Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kiyosa's Avatar


Kiyosa
06.21.2012 , 11:54 AM | #451
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryogenique View Post
Let's be honest, the majority of RP on LC was in guilds anyway, and what's to stop you RPing in an RP guild on ToFN?
Please, do direct me to the survey you read that stated this. Because I know at least 20+ people who are in fact in either PvE or PvP guilds and RP on their own accord.

It's really mindblowing that people are trying to support the halfassed decision to give a server that serves two aspects (RP and PVP) only a single option, namely PVP. It's not fair, it's not just, it's not right. It's so painfully obvious that every single argument to support the one way transfer feels like trying to paint a pile of crap in pink and call it a candy.
Bleh...

Zinta's Avatar


Zinta
06.21.2012 , 11:56 AM | #452
Thanks for the transfers BioWare!
<December Procrastinator>
I will get to it eventually

Rogoo's Avatar


Rogoo
06.21.2012 , 11:58 AM | #453
Quote: Originally Posted by misterME View Post
I don't care.
They always cater to the majority first. Such was the case with initial transfer policy and such was the case with this latest decision here.

Quote:
b) I highly doubt it. If that were the case, it might almost mitigate their actions, to some small extent, if they came out and said that. They didn't. And the interface for the transfers lends itself to players choosing a destination server. So I really don't think it's some sort of technical limitation.
I agree. If that was the case they should have told us. Would mitigate some of the QQ.

Quote:
In any case, it doesn't change the fact that they just **** on all the RPers from each of those three servers.
Not really. The majority of us wanted to go to ToFN. I still supported the option between PvP and RP-PvE (since I believe it's all about CHOICE), but never wanted to go to a PvE server personally.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Ellren's Avatar


Ellren
06.21.2012 , 12:00 PM | #454
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiyosa View Post
I know at least 20+ people who are in fact in either PvE or PvP guilds and RP on their own accord.
This.. exactly this...

Adiari's Avatar


Adiari
06.21.2012 , 12:00 PM | #455
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryogenique View Post
Let's be honest, the majority of RP on LC was in guilds anyway, and what's to stop you RPing in an RP guild on ToFN?
Yeah... That is just... Nonsense, it's not the case at all. More to the point I don’t see why you feel the need to defend Bioware’s decision. Sure they have done a good thing with opening up transfers to ToFN, but that doesn’t excuse how they seemingly disregarded the other side of the coin, without even saying “Sorry xyz won’t happen.”

Chegwedtch's Avatar


Chegwedtch
06.21.2012 , 12:00 PM | #456
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiyosa View Post
Please, do direct me to the survey you read that stated this. Because I know at least 20+ people who are in fact in either PvE or PvP guilds and RP on their own accord.

It's really mindblowing that people are trying to support the halfassed decision to give a server that serves two aspects (RP and PVP) only a single option, namely PVP. It's not fair, it's not just, it's not right. It's so painfully obvious that every single argument to support the one way transfer feels like trying to paint a pile of crap in pink and call it a candy.
I like this metaphore!

XharKhan's Avatar


XharKhan
06.21.2012 , 12:07 PM | #457
What a pointless solution to the RP community of the RP-PVP server...as usual a half baked non thought out unjustifably delayed and inadequate response from the company with no experiance in MMO community management.

I dont want to move to a pure PVP server, I rolled on a RP server because I like the more mature community its playerbase affords...with the added bonus of I may be abl to take in some world PVP (which is borked beyond belief) now with the server transfers I'm given the options of:

1 - Move to a server I will not enjoy at all
2 - Stay on a server with very few players
3 - Re-roll on a server I do want to play on, loose the legacy/credits and characters I've spent the last 6 months building.

Could anyone from bioware even confirm that a paid transfer will be available to the RP-PVE server or a US RP-PVP server at any point, and if so give some indication of timeframe for that to happen (even if its "unlikely to be in the next 6 months").

Its pretty frustrating to have posted and seen posted so many times in this and the previous thread that one option would NOT fit all, only to see on option implemented.
Clan Leader TOGA (The Old Guards Army) EU Lord Calypho

Acidstrider's Avatar


Acidstrider
06.21.2012 , 12:14 PM | #458
Quote: Originally Posted by XharKhan View Post
What a pointless solution to the RP community of the RP-PVP server...as usual a half baked non thought out unjustifably delayed and inadequate response from the company with no experiance in MMO community management.

I dont want to move to a pure PVP server, I rolled on a RP server because I like the more mature community its playerbase affords...with the added bonus of I may be abl to take in some world PVP (which is borked beyond belief) now with the server transfers I'm given the options of:

1 - Move to a server I will not enjoy at all
2 - Stay on a server with very few players
3 - Re-roll on a server I do want to play on, loose the legacy/credits and characters I've spent the last 6 months building.

Could anyone from bioware even confirm that a paid transfer will be available to the RP-PVE server or a US RP-PVP server at any point, and if so give some indication of timeframe for that to happen (even if its "unlikely to be in the next 6 months").

Its pretty frustrating to have posted and seen posted so many times in this and the previous thread that one option would NOT fit all, only to see on option implemented.
Amen to that, brother. We can only hope this reaches Bioware.... Lord know they shut down my thread on the matter in less than 10 minutes so hopefully their at least paying attention to the thread they sent me off to.

gildore's Avatar


gildore
06.21.2012 , 12:14 PM | #459
Dear Bioware... We don't want to go to a PvP server... We want to be able to go to a RP server. Or at least be able to go to a RP server. Everyone in my guild, the Crimson Moon, doesn't want to go to a pure PvP server. They all want to go to a RP server, so we can actually RP with the community. On a PvP server, we can RP yes, but not WITH the general population, and we want to be able to do that.
So please. Reroute a distination to a RP server, or two. Thank you!

P.S: Just so we are clear: My guild, Crimson Moon, and I want to be able to go to a RP server!
Blast it!

Scalarik's Avatar


Scalarik
06.21.2012 , 12:20 PM | #460
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellren View Post
Oh and just to clarify something to the people who are wondering why the RP crowd were not 'vocal' about this issue before, or at least not as much as the PVPers.

We were the ones who remained patient, we remained calm, we didn't kick up a fuss and cry and scream and stamp our feet because frankly it never occurred to most of us that we would would be treated this way. We just thought it was a 'matter of time'.

This is pissing on us without having the courtesy of calling it rain.
This exactly. From my 20-30 people guild two members posted, we both did it a few times. We thought that would be enough shouting about the RP choice as so many others were also speaking for it. So we remained patient and silent. Also I've not seen many members of our allies posting here, for the same reason I doubt.

I personally thought you Bioware wouldn't only reward the ones that (with all due respect) spam and whine the most. I thought you would be smarter to see the patience and maturity of the RP community, and at least consider giving something back in return.

But now I see, as many others have, that our trust was misplaced. Now that PvP players got what they wanted and we didn't, you will see the RP players come here whining.

We are out of patience. Could you say something, Bioware? Anything really.