Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

misterME's Avatar


misterME
06.22.2012 , 04:49 AM | #531
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyla View Post
When you ask for another update when they just started transfers to ToFN yesterday and they are still not at work ?
You're obviously not special if they have to make an update now on your problems when they still haven't answered some other problems since they started the transfers the 12th.
We've been patient long enough, thankyouverymuch.

The point is that this isn't a problem that started yesterday; it started 12 days ago when we were told we weren't being included at all in the transfer process (read the OP, why don't ya?). And their "solution", just presented yesterday, without fanfare or explanation, isn't acceptable. And we're going to continue to ask for updates and push and QQ and scream at the top of our lungs until a real solution is presented, day or night, weekday or weekend, GMT or CDT.
Faith in Bioware restored June 29, 2012: See the Magic!

Zakanji's Avatar


Zakanji
06.22.2012 , 04:51 AM | #532
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyla
Like everyone with a problem with the current transfers, you aren't that special.
Most ignorant thing you will hear today. Guaranteed.
Arkriman 50 Powertech
It is not enough to succeed.Others must fail.

Scalarik's Avatar


Scalarik
06.22.2012 , 04:56 AM | #533
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakanji View Post
Most ignorant thing you will hear today. Guaranteed.
Only because you can't hear anything from Bioware , especially not today.

Man-Kar's Avatar


Man-Kar
06.22.2012 , 05:01 AM | #534
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiyosa View Post
There never were or will be any RP naming policies, not even on RP servers.
Indeed, but RP servers usually have more name-decent crowd, as well as people who actually report completely inappropriate names (according to the naming rules) more frequently Indeed, I used wrong expression

Nyla's Avatar


Nyla
06.22.2012 , 05:08 AM | #535
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakanji View Post
Most ignorant thing you will hear today. Guaranteed.
Oh, so you deserve an update now because you are special ?

Some people have problems with the choice BW made, because of names/legacy names, server destination, having to delete characters or stop playing some, lag, respawn time, ... you aren't special.

Quote: Originally Posted by misterME View Post
We've been patient long enough, thankyouverymuch.

The point is that this isn't a problem that started yesterday; it started 12 days ago when we were told we weren't being included at all in the transfer process (read the OP, why don't ya?). And their "solution", just presented yesterday, without fanfare or explanation, isn't acceptable. And we're going to continue to ask for updates and push and QQ and scream at the top of our lungs until a real solution is presented, day or night, weekday or weekend, GMT or CDT.
You have made it clear earlier that they already missed the boat and that another destination now would still lead to complain.
I'm sorry but if you think they will complete change their way and give you what you want you are in for a hard wake up.

That's all they have decided for now, some of you aren't happy, ok I understand that but again calling for an update when they haven't new things to say doesn't help you.
“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”

Zakanji's Avatar


Zakanji
06.22.2012 , 05:10 AM | #536
Quote: Originally Posted by Scalarik
Only because you can't hear anything from Bioware*, especially not today.
I'll put a fiver on that. I ought to just slink off to the pub!

(Though I imagine some might argue I might as well be with my productivity today. *coughs*)
Arkriman 50 Powertech
It is not enough to succeed.Others must fail.

Majspuffen's Avatar


Majspuffen
06.22.2012 , 05:16 AM | #537
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyla View Post
The fact that you want an update doesn't induce they will create an answer right now that will be satisfactory to everyone.
They can't please everyone, I, like some others people, can't really play anymore some of their characters because of the transfers. Maybe they wont say anythin more, maybe there will be an update and tell us they can't do anything, maybe they will do something...

The thing is they started transfers for LC yesterday, they aren't at work right now, they will need at least a meeting to have an update and the people involved must have time for it, it's Friday, they will need some time to inform the community team.
Or maybe, they will think they have done enough already and that you, like me, will have to wait for the paid transfers to go where you want.
They should have thought of that when they first mentioned the transfer from Lord Calypho to the Tomb of Freedon Nadd. It would worry me if they didn't even think of this beforehand, if this is somehow an afterthought.

Those of us who do not want to move to a pvp server are now left alone on Lord Calypho. We're a minority, but we still pay for this game. I'm swimming in a sea of uncertainty and anxiety. If I stay on Lord Calypho, will I get stuck on a dead server with my best characters? Or will I have to pay in order to move to the server I want in the future?

That would hardly seem fair. Then we're left with the short straw and having to pay for it. No, Bioware should've put more thought into this and told us whether future transfers would be available or not. This is either extremely poor communication on their part, or it's not thought through in the slightest. I'm praying for the former, as bad as it may sound.

Zakanji's Avatar


Zakanji
06.22.2012 , 05:21 AM | #538
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakanji
I AM special, I DEMAND exceptional and preferential treatment!
I distinctly remember saying this.

Back to reality for a nanosecond, this thread is supposed to voice the concerns of LC players. Rubbishing those concerns in a "you have an option just get on with it" fashion does you no favours, nor does championing BWs efforts.

Some good trolling though. 9/10.
Arkriman 50 Powertech
It is not enough to succeed.Others must fail.

Nyla's Avatar


Nyla
06.22.2012 , 05:37 AM | #539
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
They should have thought of that when they first mentioned the transfer from Lord Calypho to the Tomb of Freedon Nadd. It would worry me if they didn't even think of this beforehand, if this is somehow an afterthought.

Those of us who do not want to move to a pvp server are now left alone on Lord Calypho. We're a minority, but we still pay for this game. I'm swimming in a sea of uncertainty and anxiety. If I stay on Lord Calypho, will I get stuck on a dead server with my best characters? Or will I have to pay in order to move to the server I want in the future?

That would hardly seem fair. Then we're left with the short straw and having to pay for it. No, Bioware should've put more thought into this and told us whether future transfers would be available or not. This is either extremely poor communication on their part, or it's not thought through in the slightest. I'm praying for the former, as bad as it may sound.
I'm pretty sure they thought about it and decided to make happy a part of your community (probably the largest).

From your point of view, it's not fair. From EA or BW as a company, fairness isn't taken into account. Each time they make a decision they are prioritizing some customers over others. When they choose to work on something, they work less on the others.
They obviously wanted to make some money from the paid transfers, the more special cases they handle through free transfers they less they will make.

I'm not defending BW, I would like them to do the right thing for you and for everyone that have a problem with the transfers for whatever the reason (names, server destination, respawn time, lag, ...) but the reality is some suit guys at EA or BW doesn't really care about your or my problem and if they can make most of the people happy, it's better for them than spending more time handling all the different special situations.
“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”

eclipce's Avatar


eclipce
06.22.2012 , 05:39 AM | #540
I will sub again if they open up transfers from Lord Calypho to The Progenitor.

Over time BioWare has to deliver and make good decisions because right now I have little to no faith in them as a company or as a proper RP gaming developer due to many rasons but this just is far beyond what i imagined from awell respected company named BioWare - so, still have faith in BioWare but they have to act and communicate on a decent level from now on.

I'll be sticking (it is Star Wars) with LC on and off, depening if there will be any people there- the GTN will die as will the WZ q.
- one solution ingame is to create a global chat channel for Flashpoints and the like to keep in touch on both sides to organize the few that remains- is that viable?

I have no, NO interest in starting a legacy and 8 characters over again - that is not acceptable.

So, BioWare do the right thing and make it happen and while you are at it.. open up transfers from TOFN to The Progenitor for Lord Calypho origin players who clearly made the wrong decision, felt forced due to their guilds and friends leaving for TOFN.
"you cannot kill what you did not create"