Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] why no companion Crit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] why no companion Crit

gyveruk
06.18.2012 , 09:46 AM | #1
why is it that there is no companion in the whole game that has a artifice Crit +, as all the other craft skill have a companion somewhere in the game that has a crit + for the craft skill....

Kaldromo
06.18.2012 , 11:27 AM | #2
I do not remember the details but I believe that there is a ship droid you can purchase stuff from. ONe of the things you can purchase from that droid allows your droid companion to get a crit and any skill you may not have. I believe it was in the notes for 1.2. I will try to find and update...

UPdate: Bingo... Quote from 1.2 patch notes:

•The C2 Droid Corporation and their competitors, the 2V Droid Corporation, have developed a series of new sensors for their products, the C2-N2 and 2V-R8, that significantly improve the Droids' Crew Skill efficiency and critical success chances. These products may be purchased via the Legacy Repair Astromech unit on the player's ship (once unlocked).

Wingblaze
06.18.2012 , 11:54 AM | #3
You are incorrect. Yes, those items are available for purchase, but none of those items provide a crit bonus to artificing.

As to the OP question, all I can say is "I wish I knew."

GnatB
06.18.2012 , 12:40 PM | #4
My suspicion? Back in Beta there was almost no real reason to want a crit bonus for artifice.

I'll admit I only started artifice relatively recently, but as I understand it originally when the game came out the crystals, enhancements, and hilts didn't benefit from crits. only the focii and generators.

Rhaphael
06.19.2012 , 07:48 AM | #5
It has been rumored that the HK-51 droid had Artifice Crit +2% and Cybertech Crit +2%. That was in beta when he was still rumored to be on Hoth I think. As everyone knows he didn't make it to live.

Now that he will come in the new expansion no one really knows what his bonuses will be, but it could be they kept the original bonus. Or maybe they changed it, we won't know until more info about the expansion is given.

Niddhog
06.19.2012 , 09:09 AM | #6
IIRC cybertech lacked any +crit companions until 1.2 The droid actually sells a +5 cyber crit sensor.

GnatB
06.19.2012 , 12:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Niddhog View Post
IIRC cybertech lacked any +crit companions until 1.2 The droid actually sells a +5 cyber crit sensor.
well, for cybertech, until 1.2 (IIRC when they added a second mod on a crit... it wasn't there at release) the only benefit cybertech got from critting was an extra grenade (I think).

Probably why nobody really cared there was no crit bonus previously. (and why there wasn't one)

Aaroneus
06.19.2012 , 02:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by gyveruk View Post
why is it that there is no companion in the whole game that has a artifice Crit +, as all the other craft skill have a companion somewhere in the game that has a crit + for the craft skill....
Lord Scourge (Knight companion) has an artifice efficiency bonus.
Xterra - Sniper <Nothing-Personal>

uniz
06.19.2012 , 03:25 PM | #9
i have to agree with the op on this one. even if the only thing that benefits is the off hands it is still comparable to the ear and grenade only cybertech which has one. btw who makes and uses grenades anyways?

the legacy droid items are very biased in my opinion as the crew skills that need a +5 dont but the ones that dont do. perhaps it is still incomplete and in the future more will be added. we can only hope.

Spaj
06.19.2012 , 03:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaroneus View Post
Lord Scourge (Knight companion) has an artifice efficiency bonus.
Khem Val also has efficiency bonus but all that does is saves time (I.e. they do it faster) it does not affect critical rate at all. Its common for people to assume efficiency = crit. Sadly it does not.

There is no artifice crit in game for companions.
Shanque