Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

War Hero relics post 1.3 for PvE?

murshawursha
06.21.2012 , 12:38 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Basically, yes.

Fair point on the Warrior buff though; I didn't think about that.
Factoring the warrior buff only further proved your point, so yeah

For the record, the totals of a full set of augments in terms of healing:
Willpower = 35.28 bonus healing unbuffed, 38.90 buffed
Power = 42.84 bonus healing unbuffed, 44.98 buffed
18% difference unbuffed, 14% difference buffed

So you are right, the gap is larger for healing (18% and 14% for healing vs. 13% and 9% for damage). I'm not a healer, so I don't really have an opinion on whether that's worth it or not (though I still think I'd trend towards no unless you're completely ignoring crit). Definitely a bit more debatable though.

Aurojiin
06.21.2012 , 01:14 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by murshawursha View Post
So you are right, the gap is larger for healing (18% and 14% for healing vs. 13% and 9% for damage). I'm not a healer, so I don't really have an opinion on whether that's worth it or not (though I still think I'd trend towards no unless you're completely ignoring crit). Definitely a bit more debatable though.
Well, based on my spreadsheet calculations, at endgame gear levels going with Power augments over Willpower yields a slightly higher HPS increase. I'd have to check things through thoroughly before I stood by that though.

murshawursha
06.21.2012 , 01:33 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Well, based on my spreadsheet calculations, at endgame gear levels going with Power augments over Willpower yields a slightly higher HPS increase. I'd have to check things through thoroughly before I stood by that though.
I'm assuming you're a sorcerer since you used willpower as an example main stat

If I'm correct, are you taking the Will of the Sith talent in madness? That would change the main stat calcs just a tad.
Full set of augments = 252 willpower. Factoring in the SI buff and WotS, that would be increased by 11%, so 279.72, rounded to 280. That equates to 39.2 bonus healing, which increases to 41.16 once you factor in the SW buff. Power is still 42.84 before buffs, 44.98 after.

So in your case, you'd be looking at a difference of slightly less that 4 bonus healing across the whole set, which is ~9%. So really it just depends on how much you value crit. 1.29% crit vs. 4 bonus healing.

Aurojiin
06.21.2012 , 02:32 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by murshawursha View Post
I'm assuming you're a sorcerer since you used willpower as an example main stat

If I'm correct, are you taking the Will of the Sith talent in madness?
Yeah, Sage healer.

-Edit: and you're correct. Finally found the problem in my calculations.-

pureeffinmetal
06.21.2012 , 02:37 AM | #25
I knew there was a math junkie around here somewhere to help my case.

DPS and Main Stat augments FTW
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

nikeportugal
06.30.2012 , 03:34 PM | #26
So being unable to keep up with all the math.

I still have a question.

Would it be better to equip 2 War Hero Proc Relics? How would that work? Would only ONE go off or BOTH go off every 4.5 seconds?

Would it be better to equip 2 War Hero Power based Relics??

Would it be best (assuming maybe that only one relic can proc at a time every 4.5 seconds) to have One of EACH??

I'm just trying to keep it simple 8p

Thanks very much guys... mainly i'm confused by the idea of equiping 2 WH relics that Proc.. it says they share the same cool down so i'm thinking maybe that means only one procs at a time so it would be worthless to have two.. then again maybe power is better overall..

What would you guys recommend?

Aetou
06.30.2012 , 03:46 PM | #27
I actually think that it is necessary to at least carry a (augmented) Campaign Power relic even if you don't have it equipped for every fight. As a DD only some fights need it but as a Healer I find that 300ish extra power for the 30s I really need it is better than 100 extra power during the minute or so when I don't. Damage spikes happen, people make a mistake and stand in something stupid occasionally... having both a Triage Adrenal and a Power Relic makes it much easier to cope with them. Similarly for tanks having in effect an extra defensive cooldown is probably better than not having it and decreasing the damage you personally take all the time even when it isn't needed.

Larry_Dallas
06.30.2012 , 04:33 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by nikeportugal View Post
So being unable to keep up with all the math.

I still have a question.

Would it be better to equip 2 War Hero Proc Relics? How would that work? Would only ONE go off or BOTH go off every 4.5 seconds?
No. The effects don't stack like that. If you have, for instance, 1 that does elemental and 1 that does internal, it's an either/or thing available every 4.5 seconds. They're redundant.

Quote:
Would it be better to equip 2 War Hero Power based Relics??

Would it be best (assuming maybe that only one relic can proc at a time every 4.5 seconds) to have One of EACH??
It's probably going to vary by class and spec. Anything that's DoT heavy (balance sage, for instance) would probably benefit most by equipping a CAMPAIGN proc relic and a War Hero relic of boundless ages (reason being the campaign relic gives more endurance and the expertise in the war hero relic counts for nothing in a raid).

But anything with burst (and probably healers), I'm thinking would be better served with two War Hero relics of boundless ages. That's what I plan to use on my carnage marauder, anyway.