Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cons Male Voice

Ignobull
06.16.2012 , 02:22 PM | #1
Anybody else hate the voice acting for the male cons?

Sepyuff
06.17.2012 , 01:03 AM | #2
I don't know, the voice seems to fit just right if you are playing a lightsider. Though if you go darkside . . . . um, it doesn't fit right.

JMarchini
06.17.2012 , 09:00 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sepyuff View Post
I don't know, the voice seems to fit just right if you are playing a lightsider. Though if you go darkside . . . . um, it doesn't fit right.
Agreed. I like the male voice quite a bit, Nolan North did a great job. Way better than the female voice, who sounds like she has no emotion whatsoever.

z-monty
06.17.2012 , 09:48 AM | #4
I kinda felt the same way about the male voice in that it really didn't sound all that good. Not to say the actor didn't do a good job, but it just didn't seem to fit right. I found that the way to "fix" this is to simply make your toon look older. Maybe toss in a beard on the greying side on the toon, and suddenly the voice fits perfectly. I guess for a Jedi "politician", the voice fits pretty well to the role.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
No, I'm not a big fan of the Queen or Royal Family, but yes, I do love tea.
Well played CS... well played

prettyfiendish
06.17.2012 , 10:27 AM | #5
Yeah it really put me off for some reason. I re-rolled my Sage as a woman actually and it's much better.

MongooseEpsilon
06.17.2012 , 11:42 AM | #6
I agree with the comments that making the character look a little older is important. My consular was bearded and wore a hooded robe for the entire game and the voice fit perfectly. The early levels were a little odd, since he looked and felt too old to be a Padawan, but for a Jedi Knight or Master, the look and voice fit perfectly.

Darth_Dreselus
06.17.2012 , 11:46 AM | #7
The Jedi way is to Serve!

Wanna kill myself every time I hear that

Also anyone else thing Nolan had cold when he did 1.2, he sounds completely different.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

ToEasy
06.17.2012 , 12:03 PM | #8
I don't have a problem with the male voice. Though when I chose a darkside option it just didn't sound right.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Aehgo
06.18.2012 , 08:53 AM | #9
Yeah its very annoying when your a padawan,I rerolled my sage like 6 times,switching from male to female but none of them felt like they suited the voice.
In the end I just went with Zabrak male with the spiky hair and went light side,once you finish act one the voice sort of grows on you.

Alpine
06.18.2012 , 02:10 PM | #10
His voice is fine. It's the Jedi Knights voice that I dislike the most. Doesn't fit at all with that type of character.
A'lpine * Prophecy of the Five