Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you Defeat the Emperor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
How do you Defeat the Emperor?

Azurian
06.16.2012 , 09:11 PM | #1
Spoiler

Eillack
06.16.2012 , 09:13 PM | #2
If I didn't know about this already from being here sinse Beta...I'd say you just posted one of the bigger spoilers in the game.

Use the
Spoiler
tags please before you ruin it for the newer players.

Azurian
06.16.2012 , 09:22 PM | #3
I think the title already did it, but if you got some advice I like to hear it. Because I've just spent my entire savings fighting this guy. And it's beyond frustrating.

Ranadiel_Marius
06.17.2012 , 05:40 AM | #4
If he is one-shotting you then he is is using the Voice of the Emperor ability. Use an interupt ability on the main body to stop the attack.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

BenjaminminU
06.17.2012 , 09:02 AM | #5
I believe there is a puzzle on dromund kaas somewhere that gives a full set of gear for T7, its level appropriate greens but i missed it when i went through.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Darka
06.17.2012 , 06:23 PM | #6
Interrupt
He has a big cast time for Force bomb
You will have him targetted when he calls his followers
Its about 10 seconds, just use anything to interrupt him

Same way you beat other bosses
Also cycle your defensive buffs, and a timely health pack is doable,

Darka
06.17.2012 , 06:25 PM | #7
Also T7 has little to no effect on the fight.
Im unsure why he is even there TBH

SupremeLegate
06.18.2012 , 05:12 AM | #8
The way I beat him was to bring a Vanguard and a psycho bug. This is one fight I am not looking forward too when I level my new Knight. As for T7, yeah he's completely useless.

Oggthebase
06.18.2012 , 05:38 AM | #9
you're probably close to 50 or even 50, so if you're in need of money I'll give you the same advice as I did a friend: go do a few dailies (Ilum, Belsavis or Corellia Black Hole). You'll earn a lot of money for the time invested (you DON'T have to do all the dailies, just pick the ones that are fast and easy to complete) and daily commendations that will allow you to purchase epic quality armoring and hilt in a few days (they only cost 8 commendations each).

Also, did you notice the little puzzle in the dark temple? If you complete it, you'll obtain a full set of moddable gear (green quality) for T7. It's enough for the fight or you can mod it if you want with better quality mods/augments.

And last but not least, for the fight itself, do as the above posters wrote:
- keep your focus on the real emperor
- interrupt
- use your heroic moment and your cooldowns

It's supposed to be difficult, it's an epic fight with the Emperor. With the difficulty comes the sense of toppling a mountain.

Fantazm
06.18.2012 , 09:35 AM | #10
Interrupt interrupt interrupt interrupt interrupt interrupt interrupt interrupt interrupt.

Interrupt.

and do the puzzle thingy that gets you the T7 gear too.

I hated this fight and almost threw all my toys out of the pram doing it. Managed to kill him on my 4th attempt and it was a massive anti-climax because I was so busy checking for that one-shot ability that I never noticed I'd killed him until it was all over. Annoying really because the rest of the JK story I enjoyed.