Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JeramieCrowe
06.19.2012 , 01:40 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
And how exactly would BW get to know "everything people say in the chat channels in the game"?
The same way they knew there were a LOT of people picking an AC by mistake before they implemented better explanations of the classes. They flagged certain keywords and saw a LOT of people saying in chat they they accidentally chose the wrong AC. And they acted on it. They have a tool that colates and gathers statements made in chat.

Pretty sure this topic has come up more than once or twice across all three servers.

I'm just saying that this thread is definitely not the only source of their information (nor should it be), and definitely does not the contain the majority of players on Lord Calypho.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Drom
06.19.2012 , 01:45 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I'm just saying that this thread is definitely not the only source of their information (nor should it be), and definitely does not the contain the majority of players on Lord Calypho.

majority of ppl of LC doesn't play anymore, you "expert"

it used to be good pvp server.
Dromfel, Imperial Agent (Operative lvl 50) | Imperator Mos | Sith Empire | Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU PvP server)

Twin
06.19.2012 , 01:52 PM | #203
The same way they knew there were a LOT of people picking an AC by mistake before they implemented better explanations of the classes. They flagged certain keywords and saw a LOT of people saying in chat they they accidentally chose the wrong AC. And they acted on it. They have a tool that colates and gathers statements made in chat.

Pretty sure this topic has come up more than once or twice across all three servers.

Oh if they have such a tool i welcome the usage of it, since i still think the result would be the same. The majority would want to transfer away to another server, be it RP or PVP.

In the end, i simply want BW to make a real statement now....they have delayed long enough and we really cant afford losing more ppl.
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln

JeramieCrowe
06.19.2012 , 01:55 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Drom View Post
majority of ppl of LC doesn't play anymore, you "expert"

it used to be good pvp server.
Umm... okay, man. Not sure what that has to do with my post, but uhh... ROCK ON!!
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Drom
06.19.2012 , 01:59 PM | #205
Umm... okay, man. Not sure what that has to do with my post, but uhh... ROCK ON!!
ok, example, I've got guild with about 20-30 people with active subs, but most of them don't play anymore and wait for transfers and I'm one of them. the rest about 5-10 are still in the game. Is that your majority?
Dromfel, Imperial Agent (Operative lvl 50) | Imperator Mos | Sith Empire | Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU PvP server)

JeramieCrowe
06.19.2012 , 02:04 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Drom View Post
ok, example, I've got guild with about 20-30 people with active subs, but most of them don't play anymore and wait for transfers and I'm one of them. the rest about 5-10 are still in the game. Is that your majority?
Yes. If there's 5-10 on the server for every one unique person posting here, that is, by definition, a majority.

JeramieCrowe
06.19.2012 , 02:25 PM | #207
Well, it's certainly not my intent to come across that way, and I certainly do empathize with the position BioWare has put you all in. I can tell you beyond doubt that even if I was on your server, I would be angry, too, yet I would still be encouraging you all to stay constructive, remain realistic, and to keep your heads about you because that yields better and faster results from BioWare. It really is in your best interest to keep from using hyperbole and insults.

Georg Zoeller even came out and said that once.

Ulran
06.19.2012 , 02:37 PM | #208
Well, it's certainly not my intent to come across that way, and I certainly do empathize with the position BioWare has put you all in. I can tell you beyond doubt that even if I was on your server, I would be angry, too, yet I would still be encouraging you all to stay constructive, remain realistic, and to keep your heads about you because that yields better and faster results from BioWare. It really is in your best interest to keep from using hyperbole and insults.

Georg Zoeller even came out and said that once.
Now whose insulting us.....? You seem to forgot that most of us have been reading all your posts on the thread and you may change tact but you go back into baiting mode fairly quickly. Most of us aren't goldfishs and therefore have a memory which is longer than 5 seconds, so you are not fooling anyone.

Bioware, his not on this server, his not effected, he doesn't have a vote and like most little gobsh... who have to stick their noses in other people's affairs his going to get a nasty surprise soon.

From someone who is on this server, and effected and therefore get's a vote, we have been waiting TWO WEEKS now, it's not unreasonable to have a solution with a timeframe by now. How some of you still have jobs really amazes me personally....
Xerxies Powertech Server: Lord Calypo RP-PVP EU

Rogoo
06.19.2012 , 02:52 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
Tbh, everyone on LC has 1 chance to voice their oppinion, and that is here. If they cant be bothered to take 5min to visit the forums then they cant really be too bothered about which direction the server goes either imo. This forum is the only viable source for feedback, unless they install an ingame poll (Which they should have done). But thats too late now.
^^This pretty much. This discussion has been going on ever since the transfers begun. That's more than enough time for everybody involved to voice their concerns.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Lord_Karsk
06.19.2012 , 02:59 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, as promised, I have a bit of an update. We are still examining this unique situation with the three European RP-PvP servers and we are working on various possible scenarios and what their impact will be. Rest assured that we will communicate to you as soon as we have the most optimal scenario. Thank you for your continued patience with this.
How long do you need to think ?