Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 15th, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 15th, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aambed-khar
06.16.2012 , 02:48 PM | #31
Very excited and intrigued about the new companion! Galaxy spanning quests? New mechanics and cross faction necessary? Ooohhhh that sounds cool...
Keep making the game challenging and giving me reasons to log on folks... I'm having a blast!

Iggster
06.16.2012 , 04:20 PM | #32
I'm sorry but why even choose the questions which you will give the "sorry we're staying tight lipped on this" response.

I'm sure there are more questions out there that you can answer.

Nonoka
06.16.2012 , 10:56 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by RichyYoung View Post
Once again ignored my question on when they will increase the GTN listing time... Only asked every single time...

The HK 51 requirements suck big time, im republic not imperial... I will never roll an imp, the very fact that this game has two sides is a giant draw ... everyone picks a side. Forcing me to roll an imp just so im not behind everyone else in the game sucks...

If people want to roll both sides becuase thats what they want to do, thats completely there choice but dont force us to do it...
Please post a photo of one of the following:
1. A firearm to your forehead or
2. A knife to your throat or
3. An explosive vest strapped to your chest.

Until you can provide one of those, you cannot say that anyone is "forcing" you to do anything. Just because something is in the game does not mean you HAVE to have it.

daswookie
06.17.2012 , 04:07 AM | #34
My only real issue with 1.3 is smart aoe's for tanks. I'll admit I've never played an assassin or shadow tank but is it that hard to hold threat without using wither near cc'ed enemies?

JeramieCrowe
06.17.2012 , 10:11 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by daswookie View Post
My only real issue with 1.3 is smart aoe's for tanks. I'll admit I've never played an assassin or shadow tank but is it that hard to hold threat without using wither near cc'ed enemies?
It's an issue across the board. Read this.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Tarn_Sirun
06.17.2012 , 06:03 PM | #36
Kingofthebritons: In last weeks’ announcement, we learned that the level cap will be increased later this year. With this change in mind, will any changes be made to the current PvE endgame? For example, will the difficulties for Hard Mode Flashpoints and Operations be increased to match the new level? If not, could you explain why?

Daniel: We’re keeping a tight wrap on details about the level increase later this year until we’ve done far more testing. Right now we have plans and theories but no empirical numbers for what, if any adjustments will need to be made to PvE endgame content.

This right here is why most people dont care about these weekly Q&A sessions, you basically said: we are picking this question to answer so we can say 'we are not answering this question'

Dawginole
06.17.2012 , 10:37 PM | #37
Can you tell us if the Advanced Magenta War Hero schematic is in the game? Is it in the Lvl 6 PvP Crafting Boxes?
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Razdek
06.18.2012 , 03:54 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by split_light View Post
I'm not to keen on needing two characters from opposite factions to get HK-51. I play alternate factions on different servers. It already feels like I'm being punished legacywise for splitting my characters, but I felt it was worth it in order to gain the use of more character slots. Forcing me to create a character and play them up (twice actually, once for each faction) just to gain the new companion seems more annoying then anything else.
Yea players are being punished by making us roll on both factions. I hate the republic side... It is so lackluster and boring. It is their way of forcing us to play it to fix the imbalace in imp/republic faction numbers. Its an epic fail on biowares behalf. I mean really... Punish your player base to fix their problem? Now thats great customer service.

They better change this terrible requirement because it leaves sooo many people in the dark. Especially those who already have 8 char slots filled with one faction. Clearly no forethought or regard for their player base with rhis decision.

Rhoon
06.18.2012 , 05:53 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Razdek View Post
Yea players are being punished by making us roll on both factions. I hate the republic side... It is so lackluster and boring. It is their way of forcing us to play it to fix the imbalace in imp/republic faction numbers. Its an epic fail on biowares behalf. I mean really... Punish your player base to fix their problem? Now thats great customer service.

They better change this terrible requirement because it leaves sooo many people in the dark. Especially those who already have 8 char slots filled with one faction. Clearly no forethought or regard for their player base with rhis decision.
What Imbalance? Where's your stats and proof to back this up? Lets see the hard numbers you have from mining the SWTOR databases.

This is a reward for those who have taken the time to explore more of the game; not to punish those who have taken a narrow view of it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Emperor_Palpatine
"If one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace a larger view of the force"
Don't blame Bioware for your lack of vision.

LarryRow
06.18.2012 , 06:18 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Simply put, if a team loose a player then the opposite team should have the overflow put in a waiting room with a FIFO queue. It won't be either much fun for players waiting but it's an acceptable trade off especially because as soon as a team member dies he's replaced by one waiting.
This is the best solution in my opinion (did anyone else read into the answer that it's a good idea to force disconnect if you're losing to protect your rating?)

Anyway, the suggestion quoted here has already been proposed for solving the issue of uneven unranked WZ matches (less of an issue on merged servers). I think developing the "tech" for this would be a great asset to the game.