Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do the sugesstion threads matter?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do the sugesstion threads matter?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lexiekaboom
06.18.2012 , 03:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Far from it! We do read the suggestions forum frequently to get a better idea of what players are asking for! We're not often able to comment about what might be coming in the future (and suggestions, by their nature, are mostly related to future content), which means we may post less in suggestion threads. However, we are definitely always reading it and the other forums to get information about what players want!
Can you show us an example?

Just highlight the post, including date, and when that suggestion was added into the game or what game addition was directly modified due to that suggestion.

As it's happening all the time, it shouldn't be hard for you to find just one single example. We'll wait.

Fubarge
06.18.2012 , 03:39 PM | #12
I have been to that forum, and i dont read ALL the posts. Quite frankly, alot of people have bad idea's.

Persuade
06.18.2012 , 03:48 PM | #13
Ok, heres the thing, the have all of these transfers going on, with Destination servers and Origin servers. If you make a server a Destination server. Why the heck do you only allow certain servers to transfer it. My server was Sith Wyrm, recently added to the Origin list. My current server is The Harbinger. Why won't you let me transfer to The Harbinger from Sith Wyrm. We have to be allowed a choice on destination servers cause you don't know if we play on a preticular server or not. My tank is on Sith Wyrm while my entire guild moved to Harbinger. LET ME MOVE MY TANK OVER!!

Lord_Ravenhurst
06.18.2012 , 03:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Fubarge View Post
Quite frankly, alot of people have bad idea's.
True.. I'm still looking for the suggestion that spaceships should leave the planet when you click the door.
Also the one suggestion that companions should vanish when you ride in a two seated taxi. And my all time favourite: Beaming effect on quicktravel and waving to an invisible shuttle you never see.

Maaruin
06.18.2012 , 03:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by lexiekaboom View Post
Can you show us an example?

Just highlight the post, including date, and when that suggestion was added into the game or what game addition was directly modified due to that suggestion.

As it's happening all the time, it shouldn't be hard for you to find just one single example. We'll wait.
I have two examples of threads where the things suggested were implemented. Of course that doesn't proof that these specific threads were responsible for this, but as someone mentioned, they can't say that or they would have to pay the poster for his idea.

Here are they:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=210259 (Re-spec is free now, if I remember correctly)
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=209722 (You can search for specific armor slots on the GTN, if I remember correctly. If the poster didn't make a mistake, it wasn't possible at first.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Stevlol
06.18.2012 , 04:08 PM | #16
Respeccing is not free. It's free once a week.
http://www.youtube.com/stevlul
"To experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly, now that is very hard to do."
Fired-Brutalize

Maaruin
06.18.2012 , 04:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Stevlol View Post
Respeccing is not free. It's free once a week.
But it wasn't at the beginning. So they saw that some suggested it and others didn't want it and tried to implement something that pleases both sides.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

thominoh
06.18.2012 , 04:13 PM | #18
Frankly I doubt they read ALL, but sure do ignore most all post.. IMO the only post they ever respond or idea are ones that are already in the pipe.. It makes it look like the community had input.. I have read countless great ideas to make this game better, and NOTHING from the company..

Shingara
06.18.2012 , 04:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
But it wasn't at the beginning. So they saw that some suggested it and others didn't want it and tried to implement something that pleases both sides.
Forgive me if im wrong on this but it always went up if i did alot of respecs and the longer i left it between respecs the lower the price went until it finally hit zero again, i think they just adjusted the time for a retune back to zero.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Gungan
06.18.2012 , 04:30 PM | #20
I feel like the suggestion forums are a giant 20 foot turd pile with 5 gems mixed into it. How do they find the gems?