Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cootiepwease
06.21.2012 , 09:09 AM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by Adiari View Post
Well, it stands to reason that people looking to RP, would go onto an RP server, and I was saying letís just assume to be general. Not literal, you are always going to find exceptions, but the few RP guilds on Lord Calypho already stated they would not move to a none-RP server, so youíd still be going to a community with;
a) Queue times on the server.
b) Less Roleplaying.
Right well you just addressed the problems our server has. Queue times on the server...pvp queue times are pretty much gone...as in you CAN'T get into warzones anymore...maybe 2 in an hour...that's just pathetic. Less roleplaying. Well as you said the "few" RP guilds and they are pretty small guilds at that. As far as activity goes. This is the main problem, we don't have enough people on LC. Please stop this "we chose an RP server" nonsense as well. You didn't choose an RP server. You chose an RP-PVP server being fully aware what the difference is and what it all would entail. At the release of game did we all think we'd be in this exact situation? Of course not. Our server was amazing for quite a while actually. So as it stands to reason, we SHOULD be going to tomb of freedon nadd.

Gradivus
06.21.2012 , 09:11 AM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiyosa View Post
Major fail. Huge. So extremely huge of a fail that RP'ers at the moment aren't even sure whether they should laugh their butts off or cry their eyes out. You emphasize the unique nature of the servers, yet you completely ignore the RP aspect by giving us what? PVP destinations. You're supposed to support unique servers like Lord Calypho, make transfers from other servers to it possible, not leave it to rot by draining people from it. Fail, just fail.
I'm an RP'er an I'm SO happy about the transfer. You can be sure that there will be enough RPers transferred to Tomb and you'll be able to continue your stories there. Not a problem.

GamewizX
06.21.2012 , 09:12 AM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by Adiari View Post
So where does that leave the people that came to this server beacuse they wanted to roleplay?
And what do you expect them to do? If not enough people want to play on an RP PVP sevrer then there isn't much Bioware can do about it. You are just a part of a small minority so you'll either have to give up the "RP" title on your server, or deal with a very small population.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

Adiari
06.21.2012 , 09:17 AM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by Cootiepwease View Post
Right well you just addressed the problems our server has. Queue times on the server...pvp queue times are pretty much gone...as in you CAN'T get into warzones anymore...maybe 2 in an hour...that's just pathetic.
Really? As a member of Judge, I always queue with other people, and the game prioritises groups queued over single players, so I can only assume that you solo queued, as I got warzones anywhere from 1-10 minutes at peak times. So your wait for Warzones is only going to get worse on Tomb unless you run with a premade.

Less roleplaying. Well as you said the "few" RP guilds and they are pretty small guilds at that.
That is just not the case? There is a heap of active roleplayers? And some of the Roleplaying guilds are pretty large, having surplus to twenty people at events and such? wouldn't really call that pretty small.

As far as activity goes. This is the main problem, we don't have enough people on LC.
Yes, that is why we are having transfers. I'm not debating that point?

Please stop this "we chose an RP server" nonsense as well. You didn't choose an RP server. You chose an RP-PVP server being fully aware what the difference is and what it all would entail.
That said difference being that I could occasionally kill a person in the open world every now and then? I don't see what relevance that really has on the argument? The matter of the fact is that some people come here because it's a Roleplaying server and they like PvP, and as stated by Kiyosa, Bioware just seem to completely ignore the fact it's a RP-PvP, by only giving options to the PvP side of the two.

Though that is enough of that, you know what they say about arguing on the internet, so letís just see what Bioware does, if anything about the problem.

Adiari
06.21.2012 , 09:18 AM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
And what do you expect them to do? If not enough people want to play on an RP PVP sevrer then there isn't much Bioware can do about it. You are just a part of a small minority so you'll either have to give up the "RP" title on your server, or deal with a very small population.
Have it so you can go to either Tomb or Protaginator? It's a rather simple solution =p

Scalarik
06.21.2012 , 09:18 AM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiyosa View Post
... RP'ers at the moment aren't even sure whether they should laugh their butts off or cry their eyes out.
Exactly how I feel at the moment. I am happy Bioware did something, I'm happy most people got out of this mess now. But that leaves us, the RP'ers totally out of the picture.

Would it really have been that hard to put up two destinations?

Chegwedtch
06.21.2012 , 09:18 AM | #377
Well at least something is being done (finally) but i have to complain still as your only catering to one side of the Lord Calypho community. Not everyone wants to play on a PVP server over and RP one. Is it just that your unable to open multiple transfer routes at one time or something? Thats the only explination i can think of for you to only open up one transfer destination. Sure a whole bunch of people are going to jump and move to a server where they have to wait 10 minutes before they can play, good for them. But what about the rest of us? We have to sit here and die with the server? At least give us some free gametime while we have to sit here with our thumbs up our asses being unable to do anything.

Lots of Love xoxo

Kiyosa
06.21.2012 , 09:19 AM | #378
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradivus View Post
I'm an RP'er an I'm SO happy about the transfer. You can be sure that there will be enough RPers transferred to Tomb and you'll be able to continue your stories there. Not a problem.
No, not really. Perhaps -you- can be sure, but I can't be. It's like telling me I should be sure to find cheese when going to the butcher. Wat? It's a PVP server and PVP alone, no RP. Just like there's only meat and meat alone at the butcher's, no cheese. Common sense. Sure, you may always dream or wish that RP'ers would come there, but I highly doubt they will. All the fellow RP'ers I've talked to so far are not even considering a transfer. They're actually busy bruising their faces by facepalming.
Bleh...

Javes
06.21.2012 , 09:19 AM | #379
In the history of not making sense - I believe this server transfer destination-choice, just took the first place.

There's better be some one, somewhere sitting with a trollface at Bioware right now, rubbing his small fat hands together and cackling like the Emperor.
Ceyron - Sniper

Solitare_medic
06.21.2012 , 09:21 AM | #380
Quote: Originally Posted by Javes View Post
In the history of not making sense - I believe this server transfer destination-choice, just took the first place.

There's better be some one, somewhere sitting with a trollface at Bioware right now, rubbing his small fat hands together and cackling like the Emperor.
Yeah becuase nobody at all in this thread was asking for that....

OH WAIT...yeah pretty much most people where
Solitare-Jedi Sage
Kheldar-Smuggler
Ex of Lord Calypho RP-PVP Eu Server.
Now Tomb of Freedom Nadd