus for one bad Hutt-Stun-ball.
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando, Color-full: Sentinel
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut, Grandblu: Powertech, Brontolon: Sniper

Streams
06.27.2012 , 02:16 AM | #775
Just like the statements above: an official answer would be very welcomed.

It's an easy answer: either you will allow us to move in the future, either you won't.

Personally, I don't think cross-server warzone and flashpoints will occur (I don't think you need them, and unfortunately for the small servers that are required to move, the big ones don't need this, and I'm thinking that is what you have tried to achieve).

Then, there's paid transfers. I think these will come, and in the case of no future free transfers off of Lord Calypho to a RP server, it would be nice to give a timeline (maybe 3 months, maybe 6, but it would be good to know). But if the policy is to make giant servers, of different type, then I doubt paid transfers will arrive, if you keep the designation of same type transfer. Right about now, all PvP servers head to The Tomb, PvE to Red Eclipse and RP to The Progenitor. Unfortunately, as it was stated on a previous page, Lord Calypho was doing fine up until the flood gates were opened. Now it is dying, and some of us would like to know what will happen next.

Zakanji
06.27.2012 , 02:33 AM | #776
The only good thing about ToFN is that it clears out at 11pm GMT. Bedtime.

Queued when the server was less than 30 mins, got down to 5th in the queue and waited, and waited... and relogged my progenitor alt.

I do not pay for this game to get a queuing screen the moment I get home from work. Nor do I particularly enjoy pvping against the likes of such inspired names like "Vaginator" and "Jediman".

A few hours earlier on Progenitor I was lucky enough to catch an entire platoon of troopers RP'ing outside the Senate House. I doubt we ever even had the like on Calypho at it's height.

Is it too much to ask for a transfer to Progenitor, at this point I'd even be willing to pay. It's beyond depressing.
Arkriman 50 Powertech
It is not enough to succeed.Others must fail.

misterME
06.27.2012 , 02:41 AM | #777
Just an update form the LC:

I logged in again last night to work on the progression of some of my alts there. And, once again, there were maybe 90 people in total logged in, counting both sides.

Here's what impressed me: They are still at it. The general chat is not full of QQing as one might expect. People are playing, grouping (though not often, and certainly not by way of the LFG Tool). There were spontaneous RP sessions going on. One Republic Guild, The Last Stand, was actively recruiting members to help preserve what community is left there.

I don't say this all to justify leaving these folks there, or to agree with BW's assessment that those who don't want to move to ToFN should stay put. I simply relay it to point out that these are the people you want to keep if this game is going to have any long-term viability. These people, despite the slap in the face, despite having their population bled dry, are still committed, still logging in, still playing, still RPing. And while they couldn't make use of much of what came with 1.3, they were doing their dead-level best to test out and feedback what they could.

These folks deserve better. We deserve better. Never-mind that we're paying customers (we've realized long ago how little that seems to mean), consider that we're the kind of customers that you want to keep. But how long can we keep this up before frustration and loneliness gets the better of us, and we all /quit to go find greener pastures and a developer that gives a **** abut us?

Time is running out, BW. You've been lucky to keep us as long as you have; don't expect your luck to hold out.

Faith in Bioware restored June 29, 2012: See the Magic!

Luchsi
06.27.2012 , 04:43 AM | #778
Quote: Originally Posted by misterME View Post

I logged in again last night to work on the progression of some of my alts there. And, once again, there were maybe 90 people in total logged in, counting both sides.

Here's what impressed me: They are still at it. The general chat is not full of QQing as one might expect. People are playing, grouping (though not often, and certainly not by way of the LFG Tool). There were spontaneous RP sessions going on. One Republic Guild, The Last Stand, was actively recruiting members to help preserve what community is left there.

I don't say this all to justify leaving these folks there, or to agree with BW's assessment that those who don't want to move to ToFN should stay put. I simply relay it to point out that these are the people you want to keep if this game is going to have any long-term viability. These people, despite the slap in the face, despite having their population bled dry, are still committed, still logging in, still playing, still RPing. And while they couldn't make use of much of what came with 1.3, they were doing their dead-level best to test out and feedback what they could.

These folks deserve better. We deserve better. Never-mind that we're paying customers (we've realized long ago how little that seems to mean), consider that we're the kind of customers that you want to keep. But how long can we keep this up before frustration and loneliness gets the better of us, and we all /quit to go find greener pastures and a developer that gives a **** abut us?

Time is running out, BW. You've been lucky to keep us as long as you have; don't expect your luck to hold out.

100% the same on the German Jen'Jidai "mirror-server".

And unfortunatly we remaining RPs got no further response/anwers/informations after transfers to PvP were opened, too.
Ysissiryl Hitheth-dobluth / Sage / Vanjervalis Chain (formerly: Jen'Jidai (RP-PvP))
Sal'fra Hitheth-dobluth / Operative / T3-M4 (formerly: Sith Triumvirate)
---
Jen'Jidais Vermächtnis - Nettes, zielgerichtetes Chaos

LordExozone
06.27.2012 , 04:48 AM | #779
Quote: Originally Posted by misterME View Post

Can't agree more. I'm so pissed at Bioware I doubt I'll ever play this or any other Bioware game again. But I have 40 days of forum access left and by god I'm going to use them to bump this thread for the people you describe!
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Istarain
06.27.2012 , 05:17 AM | #780
*Sigh* oh dear still no reply! come on bioware I know you got to have meetings and talk about this but don't you think even a "sorry were still trying to fix this!" would calm a lot of people down?