Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any way to change your Legacy Name?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Any way to change your Legacy Name?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Brutal_Skillz
06.17.2012 , 10:43 PM | #1
I had a typo in my legacy name, is there any way to change it?

Dafpants
06.17.2012 , 10:53 PM | #2
You can try logging a ticket with CS. Good luck.
Duct tape is like The Force; it has a light said and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
While I always try to provide correct and meaningful information I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time.

lendarya
06.17.2012 , 11:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Dafpants View Post
You can try logging a ticket with CS. Good luck.
I just wanted to say you can try this but when I tried it they closed my ticket and never responded...
Officer of the republic guild The Womp Rats
Guild Leader of the empire guild The Bloodcrazed Wampas
www.thewomprats.info

zejaie
06.18.2012 , 03:53 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Brutal_Skillz View Post
I had a typo in my legacy name, is there any way to change it?
Yeah, I had the same problem with a toon's name. They most likely won't help you.
-What should I mentally prepare for as a new healer?
People thinking that you heal them out in spite of any **** they do!

Erevan_Kindelar
06.18.2012 , 04:36 AM | #5
If other players report your legacy name as a violation of the terms and conditions, you will be forced to change it. Other than that, the only mechanism I know of (assuming that submitting a ticket to the in-game support does not work) is dependent on your server being designated as one that you can transfer from - if you transfer to another server where your legacy name is already taken, you will be forced to change the name. However, that transfer option is a long shot, especially if your legacy name is a mis-spelling of the name you wanted.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

phfph
06.18.2012 , 07:45 AM | #6
Or if you can have your toon transwer to another server then you can change your legazy name.
That what happend to me,I pick wrong name as legazy , it was a repet of my toon name so it was not fun to have a double name nikita nikita

Beesodd
06.18.2012 , 07:53 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Brutal_Skillz,

Are you saying there was a typo made during a post-transfer Legacy rename? If this is the case, please create a ticket detailing the incident and we will investigate.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

PhoenixCorvus
06.18.2012 , 07:57 AM | #8
get a bunch of ppl to flag it as inappropriate .