Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LotR army VS SW army

Onahot
06.24.2012 , 05:44 AM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Of course the Force doesn't exist in LotR. And LotR magic doesn't exist in SW.
There you go,. argument over
The Red Eclipse
Onahot lvl 55 Sith Sorceror
Morgs lvl 55 Mercenary

Inzuher
06.24.2012 , 09:48 AM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
I noted several times that most of Middle Earth's armies would be roflstomped by regular SW armies. Only very few spots on middle earth have a chance. If you go from the end of the third age:

Lothlorien, Barad-Dur, maybe Isengard, maybe Rivendell, and with lots of luck some Dwarves in their mines and some Orcs in the mountains. They could repell the first, maybe the second attack and hope their planet isn't valuable enough so the Empire or Republic gives up then.

I don't know much about the Celestries, couldn't find them on Wookiepedia.

Morgoth's forces against the Rakata... probably the same as above: He might be able to repell an attack, but in the end the Rakata win, of course. Morgoth will end up in a mind trap.

Edit: Found the Celestials.

Edit2: The Celestials seem to be on the same level with the Valar (the Valar created sun, moon and some stars (planets, probably)), but there are much more Celestials than Valar.
Yeah sorry for misspelling the Celestials.

Btw letís make a little battle scenario just for fun

Darth Malak: "This search for the ring is taking too long Admiral, destroy the entire Middle Earth."

Admiral Saul: "Th, the... The entire Middle Earth Lord Malak? But my lord there are thousands of creatures on Middle Earth, including our own soldiers."

Darth Malak: "Your predecessor ones made the mistake of doubting my orders admiral, surely you're not foolish enough to commit the same mistake."

Admiral Saul: "No, no of course not Lord Malak, but it will require massive force to destroy the entire Middle Earth, we will need to gather the fleet."

Darth Malak: "Then I suggest you get to it Admiral."

24 hours later: BOOOOM, Middle Earth becomes the new Taris.

And we didnít even need the Death Star :O
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night, and silences the light.".

Maaruin
06.24.2012 , 03:49 PM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post
Yeah sorry for misspelling the Celestials.

Btw letís make a little battle scenario just for fun

Darth Malak: "This search for the ring is taking too long Admiral, destroy the entire Middle Earth."

Admiral Saul: "Th, the... The entire Middle Earth Lord Malak? But my lord there are thousands of creatures on Middle Earth, including our own soldiers."

Darth Malak: "Your predecessor ones made the mistake of doubting my orders admiral, surely you're not foolish enough to commit the same mistake."

Admiral Saul: "No, no of course not Lord Malak, but it will require massive force to destroy the entire Middle Earth, we will need to gather the fleet."

Darth Malak: "Then I suggest you get to it Admiral."

24 hours later: BOOOOM, Middle Earth becomes the new Taris.

And we didnít even need the Death Star :O
I said it, and I will say it again: There are spots on Middle Earth that can withstand an orbital bombardment.

Barad-Dur, Lothlorien, probably Isengard and Rivendell are protected by Magic. And some dwarven mines are probably too deep under the surface to be affected.

Quote: Originally Posted by Onahot View Post
There you go,. argument over
That's why I assume Force=magic. Magic users = Force sensitives.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark sideÖ Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hidÖ hid from those we had betrayed. We fellÖ and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Inzuher
06.24.2012 , 03:56 PM | #264
Oh yeah, you got a point Maaruin , guess that just means we need the Death Star afterall ;D.

Btw I support your magic users = force sensitivity theory, it would make good sense if one considers the fact that the Nightsisters, among others, developed magic like abilities using the dark side.
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night, and silences the light.".

LordQordisz
06.24.2012 , 09:22 PM | #265
Illuvatar would intervene when the Valar call on Him.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

KingofFlares
06.24.2012 , 09:27 PM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Is any army in the LotR or Silmarillion story which could defeat SW's army?

I think SW's army got

Much more advanced technology

Battleships

The use of Force, especially battle mediation enhance the army even more

Superweapons like the Death Star

I guess unless they got some really powerful magic, otherwise they are no match for SW's army.
We have 10x more subs , Zerg Rush
Flares
Former Mandalorian Brotherhood Raid Leader
Sith Marauder
The weird guy who always say "challenge accepted"