Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
06.18.2012 , 05:21 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
yes
because if u dont ask u don't receive, basic rule n 1 in this particular MMO and because ppl already post their thoughts on this matter
and because BW said they were going to give us asolution based on feedback
and because 1000 posts are ENOUGH FEEDBACK
no
I'm sorry, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but what you're basically saying is that the more times you or me post the exact same thing, the higher the chance you'll actually see results. Which is definitely not the case, otherwise we would've already seen results.

I never said we should not ask. After all that's what we've all been doing since page No1 of the previous thread. But qqing by repeating the same thing in every post in the most simplistic way (e.g. "we want transfers") is not a way of applying pressure on them.

Do you really think that a post that makes no sense, one that does not have anything to say will be read by anyone? I bet you that if I post "transfer us now" 50 times, much less people will read my post than if I express my ideas as to WHY they should do that and offering my/your/our opinion on HOW that should be done so that we may discuss it and most importantly they get to see what we tend to agree or disagree on.

Also, can you please link me to where Bioware said they would give us a solution based on "feeedback"? Because all I remember is them saying they are not promising anything but they do want to hear our OPINION (and not qq) on the matter.

But even if they did, mate, you got it all wrong..."transfer us now" is definitely not feedback.

As for the "people already expressed their opinion"...GOOD. That's the whole point. But do it once and then discuss other people's opinions if you wish.
You, me or anyone else writing the exact same thing over and over again does not count towards 1000 answers though and certainly makes no difference

What they have said in the past (which actually makes sense) is that if and when they see a post that doesn't make any sense, has no point or is based around "I feel" and "I want", they will naturally not take it into consideration because that's not criticism, advice and certainly not even remotely helpful in finding out what the community as a whole and not the individual wants.

I'm not trying to deny you your right to qq or write whatever you wish on a forum thread. But, mate, don't try to stop others from actually doing what COULD indeed help.

Groncho's Avatar


Groncho
06.18.2012 , 05:28 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
no
I'm sorry, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but what you're basically saying is that the more times you or me post the exact same thing, the higher the chance you'll actually see results. Which is definitely not the case, otherwise we would've already seen results.

I never said we should not ask. After all that's what we've all been doing since page No1 of the previous thread. But qqing by repeating the same thing in every post in the most simplistic way (e.g. "we want transfers") is not a way of applying pressure on them.

Do you really think that a post that makes no sense, one that does not have anything to say will be read by anyone? I bet you that if I post "transfer us now" 50 times, much less people will read my post than if I express my ideas as to WHY they should do that and offering my/your/our opinion on HOW that should be done so that we may discuss it and most importantly they get to see what we tend to agree or disagree on.

Also, can you please link me to where Bioware said they would give us a solution based on "feeedback"? Because all I remember is them saying they are not promising anything but they do want to hear our OPINION (and not qq) on the matter.

But even if they did, mate, you got it all wrong..."transfer us now" is definitely not feedback.

As for the "people already expressed their opinion"...GOOD. That's the whole point. But do it once and then discuss other people's opinions if you wish.
You, me or anyone else writing the exact same thing over and over again does not count towards 1000 answers though and certainly makes no difference

What they have said in the past (which actually makes sense) is that if and when they see a post that doesn't make any sense, has no point or is based around "I feel" and "I want", they will naturally not take it into consideration because that's not criticism, advice and certainly not even remotely helpful in finding out what the community as a whole and not the individual wants.

I'm not trying to deny you your right to qq or write whatever you wish on a forum thread. But, mate, don't try to stop others from actually doing what COULD indeed help.
after reading what u wrote i can't find any alternatives or ideas or what has already been proposed
Joveth asked for feedback, ppl gave him/her feedback

so basically i will post this

LC------------>PVP SERVER
LC------------>RP-PVE SERVER

and i DO want and aswer or ETA
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

vandana_'s Avatar


vandana_
06.18.2012 , 05:29 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
What they have said in the past (which actually makes sense) is that if and when they see a post that doesn't make any sense, has no point or is based around "I feel" and "I want", they will naturally not take it into consideration because that's not criticism, advice and certainly not even remotely helpful in finding out what the community as a whole and not the individual wants.
I agree with everything you said Nahash except I would think that posts like "I feel I'm being treated like a second category customer" and "I think this is unacceptable" made by different people should be helping and Bioware should do something seeing these kind of posts. They just seem not to care at all.
V'ox

Rogoo's Avatar


Rogoo
06.18.2012 , 05:32 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
...which we are going to achieve by reposting "we want a transfer now" every 10 minutes?

They asked for our opinions. It stands to reason that someone would try and explain why they chose an RP-PVP server, what they are willing to let go and what they're looking for in a possible transfer. On the off chance Bioware actually cares about what we want and they are reading this thread, wouldn't it be more helpful to them if we stated what we want and why we want it?
What we want has been pretty much stated and even counted at one point.

A choice between:

RP-PvP -> PvP
RP-PvP -> RP-PvE

and some people would like

RP-PvP -> PvE

Sums it all up.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Sylin's Avatar


Sylin
06.18.2012 , 05:41 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by joeypesci View Post
And if you'd actually bothered to go back and read the yellow name responses, you'll see they were basically saying it wasn't going to happen, until a "paid system" came in.
I did read them, and they basically didn't say that. Joveth's latest post said absolutely nothing of the sort. It said they were working on it, and hoped to have more info after the weekend.

Translation: they are working on it, not ignoring it. And "after the weekend" does not mean first thing Monday morning, but when they actually have something to report.

Again, most of the people QQ'ing in here (and other threads) are basing their rage upon incomplete info or misinterpretations. That solves nothing and helps no one.

