Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] why no companion Crit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] why no companion Crit

Niddhog
06.20.2012 , 11:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
well, for cybertech, until 1.2 (IIRC when they added a second mod on a crit... it wasn't there at release) the only benefit cybertech got from critting was an extra grenade (I think).

Probably why nobody really cared there was no crit bonus previously. (and why there wasn't one)
They woul still get augment slots on earpieces. 1.2 did add that all items that coudln't get an augment would provide double on a crit.

My point was that out of 2 skills that lacked any crit, cyber got a +5 crit sensor from the upgrade droid, artifice got nothing. Artifice makes hilts/enhancements/sabers/offhands.... all of which could benefit from crit. Cyber got a hand, artifice shafted.

And yes, us cyber/artifice cared back then. I was making offhands for the guild pre 1.2... crit crafted lvl 50 offhands.

GnatB
06.20.2012 , 01:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Niddhog View Post
They woul still get augment slots on earpieces. 1.2 did add that all items that coudln't get an augment would provide double on a crit.
Yeah, you're right. Somehow earpieces had completely slipped my mind. (which is odd, since they're probably the most profitable item my cybertech sells right now)

Curiously, ship parts (and speeders) don't get an extra when they crit, and I'd argue they should. It's all percentages anyways. Critting 15% on a mod that takes 8 mats (or w/e) vs critting 15% on a spaceship 9that takes 35 or whatever) is still giving you the same % of extra "free" mats over the long haul.

SkuzBukit
06.20.2012 , 09:08 PM | #13
Critting on crafting of speeders could refund some of the materials rather than an extra speeder.

Droid Armor has a few issues, for one thing any Armoring with a slot-restriction, e.g. Arm or Leg cannot be inserted into a Droid Armor of the comparable slot, that restriction is present for all of the high-level Armoring, which creates an imbalance between Droid & regular companions gearing upgrade options.
Mercenary 55 | Assassin 50 | Marauder 50 | Sniper 50 | Operative 55 | Sorcerer 55 | Powertech 51 | Juggernaut 55
Gunslinger 55 | Guardian 55 | Sage 55 | Vanguard 55 | Scoundrel 27 | Commando 22 | Sentinel 22 | Shadow 21

RattyRattail
06.21.2012 , 09:54 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SkuzBukit View Post
Critting on crafting of speeders could refund some of the materials rather than an extra speeder.

Droid Armor has a few issues, for one thing any Armoring with a slot-restriction, e.g. Arm or Leg cannot be inserted into a Droid Armor of the comparable slot, that restriction is present for all of the high-level Armoring, which creates an imbalance between Droid & regular companions gearing upgrade options.
I've brought this up before on the forums, and no one seemed to pay much attention to it. I was trying to gear out SCORPIO with some columi/rakata gear when I discovered that the armorings would not move over.
Makoan Legacy (Jedi Covenant)
Javán - 55 Sniper | Dhiya - 55 Shadow
Cáde - 55 Gunslinger | Nermall - 55 Assassin

denpic
06.21.2012 , 09:14 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaroneus View Post
Lord Scourge (Knight companion) has an artifice efficiency bonus.
Kira max affection has crit crafted 49 enhancements I received 2 only had the mats for 1
Its only happened once sofar

sithlordcory
06.22.2012 , 02:53 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaldromo View Post
I do not remember the details but I believe that there is a ship droid you can purchase stuff from. ONe of the things you can purchase from that droid allows your droid companion to get a crit and any skill you may not have. I believe it was in the notes for 1.2. I will try to find and update...

UPdate: Bingo... Quote from 1.2 patch notes:

•The C2 Droid Corporation and their competitors, the 2V Droid Corporation, have developed a series of new sensors for their products, the C2-N2 and 2V-R8, that significantly improve the Droids' Crew Skill efficiency and critical success chances. These products may be purchased via the Legacy Repair Astromech unit on the player's ship (once unlocked).
I specifically bought that on ship repair droid for 1 million credits so that i could give my 2v-r8 +2 artifice crit only to find out they only have +efficiency 0_0 . Hopefully when 1.3 is released they will add it to the repair droid but with my luck that probably wont happen. Bioware Please Please add +artifice crit option to my astromech repair droid!
Officer of
Prophecy
PvE Raiding Guild

vermura
01.11.2013 , 04:44 PM | #17
Yeah it's a little strange that there is no +artifice critical companion. IMHO, Khem Vhal should be changed from efficiency to +5% critical bonus and the droid sensor should similarly be changed from efficiency to +2% critical bonus. Problem solved.

As it is, I currently have the following crafting setup:
Jedi Sage, Cybertech with +5% crit from droid.
Jedi Guardian, Synthweaving with +5% crit from Kira Carsen
Vanguard, Armormech with +5% crit from Tanno Vik
Scoundrel, Armstech with +5% crit from Corso Riggs

Armstech is the one I'm currently working on, the others are already at 400 with 10k affection and legacy crit buff to boot.

Something else too, Empire doesn't have equivalent to Corso Riggs or Tanno Vik - the only imperial critical companion that compared is Jaesa Willsaam who has +5 synthweaving critical, mirroring Kira Carsen. It thus seems fair to me, that if a +5% critical to artifice companion was available, it should be on the imperial side, with the logical choice being khem vhal.
The Bastion Seraphic Nexus
My toons and their Valor Rank: Setx 100, Sety ~70, Arikall ~80, Arikal ~70, Arikill ~60, Arikrule ~70, Lolgasm ~60, Arikell ~70.
Dark Age of Camelot: Vermura - Midgaard Kay - Realm Rank 10 Healer