Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 15th, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 15th, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
06.15.2012 , 03:25 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

Please discuss this week's Community Q&A blog in this thread!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Unusualsuspect
06.15.2012 , 04:37 PM | #2
We need a character on both sides of the conflict to get HK-51? I really, really hope they're adding extra character slots sometime soon. I've got all 8 slots filled, and I'd rather not have to delete a character just to access new content. Any chance you'll at least allow something like, oh, 4 50s to bypass that requirement?

Also, why would the Devs worry about players stacking a single stat when Diminishing Returns already limits the effectiveness of that tactic?

psi_overtake
06.15.2012 , 04:44 PM | #3
Better than last week. Good job, guys
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

split_light
06.15.2012 , 04:46 PM | #4
I'm not to keen on needing two characters from opposite factions to get HK-51. I play alternate factions on different servers. It already feels like I'm being punished legacywise for splitting my characters, but I felt it was worth it in order to gain the use of more character slots. Forcing me to create a character and play them up (twice actually, once for each faction) just to gain the new companion seems more annoying then anything else.

rymah
06.15.2012 , 04:59 PM | #5
Regarding the Smart Healing response, Saying that "smarter placement" is required to maximize efficiency on Revivification and Kolto Missile is a mistake at best. Revivification hits 8 people which is more than sufficient in an 8-man operational setting, but Kolto Missile only hits 4 targets, as does Recuperative Nanotech. Neither of those abilities place a priority on lowest health, they just randomly pick 4 people and that's it. There does need to be a smart function component to these 2 heals in order to make them more effective in operations.
Minister of Propaganda, Deadly Shenanigans
Drooga's Pleasure Barge / Lord Praven / Squadron 238
The Shadowedsoul Legacy
~ immortalis imperator veneremur ~

MouseNoFour
06.15.2012 , 05:21 PM | #6
Really poor design in my opinion for the new companion.

And again Bioware will refuse to acknowledge they made a game design mistake screaming ''working as intended'' crap.

I expect the forums to be in uproar over this from now until the time when it goes live. And would bet real money Bioware will NOT change their mistake.

Vankris
06.15.2012 , 05:21 PM | #7
we learned that the level cap increase will happen later this year, well we sort of knew or guessed that one already.

we also learned that bw is looking for maybe doing some adjustment to end game to refect the level increase. adjustment would be made on content level and difficulty or on level item .

last but not least, we learn that bioware need empirical data to make those adjustment, that would sound like a beta, close or open, of the new level.

can't wait for more information on that subject, and nightmare denova as well
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

Rogoo
06.15.2012 , 05:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by split_light View Post
I'm not to keen on needing two characters from opposite factions to get HK-51.
Please embrace the concept of a "time sink". A basis foundation of ANY MMO out there. It's a very good design on their part (what I mean is that it's good for their BUSINESS). People WILL want it. And people WILL play alts.

I'm pretty sure than no amount of QQ is going to change that design choice.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

PlagaNerezza
06.15.2012 , 05:46 PM | #9
What is the plan to improve the pvp awards so that those of us who pvp can actually afford all the pvp gear and crafted things without doing pve content?

Background: The cost to get orange gear, mod your armor, and some other things that are almost certainly pvp orientated cost more money then I can generate by pvping alone. For instance it costs 44k to pull out a war hero mod. It costs me 147k for an augmented slot armor piece that was in the battlemaster set, which is fairly standard. The cost to buy stims and med packs is not cheap. Nor is leveling biochem if you want to offset those costs as opposed to buying from another player. The fact of my recent experience is that pure pvp players like myself who prefer to engage in pve sparringly are being forced to pve just to support our passion and/or take up crafting. I didn't enjoy the crafting system enough to want to engage in that. I found it cost me a ton to build up purple skills for things that had no value compared to what I invested in crafting. I made more from selling mats.

I am literally in no position to even consider legacy investments without pveing to make enough credits to buy them. No offense but having to do daily pve just to mod my pvp armor is driving me crazy. I don't think I waste credits. I mean I cannot even have 2 sets of armor for appearances. I would like to spend more but cannot without taking a bunch of efforts to gain money.

Thank you.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

RichyYoung
06.15.2012 , 07:09 PM | #10
Once again ignored my question on when they will increase the GTN listing time... Only asked every single time...

The HK 51 requirements suck big time, im republic not imperial... I will never roll an imp, the very fact that this game has two sides is a giant draw ... everyone picks a side. Forcing me to roll an imp just so im not behind everyone else in the game sucks...

If people want to roll both sides becuase thats what they want to do, thats completely there choice but dont force us to do it...