And since I did read the yellow posts, one thing I did see was a call for community suggestions on how to handle the matter. Out of hundreds of pages, I saw maybe a dozen thought-out, helpful responses. The rest was whining. Taking the time to formulate intelligent thoughts and constructive criticism would make the process go a lot faster because BW wouldn't have to sort through all the noise to find the signal.
[ [ [ S Y L I N ] ] ]
‎"I'm programmed to understand over 100 languages and dialects,
and in not one is the phrase "on fire" positive when referring to a person!"

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
06.18.2012 , 05:41 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
after reading what u wrote i can't find any alternatives or ideas or what has already been proposed
Joveth asked for feedback, ppl gave him/her feedback

so basically i will post this

LC------------>PVP SERVER
LC------------>RP-PVE SERVER

and i DO want and aswer or ETA
We all do.
And if you ask me, what you just wrote is much more helpful. You see what I mean? I can agree or disagree with you on what you just said, people can post their thoughts on the matter and Bioware can actually see what the majority considers fair. Not everyone will be satisfied of course, but you can never satisfy each and every person.

Quote: Originally Posted by vandana_ View Post
I agree with everything you said Nahash except I would think that posts like "I feel I'm being treated like a second category customer" and "I think this is unacceptable" made by different people should be helping and Bioware should do something seeing these kind of posts. They just seem not to care at all.
And you are absolutely right. They should take into consideration that people who have been playing (and paying) the game are now feeling like they are being treated unfairly. And it definitely is absurd that they do not even take the time to tell us "guys, we are working on it, please show a little patience and we'll resolve this asap". That's the oldest trick in the book of how to at least buy some time until you come up with a solution.
And unfortunately, I agree that at this point they do not seem to care about us at all. I get why they do not care about us as much as they do for the rest of the servers, I get why we are "special" but that does not change the fact that we are not being treated equally.

Groncho's Avatar


Groncho
06.18.2012 , 05:59 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylin View Post
I did read them, and they basically didn't say that. Joveth's latest post said absolutely nothing of the sort. It said they were working on it, and hoped to have more info after the weekend.

Translation: they are working on it, not ignoring it. And "after the weekend" does not mean first thing Monday morning, but when they actually have something to report.

Again, most of the people QQ'ing in here (and other threads) are basing their rage upon incomplete info or misinterpretations. That solves nothing and helps no one.

And since I did read the yellow posts, one thing I did see was a call for community suggestions on how to handle the matter. Out of hundreds of pages, I saw maybe a dozen thought-out, helpful responses. The rest was whining. Taking the time to formulate intelligent thoughts and constructive criticism would make the process go a lot faster because BW wouldn't have to sort through all the noise to find the signal.
im sure they need more ppl like u in their staff
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

Rogoo's Avatar


Rogoo
06.18.2012 , 06:05 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylin View Post

And since I did read the yellow posts, one thing I did see was a call for community suggestions on how to handle the matter. Out of hundreds of pages, I saw maybe a dozen thought-out, helpful responses. The rest was whining. Taking the time to formulate intelligent thoughts and constructive criticism would make the process go a lot faster because BW wouldn't have to sort through all the noise to find the signal.
This is simply not true. At one point one poster even "counted the votes".

Do you really expect us to post the same thing over and over again ? It's been pretty clear so far what the community wants.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

nederfors's Avatar


nederfors
06.18.2012 , 06:08 PM | #99
I think they've had enough time to make up their minds at this point. All we've gotten so far are 2 messages from a community moderator asking us for input and telling us they're taking it into consideration. Meanwhile the general chat on fleet is filled with discontent and anger over the lack of information. Even a message saying there will be no transfer would be better then the silence we're experiencing at the moment.

Imagine a new player coming to LC, enjoying the game and leveling up to around lvl 10. He/She arrives at fleet and sees everyone bashing the server and BW. How inspired do you think he'll be to keep playing on the server or for that matter the game at all. Now that they've started free trials this is even more important since those 1 week players will not even bother to buy the game. What you're doing to LC right now is disaterous to the server and all we're asking for is a simple answer to or questions.

Is this happening or are we gonna keep beeing ignored?
If you're seriously considering it, what are you thinking?
If there is a problem giving us 2 options for destination, is it technical or is it considered unfair to other servers?
Is there any kind of timeframe we can be given on a defenite answer?

Those who had a lvl 50 character at the 1.2 update recieved 30 days free gametime because the ranked pvp feature was missing in that update. I think this indesition on BWs part is a far more serious problem for the players and personally I belive the time has come for us to start demanding extra gametime for the time we keep getting ignored. Right now we're paying full price for an incomplete product.
If this happened with most other products people would be lining up demanding refunds, but since this is a computer game and the audience is younger then in avarage the customers are less likely to know what they can demand and actually damanding it. The younger audience get bored and simply quit and choose to spend their money elswhere in the future.

My subscription is running out tomorrow and I have no plans to renew it. Maybe I'll be back in a few month, maybe I won't. I'm bored and simply quitting and choosing to spend my money elswhere in the future.

Good luck to all the players who hang in there and last of all I want to thank BW for 6 months of great gaming with an awesome game and I regret that it came to a end like this.

nederfors's Avatar


nederfors
06.18.2012 , 06:17 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylin View Post
I did read them, and they basically didn't say that. Joveth's latest post said absolutely nothing of the sort. It said they were working on it, and hoped to have more info after the weekend.

Translation: they are working on it, not ignoring it. And "after the weekend" does not mean first thing Monday morning, but when they actually have something to report.
Interpretation: they might be working on it, they may be ignoring us. And "after the weekend" is infact monday and for your information it's not morning anymore ... it's tuesday, but they haven't reported anything so far so why start now.