Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To those who have been transferred: worth it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
To those who have been transferred: worth it?

LTXGroundzero
06.15.2012 , 11:18 PM | #1
(This seems like the place to ask this question, but I'm sorry in advance if it isn't) To those who have been transferred: does the game feel reinvigorated? Is it "new" and fun again? My sub ends on Sunday, and I would like to know if I should pay for a whole month just to try the experience of the new server (mine hasn't been selected for transfer yet, and with no new ones coming this weekend it looks like I'm hung out to dry)?
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. I am all things, and yet I am nothing. In the end I belong to neither the light nor the darkness. I will forever stand alone."
--The Force shall set me free.--

Flyceratops
06.15.2012 , 11:25 PM | #2
It is definitely worth it. PvP is actually possible, the fleet has 200-400 people on it at all times, it's easy to find groups for things, and the game is overall more social and just plain more fun.

It completely reinvigorated the game for me - it doesn't feel 'new' per se (I've spent hundreds of hours of playing it thus far), but it feels fun and not at all like work (like it does if you have no one to group with).

I was on Lord Adraas before I moved to The Ebon Hawk, and PvP was available, but most other things weren't because of its relatively small population (it being the first or second most populated RP server - it still had almost no real population though.).

Pay the $15 for the month; if you like it, it's obviously worth it, and if you don't like it you lost like thirty cents per day of subscription, so it's not that big of a deal anyway. ($15 is a lot to me because I don't have a job right now (which isn't THAT big of a deal since I live with my parents), but not so much that it's not worth a month of time for a game that has a good chance of being absurdly fun.).
The <Sand Panthers> Guild is now recruiting all Rep levels/classes on The Ebon Hawk!
We are a guild focused on RPing and ops, with the goal of having a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere with as few rules as possible, allowing for reasonable freedom of expression in a mature environment.

flsoccerchamps
06.15.2012 , 11:26 PM | #3
Honestly you should resub because the game feels so much more alive again being on a full server. I was thinking of unsubbing but waited out till transfers and now im very happy.

deecee
06.15.2012 , 11:41 PM | #4
Totally worth it!

Instant PVP queues at all times of the day, nice to be on a populated server.

I had unsubbed a week ago and my sub was going to run out on monday.

I resubbed tonight and am looking forward to 1.3

siriusblaque
06.15.2012 , 11:42 PM | #5
Actually I'll pipe in with a different take. Depends on what you want from the game. I am not into PVP at all. Flashpoints and Operations are more of a bonus. I play the game for the story, for the Star Wars story line for my character, which is why I have always played and preferred BW games. Until now that has been their forte. But I am faced with a choice. Play on a server with such a low population that I can't have access to the bonuses I want, or play on a server that is so ridiculously crowded that no real RPG experience is possible. I switched to a RP server to avoid the "your gay", "your mom", crowd. To me that is not social interaction and detracts from my game experience. I wanted KOTOR but on a grander scale.
Bottom line is that if you are into the whole PVP and repeatedly doing the same quest then yes the game has been "invigorated" in that it is much easier to do now. If you are here for the story then we are back to square one. I left the server I was on (Dresdae Cantina) for an RP server because I didn't like the massive crowds. My RP server basically died so I went back to DC. By this point the pop there had dropped dramatically. Boils down to the squeaky wheel getting the grease. Everyone that is complaining is the whole PVP /Ops crowd. The game is now theirs. Lots of people, easy for the PVP que, easy to make FP groups for all the 50's that have no story line to follow. For those of us that wanted to play Star Wars, well we get to have three people on speeders run us over while we are fighting a mob cause that is kinda funny and social. Or have someone come in and take the crystal resource while you fight the mob that was by it because well that is social and fun.
Now that my server was "transferred" I have a choice of playing single on a dead server or cancelling my sub. I think I will just go buy Mass Effect 3 and play single and let the PVPers have their game. It just isn't what this old KOTOR vet expected.
My sub was cancelled today.
Squadron 367 11-11-11 Beta Test

"I believe in the democratization of fear" Darth Jadus

McNutty_
06.15.2012 , 11:43 PM | #6
yes it is awesome. feels like when i first got the game

Darth_Victus
06.15.2012 , 11:45 PM | #7
Yes it is worth it.

Given you may have to change your name and/or legacy name, But depending on how you feel about character names, its a pretty small price to pay.

Jadenfango
06.15.2012 , 11:52 PM | #8
I transfered, and i feel like the game has given me a second wind so to speak. The GTN is alive, with over 100 pages of each armor type. Constant conversation on the fleet. Different people. It feels like an MMO should feel; social.

Badonkastomp
06.16.2012 , 12:04 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by siriusblaque View Post
Actually I'll pipe in with a different take. Depends on what you want from the game. I am not into PVP at all. Flashpoints and Operations are more of a bonus. I play the game for the story, for the Star Wars story line for my character, which is why I have always played and preferred BW games. Until now that has been their forte. But I am faced with a choice. Play on a server with such a low population that I can't have access to the bonuses I want, or play on a server that is so ridiculously crowded that no real RPG experience is possible. I switched to a RP server to avoid the "your gay", "your mom", crowd. To me that is not social interaction and detracts from my game experience. I wanted KOTOR but on a grander scale.
Bottom line is that if you are into the whole PVP and repeatedly doing the same quest then yes the game has been "invigorated" in that it is much easier to do now. If you are here for the story then we are back to square one. I left the server I was on (Dresdae Cantina) for an RP server because I didn't like the massive crowds. My RP server basically died so I went back to DC. By this point the pop there had dropped dramatically. Boils down to the squeaky wheel getting the grease. Everyone that is complaining is the whole PVP /Ops crowd. The game is now theirs. Lots of people, easy for the PVP que, easy to make FP groups for all the 50's that have no story line to follow. For those of us that wanted to play Star Wars, well we get to have three people on speeders run us over while we are fighting a mob cause that is kinda funny and social. Or have someone come in and take the crystal resource while you fight the mob that was by it because well that is social and fun.
Now that my server was "transferred" I have a choice of playing single on a dead server or cancelling my sub. I think I will just go buy Mass Effect 3 and play single and let the PVPers have their game. It just isn't what this old KOTOR vet expected.
My sub was cancelled today.
I'm a bit puzzled by this entire post. You wanted to play for the story but don't want to play with others all that much...but you don't like your dead server because there is no people? I can understand you just wanting to buy the game, play through each classes story and then unsub. What was it you thoughtt you purchased? I'm not trying to be mean,I just don't get it.

JeramieCrowe
06.16.2012 , 12:07 AM | #10
Absolutely worth it.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight